Two questions

Bdygrd4u

Registered
just wondering if anyone has had/heard both yoshi RS3 pipes as in race and zyclone baffles. I will be in the market for new slip ons but I don't want too loud of pipes. Is the race baffle obnoxiously loud in comparison to the two?

I suck at measuring/cutting. That is my only drawback from working on my bike. I can do a lot mechanically...just not measure and cutting. So is there anyone who can do the hump mod (so I can keep the grab handle) for me for a reasonable price so I dont mess it up?

Once again take your stock cans off and go ride it, nothing will be louder than this and it is not that loud trust me.

I have had both the street and race cans on my 03. The race cans have a little bigger end cap and shaped different than street. The race can has a little deeper tone than the street but both are not LOUD. I prefer the race sound to the street. Price is about the same I think. Hope this helps. Bob

...web site says that the race baffles are not street legal...that's why I was wondering...hmmmm...
nothing but OEM is street legal

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

Go race version, yoshi isn't that loud.

Plus what Johnnycheese said about the noise with no cans.

I think the law says 95dbs is illegal. Sport rider did an artical on a sh_t laod of pipes and only a couple went over the legal limit . You can probably still read the report on thier web site.

Just to clear it up for us peeps thats a liitle slow in understanding things.........do you mean running with straight pipes/no cans whatsoever? I've often wondered about doing that.....Harley folks do it around here with no trouble.......and the busa doesn't seem louder than them with nothing on.....

Just to clear it up for us peeps thats a liitle slow in understanding things.........do you mean running with straight pipes/no cans whatsoever? I've often wondered about doing that.....Harley folks do it around here with no trouble.......and the busa doesn't seem louder than them with nothing on.....
I was talking about stock exhaust on the Busa take the cans off and go for it.the restriction is in the header not the muffler on a Busa

I was talking about stock exhaust on the Busa take the cans off and go for it.the restriction is in the header not the muffler on a Busa
So you will still get the same back pressure without the cans? I had a guy tell me that you would lose all your back pressure and the bike would not run as well and could cause damage to the valves in the long run. He was also not a busa man though, so I trust what you say more then him.

I heard the same about running without the cans on... no back pressure and valves going bad. you say the back pressure is at the header huh?

I know that there is a restriction at the header and also at the midpipe where they cross, but I was not sure that would cause enough back pressure to not damage anything. I heard with harleys that they do not put out enough HP to matter but sportbikes do.

Back