help!! my kickstands hitting my fatty pipes

ncbigman

Registered
Hello fellow riders i just got my set of slip on fatty pipes for my 09 busa and they sound and look amazing only problem is like alot of others said about shorty pipes is that my kickstand is hitting the pipe i saw on one post a guy said add washers to the front and back of the kickstand but i cant figure out which bolts to take off and add them can anyone please give me a detailed step by step to take off the kickstand and do this to stop the hitting thank u all.

duh. It's an 09. Sorry, never worked on a Gen 2. If it's like the Gen 1 there is one main bolt that holds it on, and a couple smaller ones. Probably need to put the washers between the kickstand and frame around the big main bolt.

looking at the kickstand itself it wraps round the bracket at top pretty tight so i dont know if a washer on the actual kickstand would push it out any

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0055.jpg

Just remove the kickstand :whistle:

Just keep the clamp loose and remove the left side Fatty "tip" when you ride and the kickstand is up and slip it back on when you park and put the kickstand down. No one will ever know the difference.

if its like a genI take the two bolts out of the kickstand bracket. one on either side of your engine kill sensor (you may have to pull the fairing). then add the washer(s) to the back side of the bracket moving the whole assembly outward. then just tighten the bolts back up.
might as well do the kick stand mod while you got it off.

looks pretty sweet btw. where did you get em?

thanks saygbye i was thinking that but wasnt sure if that was where i should put the washers. I ordered them on fattypipes.com and they came with the baffles installed and with clamps and they sound amazing

how do u get the two bolts loose on the kickstand???!!! i tore up two allen keys and still cant break them loose any ideas???

how do u get the two bolts loose on the kickstand???!!! i tore up two allen keys and still cant break them loose any ideas???

Try using a breaker bar. Suzuki uses the "RED" thread lock on those bolts. I recently took those bolts off to to change kick stands.

thank u for that tdog im gonna look to see if the sleeve is still on my headers too. do u think its good to do the valve block off?

I haven't done the marble mod on mine. Thought about it but just haven't tried it yet. I don't have a problem with a lot of popping though. Look at the mod in that thread that keeps your stand from coming all the way up but still engages the switch. Very simple to do.

i straightened the part that pushes the switch in. works fine i had more of an issue with the weights under the pegs.

DSC00962.jpg

very good looking bike biglu i like the blue rims did u do the marble mod with the shorty pipes? I kinda like the gargling when im downshifting and i havent really noticed any real power loss on low end

Back