Ten Year Anniversary Paint Job

Probably Chinese. Trying to find a good deal on new OEM, gave up. Besides don't really want to paint the tank.
Funny you post this. I was looking for good condition fairings in black and gave up. A bunch of junk on eBay and locally. I decided to try to piece together the 2009 silver fairing set and, to my surprise, that color is one of the most expensive to buy new. Some pieces are $100 more than the same piece in black. I did manage to locate some like new pieces on eBay and almost done gathering all the parts. Still unsure if I should nicely pack my white set and store in the attic or try to recoup my money, but everyone freaks out when you tell them the price you want for a full set, not realizing that new from suzi is well north of $3,000, depending on color. I’ll post some pictures when I’m done with mine. Can’t decide if I should paint the lower silver pieces in the same metallic gray as the rest of the fairings to make it look more classy......... at least in my eyes.... lol! This has been an expensive experience that has left me looking for things to sell to fund this project. The good thing is that, once done, i’ll Finally have the bike I went to purchase and signed papers on, but dealer had screwed up and listed the wrong color in their inventory, so I took the white, since I had already signed all the papers. It has grown on me and I get a lot of compliments, but I want to change things a bit after so many years with the same color scheme.

Last edited:
Hey Arch how about this color for your Busa???

04F6840A-5ADB-4A7C-84AF-B3FC3E42EBED.jpeg

I really like this concept, It manages to cut the girth of the Busa visually with the light color on the bottom (light colors tend to look lighter too). I have to do some photoshopping and see if this is as effective on the lines of a gen 2 tail section. Also try some color combinations, like silver and blue possibly. This also has a silver frame, which I won't be doing - leaving it black. I really like the graphics on this though. The black graphic lines on the dark background are nice, very now. The copper accent is nice too.

hayabusa with GSXR 1K tail - 02.jpg

hayabusa with GSXR 1K tail - 01.jpg

I really like this concept, It manages to cut the girth of the Busa visually with the light color on the bottom (light colors tend to look lighter too). I have to do some photoshopping and see if this is as effective on the lines of a gen 2 tail section. Also try some color combinations, like silver and blue possibly. This also has a silver frame, which I won't be doing - leaving it black. I really like the graphics on this though. The black graphic lines on the dark background are nice, very now. The copper accent is nice too.

View attachment 1595515

View attachment 1595516
That is a serious looking bike...not a whole lot of Busa left.

I’ve seen this color up close n personal and let me tell you it pops :thumbsup:

Harley is running this color and Dodge has it on some of their premium models. Like the Challenger SRT’s and Rams. Would look real good with your new black rims and a Kanji’s on the sides
That color looks really good in person. That color, Ford's dove grey they put on the fox body cars back in the day, and Mercedes' tectite gray would all look great.

I was planning to replace the plastic on the Hayabusa for our 10 year anniversary. I was think of going back to the 09 silver with a simpler look. I was thinking of a huge Kanji that is smearing like it was put on with paint and hen the wind smeared it. On the other side I was not going to with just the letter SUZUKI HAYABUSA. I was also going to put a thin blue stripe down the middle of the bike. What do you think

View attachment 1595197

View attachment 1595199
Don't do what OTHER people says looks good... Only YOU can feel what YOU feel... and its YOU that's gotta die when its ure time to die... spend alllll the money and take no prisoners....

Don't do what OTHER people says looks good... Only YOU can feel what YOU feel... and its YOU that's gotta die when its ure time to die... spend alllll the money and take no prisoners....
Dude, it's just paint! I'll figure it out. Always do you, but listen to others especially when there is this experience on hand with just a post! BTW: Never spend all the money and never spend money you will have on toys.

Dude, it's just paint! I'll figure it out. Always do you, but listen to others especially when there is this experience on hand with just a post! BTW: Never spend all the money and never spend money you will have on toys.
im gonna have to disagree.... this thing called life could end tomorrow and I would feel like the biggest ahole on earth to leave ANYTHING on the table..... nobody ever laid on their deathbed wishing they invested more money and spent more hours at work... it seems we always regret the moves WE DIDNT make... sometimes ya gotta go all in..... victory is a hundred fathers..... defeat is an ORPHAN...…. unless u have kids.... then u handicapped ureself… jk

Ali I have been doing this (living) considerable longer than you, so I can say from experience that you are wrong and you can only say from conjecture that you are not. Nothing you can buy will matter when you are on your death bed, unless it's something you bought for another. I have been on the death bed, waiting to see if my organs would restart, never gave anything material I own a second thought.

BTW: This is not some old Chinese proverb (although I'm sure there is one, LOL). Things just mean more when you earn them. I have a friend that buys a new bike every year. He adds a bunch of garbage to them, maybe paints them, stretches them. Then when he has completely destroyed a good bike he sells it. The planning, the saving the money, and long nights in the garage are as much fun as rides to be honest.

Hey did you just get put in time-out? Ha ha ha looks like a couple posts disappeared.

Back