D.I.Y Turbo Build, Hayabusa in a Reliant Kitten car.. :)

99jdee

Registered
Hi,

Ok so currently i have been doing months and months of research into this whole little project of mine, i have saved up a certain amount of cash for the project (please dont take this the wrong way but i do not want to hear, it will cost 10's of thosands to build this blah blah, been and done the research and would not be going ahead if the price exceeded what i have saved! lol :)

Anyways, my plan is to put a Hayabusa engine into a relient kitten with a sprocket adapter to a propshaft custom built to a sierra LSD Rear differential, anyway, i understand how all this is going to go ahead, but i am also planning on building a home build turbo kit..

Here is a list of what i assume i will need, please do not laugh or poke fun, i have a mechanical knowledge and feel confident enough with some help and research to be able to take on this project..

Can you please let me know what i need and do not need from the list below, i am hoping to run 4lb's to 10lb's of boost perhaps say 230hp - 280hp..

Hayabusa 1300 GSXR Engine. (GEN1 Engine)
Hayabusa GSXR Loom/ECU.
General Full Service/ Plugs/ Fluids/ Filters/ Gaskets etc..
Custom or Already Built Exhaust Headers. (Log type or Standard Type setup)
Already built Intake Plenum/Inlet
Billet Injector Rail
Walbhro external Fuel pump.
Baffle for sump as its going into a car.
Bigger Injectors 350cc
Turbo (either Garrett GT25 or TDO4 or TDO5 Mitsubushi) Turbo to be considered dependent on spool speed and power. (Wanting 250-300bhp - @ 4lbs/10lbs of Boost )
Exhaust Down pipe from turbo (custom)
External TIAL Wastegate and Screamer pipe. ^
Rubber/Intercooler piping for turbo Outlet to Intake Plenum.
Small Alluminium Intercooler
Small Alluminium Radiator.
Spacer Plate to lower compression.
Stronger Head Bolts.
External FPR
FMU - Fuel Management.
O2 Sensors??
Power Commander 3 ECU for Fuel and Ignition timing.
Intercooler Piping Kit & Numerous Blue Hoses.
Oil feed and return lines (Braided) ?
Mapping of Power Commander 3 on DYNO.

as i said i am guessing the list on here is in no way complete which is why i am asking for some guidance, reason im doing this is i am hoping once the busa engine a turbo kit are up and running 250bhp @ 550kg car and engine weight.. good power to weight of around 380-410bhp RWD. :)

Anyway guys , thanks in advance for the guidance any positive guidance would be a great help!

Many Thanks, Jamie. :moon:

Personally I think you should put it in a car like my Westfield, that handles and stops already, but each to their own and all that.
You need to budget for a heavy duty output shaft if you can, as the extra weight of the car overstretches the originals strength. You can get one from Nova Transmissions.
I've got a TD05 16G on mine making 275rwhp at 12psi, wth a large intercooler. It spools up great with no noticeable lag. I made the whole set up myself

By the way my set up sill cost about £4 grand and I've done another couple on keeping it fed with gearbox parts since. It goes like sh*t off a stick though.
Good luck, and keep researching on here.
Steve.

Back