Zyclone and Race Baffles: Yosh

Furball

Registered
Does anyone have any experience with the race and Zyclone baffles for the Yosh systems...I know the race is louder, but how loud is the Zyclone....I want the bike to be rather loud, but if the Zyclone is too quiet I won't want to go for it...But, I can get a Zyclone for VERY cheap....

Zyclone baffles are quite. They will get louder over the course of several years but if you want sound the only way to go is Akrapovic. Check out the sound difference between stock and Evolution in the first post here

Trust me these sound clips don't do the Evo any justice but they will give you an idea. If your set on Yosh then at least get the race baffles.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118028092 -->

Zyclones are the low end of Yosh....performance wise. They are quieter because they do flow less. Primarilly, those are the only ones you can get in countries where restrictions on sound and emissions are very strict. If you review the Yosh Japan site..you may even see that they can come with a CAT system built in.

A good choice if you want a pipe...but not ALL the noise of an open baffle design. This choice would be more of a cosmetic change than performance one.
But they are still going to be louder then stock...and can be quiet if your nieghbors are picky.

As for the Akro....it sounds a lot like the race version of the Yosh Duplex. Spending more than 600.00 on a pipe for the street is just silly (my IMO). It's an image thing that get's street riders to open their wallets for 800 /900 /....1400.00 systems....
Unless they have that kind of disposable income and are willing to build the motor to take advantage of the pipe's potential...it seems like a waste to me.

<!--EDIT|BusaCruise
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118028901 -->

The Zyclones (I have 'em) sound nice, but quiet. They definitely add some low growl, but without waking the neighbors.

I'm not sure, but I /think/ the race baffles can be added to a Zyclone equipped can. Anyone with knowledge care to share?

The Zyclones (I have 'em) sound nice, but quiet.  They definitely add some low growl, but without waking the neighbors.  

I'm not sure, but I /think/ the race baffles can be added to a Zyclone equipped can.  Anyone with knowledge care to share?
I think your thinking backwards. Race cans have no baffles and Zyclone cans have street baffles. I do believe you can add an insert street baffel to a Yosh race can if it is too noisy but all you can do with the Zyclones is gut them to make them louder. If that is all your looking for you should follow the "Stock Can Mod" thread on the board and gut your stock cans and save yourself some money.

As for the Akro....it sounds a lot like the race version of the Yosh Duplex.  Spending more than 600.00 on a pipe for the street is just silly (my IMO).  It's an image thing that get's street riders to open their wallets for 800 /900 /....1400.00 systems....
Unless they have that kind of disposable income and are willing to build the motor to take advantage of the pipe's potential...it seems like a waste to me.
My Evolution sounds nothing like any Yosh I have ever heard and I ran one on my GSXR750 for 12 years. You get what you pay for and if you want cutting edge technology you will pay for it. My Evolution weights 8.5 pounds and is full titanium with a carbon can. I didn't buy it for looks, and it certainly wasn't an "image thing" because I don't give two sh*ts what anyone thinks, but rather for HP increase and drastic weight savings. My Busa rides like a new bike because of it too. If you don't care about the weight of your Busa then definately go with a standard system. And no I don't have a lot of disposable income to blow either. I actually saved up for 6 to 7 months to get the system I wanted rather than settle for a lesser one. It could be argued that spending $11,000 on a motorcycle is a waste as well, but I know it was the best $11,000 I ever spent. Besides how much did this cost
rock.gif

Buell Pegs / HID - 5K / Silverstar 65W HB /Muzzy Blades (twin fans) / Scotts Race Rad Grill / Genmar/Reaper / ZGDB-DS / PC3USB / JeffW-TRE /K&N / T.A.R.G.D.O. /Tobins full MOD / Speed-o-Healer
always adding more...

Some of it seems like an image thing IMHO.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118041975 -->

My only experience with the Yosh Zyclone system was on my Ninja 1000R. I bought a Yosh 4 into 1 with the Zyclone baffle....the thing was quiet for sure, but so restrictive the bike ran like complete crap...for 50 bucks I ordered the race baffle which is a straight through design where as the Zyclone isn't, and the bike ran awesome. It was a major pain switching the baffles
mad.gif
but well worth the effort. IMO Zyclone baffles are less than useless, and I will never use one again.

My Evolution sounds nothing like any Yosh I have ever heard and I ran one on my GSXR750 for 12 years. You get what you pay for and if you want cutting edge technology you will pay for it. My Evolution weights 8.5 pounds and is full titanium with a carbon can. I didn't buy it for looks, and it certainly wasn't an "image thing" because I don't give two sh*ts what anyone thinks, but rather for HP increase and drastic weight savings. My Busa rides like a new bike because of it too. If you don't care about the weight of your Busa then definately go with a standard system. And no I don't have a lot of disposable income to blow either. I actually saved up for 6 to 7 months to get the system I wanted rather than settle for a lesser one. It could be argued that spending $11,000 on a motorcycle is a waste as well, but I know it was the best $11,000 I ever spent. Besides how much did this cost
rock.gif

Buell Pegs / HID - 5K / Silverstar 65W HB /Muzzy Blades (twin fans) / Scotts Race Rad Grill / Genmar/Reaper / ZGDB-DS / PC3USB / JeffW-TRE /K&N / T.A.R.G.D.O. /Tobins full MOD / Speed-o-Healer
always adding more...

Some of it seems like an image thing IMHO.
Yes...this bike is worth the 11K most of us paid...I agree!
Also, I said in my other post.... "IMO" In My Opinion....so just as you preferred to save up for the akro...it was your preferrence. Nothing worng with it...but it isn't the be-all / end-all of pipes. Just a nice one.
Yeah, you're correct...there is one "image" related item there...the ZGDB screen.....I decided to use it until I acquire the more functional touring screen.
wink.gif

Everything else either serves a functional purpose for comfort/convenience or is not seen.

As for the pipes...a full titanium yosh duplex is going to weigh about the same as the akro evo....have the same build quality...and sound damn near the same.....on the same bike.
Engine size plays a good part in how a can will sound...as well as the diameter of the collectors, mid...etc.
So remembering what it sounded like on your 750 isn't a fair compare.
Comparing apples to apples....1400.00 pipe to 1400.00 pipe... niether is going to hold an serious advantage over the other.
I am not knocking the akro...or pimping the yosh....just trying to give an observation.
wink.gif

BTW I still run a stock setup...and prolly will not buy either..I want to retain the dual can setup...but also to loose the weight a bit. So I really only have two choices...HMF and BlueFlame.
Yosh is my first choice...but they do not offer what I want for this bike.

Race cans have no baffles and Zyclone cans have street baffles. ...... If that is all your looking for you should follow the "Stock Can Mod" thread on the board and gut your stock cans and save yourself some money.

There's a flip side to that...
Race cans do have a baffle...it's a straight thru design.
Gutting the stock cans is going to get ya a fkd up map.
Since this person is asking more about sound dB and asked about saving $$$ I don't think dyno time is going to be involved to help correct the gutted can condition.
Yes...it's something to do if you are flat broke and just wanna make noise.

Furball- Check the Yosh USA site for their auctions...I think there is a SS Zyclone BO kit for about 139.00 (starting bid) or 169.00 to buy it outright.
Not sure if your price is that low or not...

the Zyclones keep the db around 85.

Just be sure that you aren't looking for a boost of any real kind other than the noise volume of the exhaust.
wink.gif

wink.gif

wink.gif

i like the yoshi race baffles.. it rumbles. it get loud at full throttle but when cruising it has a deep bass rumble. i love it. I have the stainless so it matches the chrome

As for the pipes...a full titanium yosh duplex is going to weigh about the same as the akro evo....have the same build quality...and sound damn near the same.....on the same bike.  
There's a flip side to that...
Race cans do have a baffle...it's a straight thru design.
Gutting the stock cans is going to get ya a fkd up map.
Since this person is asking more about sound dB and asked about saving $$$  I don't think dyno time is going to be involved to help correct the gutted can condition.
Yes...it's something to do if you are flat broke and just wanna make noise.
Your right Yosh does make a full ti system and it will cost you slightly more than the Akrapovic system from my shopping experience. I went with the Akrapovic due to it's availability and the fact a friend of mine was able to help me get a deal on one. Now that I have made the choice I am very glad I did. I don't agree that they will be equal however although it may be just a "personal preference" thing. I have read on this board as well as on other sites that Yosh systems are haveing fitment problems, granted some of them are minor. I know the system I ran on my GSXR made it impossible to remove the oil filter without pulling the header. I also know that it melted a notch in the Y portion of fairing between the two sides. This leads me to believe that there may be a better manufacturer our there. I know from the installation of my Evolution that there are ZERO fitment issues. It went on perfectly....way better than the stock setup actually and certainly better than what "I" have experienced with Yosh.

Your right race cans do have a straight through baffle, I should have took the time to explain this point. But then again that was not really the point I was trying to illistrate.

Gutting the stock cans has worked successfully for several board members here and there are a few threads that will show the process. I don't remember anyone who actually did the mod having any "fuel map" problems. I would suggest this to anyone looking to make more noise at the cheapest cost possible. Take a minute and do a search on the board and check it out.... there is a wealth of experience on the board, all you got to do is look for it.

<!--EDIT|Krieg
Reason for Edit: None given...|1118108073 -->

Back