Cherry Bomb Exhaust Project

Early Mockup. I gotta make the bracket, and cut off the angled tip and reclock it. Then it's onto the other side.

1010071328.jpg

Tack welded on...

I got to hear them last night (sorry no camera with me). They sound phenomenal!!! Medium loudness, awesome tone. Best sound from an engine I have ever heard.
lurk.gif
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif

1010071837.jpg

Weather really sucks here for the rest of the week. I hope to get them all welded up Sunday (next day it isn't raining and blowing) and paint them up. May have them on Sunday, but prbly Monday.
beerchug.gif
thumb_up.gif

I worked at a speed shop in the 70s and we sold a header muffler from Cyclone called "purple Hornies". They were 4" in dia. and were the loudest mufflers you could get, I swear louder than open headers. Find you a pair of those and adapt them to your busa and you will have something.

I looked at them. None had an inlet small enough, and alot of the bodies were like 18->24" Long. I would have to cut the whole thing apart and basically make my own. That's why I went with the cherry bombs.

I had louder than open header already, that's why I went with a glasspack.
fart.gif

Haven't got to put em back on. It's been pretty shitty weather so I have been driving the truck to work. (I use the shop at work to fab em up).

Finish welds are done. Wow they were a bit ugly, but a little grinding and sanding later they are fine. I didn't weld the last set and it's been like 2 years since I held a torch ;). Oh well, they are strong and look good.

Here's some pics of them still wet from high-temp flat black.

Video clip will come tomorrow. They are drying over night.
lurk.gif

1013071624.jpg

Back