Cherry Bomb Exhaust Project

BowDown

Registered
Well I removed the Screaming Eagle pipes I made. It sounded awesome at idle, or heavy throttle... but part throttle riding around town and through my neighborhood was pretty obnoxious.

They were pretty much straight pipes w/1 steel baffle inside.

So my next project is to have 2 more of those elbows bent up, weld em to some 14" Body Cherry Bomb Glasspacks, and then weld on a turnout, or turndown style tip. They will be flat black as well.

87021.gif

Going to cut off 1 or both angled inlets. Depends on how it fits. These will bolt up to the stock brackets like my Eagles did.

If someone is interested in those let me know. After I get done mocking up with them I wont need em.

post-11-00065-indian_lake_003_small.jpg

Screaming Eagles did look awesome tho!

Let the flaming begin.

AAAssjani.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
haha modding never ends. it'll be interesting to hear what the cherry bombs sound like. good luck.

i had cherry bombs on a valkyrie i used to own. did sound good. made for a heavy exhaust system though. sounded like a porsche don't knw if it would sound good on busa......

I ve run a single 3 inch bullet muffler for a couple years now. I used a 3 inch chrome turn down. It exit/ends just past the foot peg. I ve always liked it. It dynoed the same as carbon yoshis, dual and single but its virtually gone so I dont burn my leg on it making passes at the track. That was my reason for dong it, I had burnt a hole in my leathers.

I made a modified stock/sidewinder header......

Cherry bombs are being delivered to my work tomorrow. Then I get to start mockup again. Fun times!
beerchug.gif

i had cherry bombs on a valkyrie i used to own. did sound good. made for a heavy exhaust system though. sounded like a porsche don't knw if it would sound good on busa......
True. These only have a 12" body... so it shouldn't be too bad.

Stock cans are like lead.

Can't wait to hear em.
drools.gif

I always wondered why Flomaster doesn't get into bike mufflers. They are the shid on cages. Nothing sounds better IMHO.

OK since no one else asked. Why? Wont those add a whole lot of weight to the already portly factory exhaust?

The glasspacks weigh less than the stock cans. Stock cans are getting removed. Along with the midpipes. Then I'm making my own 1pc muffler/midpipe from the glasspacks.

Will sound much better than stock, but still tame enough to ride without getting pulled over every week.
lurk.gif

WOW! You are one to beat even me! PS don't offer them for sale on the ORG you may get in trouble with one member for sure! Have you ever seen these? I have sold a bunch all around the Globe, even to Japan! and I'm still getting requests for them. I bet old man Yoshimura started the same way! I love exhaust.

post_49_76498_027__800x600_.jpg

Tomorrow starts mock up!

Ya, I will probably keep the eagles. In case i ever want to swap back. Swapping exhaust takes like 10 minutes. ;)

No support needed with these. Shipping weight for both pipes with baffles, clamps and packing is 3.5 Lbs. I was just making a point of do your own thing! Some made fun of me, and I almost got a hit put out on me, from one on this site. When I offered them to ORG members at a discount if they made a donation
rock.gif
I have sold almost 200 sets off Ebay Too every corner of the globe. In the UK they say they cause you to go DAFT when you ride. So  
thumb_up.gif
2 Ya.
AOL.com Images Not Available

Petty cool this big pic thing! Cap is on top of it! No more spread wide open pages! Thanx

wk5_z96lJz9frF_at8TsR3VyUD9HYDBv0300.jpg

Back