Ten Year Anniversary Paint Job

BTW :

This is not some old Chinese proverb
( although I am sure there is one , LOL ) .

Things just mean more when you earn them .

I have a friend that buys a new bike every year .

He adds a bunch of garbage to them ,
maybe paints them , stretches them .

Then when he has completely
destroyed a good bike he sells it .

The planning ,
the saving
the money ,

and long nights
in the garage
are as much fun
as rides to be honest .

Hey did you just get
put in time - out ?

Ha ha ha .

Looks like a couple
posts disappeared .

Last edited:
Ali I have been doing this (living) considerable longer than you, so I can say from experience that you are wrong and you can only say from conjecture that you are not. Nothing you can buy will matter when you are on your death bed, unless it's something you bought for another. I have been on the death bed, waiting to see if my organs would restart, never gave anything material I own a second thought.
so its better to give? remember me to ask you for a loan,,,,,, the point is arch.... u HAVE a BMW motorcycle/ a busa/ whatever minivan u daily drivelol... a house.... u lived a comfortable life.... and are lucky to live anything past 50.... I don't care what anyone says.... I didn't expect to live past 30 to be totally honest... a few friends didn't make 20.... tragic... we are entitled to NOTHING... god grant us another day

Last edited:
Back to our scheduled programming, here is a pic of that Ford color. It looked better with a blue stripe, and the best I ever saw was one with a black custom stripe, but you get the point.

s-l1600.jpg

so its better to give? remember me to ask you for a loan,,,,,, the point is arch.... u HAVE a BMW motorcycle/ a busa/ whatever minivan u daily drivelol... a house.... u lived a comfortable life.... and are lucky to live anything past 50.... I don't care what anyone says.... I didn't expect to live past 30 to be totally honest... a few friends didn't make 20.... tragic... we are entitled to NOTHING... god grant us another day

It's only better to give to the deserving, that's what makes it worthwhile. I've had many people say to me thank god you didn't decide to be a criminal. With my brain and focus, I would have been a really great one. But I worked harder than anyone I know for this "comfort". When I went to VT in 1979, no black person had ever graduated from there with an architecture degree, it wasn't fun being one of 300 blacks in a school with 22,000 students. What the government gave us the faculty took it back - it was 5 years of extreme hazing and mind games. When I graduated I was the only black almost everywhere. No mentors, nobody upstairs looking out for me. I'm the first and only Black architect in my current 100-year old firm. Same BS, same remedy - work harder, be smarter and be fearless.

I talk to kids a lot (can you tell? lol) and they always ask me how much I make. They say I'm not doing that then. So I tell them that the average NFL career only lasts 2.5 years. I can make what I make for 40+ years, so I'll make much more than they will. Some paths in life are sprints and some are distance races. You choose a sprint run fast, choose distance pace yourself.

I'm already past 50, by 7 years actually. To me, if you are willing to struggle its because you believe in you. If you think you are disposable, burn out quick. But as I always say: "stop being a bitch, choose your race and work for it."

But then Ali I know you are playing games with me. You are working for it.....

I was planning to replace the plastic on the Hayabusa for our 10 year anniversary. I was think of going back to the 09 silver with a simpler look. I was thinking of a huge Kanji that is smearing like it was put on with paint and hen the wind smeared it. On the other side I was not going to with just the letter SUZUKI HAYABUSA. I was also going to put a thin blue stripe down the middle of the bike. What do you think

View attachment 1595197

View attachment 1595199
My fr fallenarch look at this grey.
looks better after the 8 minute

I do not speak Russian :p

Actually Ali and I. I was being silly though.

Yeah..... figured as much. This thread was going along fine and then well ya know!!! It’s weird reading a thread when youve blocked someone :laugh:

Because I can’t see it’s posts so it’s like a broken conversation. Only when I seen it got off topic I put 2 and 2 together and figured it was only a matter of time till....... Can’t have nothing nice these days :banghead:

Actually Ali and I do a lot of going back and forth and unlike many here we have a lot of fun at it. He is hell bent on getting me on a turbo. I don't see that happening though. I'm way too old for that. That's where that comfortable old man stuff was going in this thread. I knew in the next post or so he would be trying to sell a blower for Frank :moon:

Actually Ali and I
do a lot of going
back and forth
and unlike many here

we have a lot of fun at it .

He is hell bent on getting me on a turbo .

I do not see that
happening though .

I am way too old for that .

That is where that
comfortable old man
stuff was going in this thread .

I knew in the next post
or so he would be trying
to sell a blower for Frank .

:moon:

RjvPxf_I.jpg

Actually Ali and I do a lot of going back and forth and unlike many here we have a lot of fun at it. He is hell bent on getting me on a turbo. I don't see that happening though. I'm way too old for that. That's where that comfortable old man stuff was going in this thread. I knew in the next post or so he would be trying to sell a blower for Frank :moon:
lol.... arch... thanks.... and for those that don't know.... arch and I actually get along very well.... threadjack over... I enjoy the bickering from time to time as well... see u this summer.

Back