Loud Exhaust - Need Advice.

kmiller00

Registered
I just bought this 2003 Busa (see pic) and the Brock's exhaust is just too loud. The guy I bought it from did not have the "baffle", so I am hoping someone can tell me which exhaust I have exactly and what I can get to quiet it down. I really appreciate your help. I am not sure which exhaust it is...hoping you may can tell from pics...it is round not oval.

P.S. Bad-a** looking bike, right? :-)

1265484302-251jpg-1.jpg picture by badbike10 - Photobucket

1265484623-253jpg.jpg picture by badbike10 - Photobucket

Looks like a Brock's Sidewinder (drag racing exhaust). Here's the link to their site, I'd recommend shooting them an e-mail or giving them a call to ask about the availibility of a baffle for that peticular system.

S13-421

By the way, Welcome.

Is a Brocks sidewinder but not sure if a baffle was ever made for this series as it is a race pipe and sound is usually not a consideration .

Does anyone know if a slip-on or another kind of "can" can be added to a set of Sidewinder headers?

there is no flange on the sidewinder header for a bolt-on can.....maybe with some creative engineering it would be possible.

there is no flange on the sidewinder header for a bolt-on can.....maybe with some creative engineering it would be possible.

Yes there is, a slip flange. On the Brocks sidewinders....they split right under the clutch cover. Either swap that can for their street can...or remove it at that section and put on what ever slim dia can you want like an HMF or M4

If the inlet dia is correct....how about sticking on a BRocks Alien Head can. THat way you still stay Brocks system, but with a bit diff set up then all the rest and will have great sound.

pm sent,I'm a brock dealer and carry all types of exhaust parts..I have a few options we can discuss if you would like to call..

The sidewinder exhaust system is really not a good street app. Any right turns will be ugly. You may want to consider selling the complete system and picking up a more street friendly setup. You'll be stuck with the hole in the fairing.

Sorry for delay in getting back with ya'll. Thanks for the replies. We are leaning towards going the more "street friendly route". I'm sure the neighbors will concur. :laugh:

So I guess we will soon be looking to sell/trade a Brock's Sidewinder Exhaust. Anyone interested?

Just PM us with questions and/or advice...been kinda busy but will respond.

We just got the bike...and we are loving it!

Back