Need Different Exhaust

busabutter

Registered
Months ago I did research and decided on getting the R-22 blings, mainly because they look cool. Got them and was disappointed because they didn't sound to much different than the stock pipes. Then discovered the insert baffles can be removed and then the rumble sound was there. Deep, low not loud but better than stock.

Now I am use to riding other bikes with a more snappier and louder sound. The R-22s sound quiet now. By the way loud pipes save lives, I believe that now, I notice after putting on exhausts on my bikes, cars don't cut me off as much and if they don't see me, they hear me. Every little bit helps. I almost got ran over by a truck because the guy was on his cell phone and didn't pay any attention to see if I was next to him. I honked my little horn and he kinda acted like he heard something but didn't care too much because it must have not been loud enough. So I rev it up. Next thing you know he looks over at me in shock and awe and swerves back to his lane.

Anyways whats louder than the r-22 blings? Not too loud just louder than the r-22s.

www.youtube.com and other video sites are actually a decent resource for hearing a pipe on the bike before you buy it.
It's all personal preference. do a search on Exhausts on Hayabusa.org and read through some of the other members' pipes.

Shortened R22's are and looks better too...Thats if your up to the task and have patience.
Look up a search for "shortened cans"and see if you like the look.
I personally have RS3's and shortened them 5inches which I prefer over cutting them at 9inches offf about half.
Its what you like.
Mine look alot better than the longer RS3 looks and ut does really sound distinctivly better at idle and on the throttle they are most inpressive.
Plus guys will say all the time I like your cans I was thiking of doing that they do look good shortened .
The trick is patience when chpping the can.

BDE street megaphone.
super.gif

if you're on a budget and don't need any extra power you can always mod the stock exhaust.

I've removed the rear baffles (you'll need a dremel to cut them loose), drilled 4 holes between each of the 3 mounting bolts and I flush cut the inner restrictor tube so that I lies almost flush with the inside of the baffle.

I sprayed the inside with some heat paint and added a couple chicken wire in from of the cover hole to hide the inside and make it look a little slicker.

Now noise wise I may have pushed it a bit too far. It's way louder than what my 600 Katana with Yoshi pipes was... It's not crazy but it is significantly louder.

It's loud enough that you will hear the bike running while going at good speed on the highway (plugs or not).

Back