Votes: 68 100.0%
  • Letters Not Painted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

CYCLEERIC

Biker Man
Donating Member
Registered
I know that some of you paint your letter on your tires . I just got a new set of Michelin Pilot Powers and was thinking of painting the Michelin logo white. I've seen it one some race bikes now and then.

I used to do it loooong ago but found the colour would fade and look sh*tty..

i like the way it looks.. never took the time to actually do it though.

I leave them the way they are
wink.gif

Just asked my son (he's 17 ) and prolly more 'in' than us , he laughed and said you'll look like a plank .. Makes me wonder ? Are we all 'planks' ? Mmmmmm ?
rock.gif

tounge.gif
contrary to popular opion I went ahead and painted the Michelin logo on the Pilot Powers and looks ok . I simply love these tires so far even with only a couple hundred miles on them . Im starting to scrub the little Michelin man off the edges .
biggrin.gif

What kind of Pilot tires did you get. There are different types right? I am just curious, because those are the tires I get next, after I tear up the ones I have on her now.

ummm I like it and do it every now and then...it does fade and become a pain in the ass though..

sencarocks.JPG

I painted my Pilot Powers when I installed them but have grown tired of trying to keep the letters white . I see yours UUBusa have started to turn a little tan . What kind of paint should I get to keep them white ? If there's no cure for the color turning Im gonna stop trying .
sad.gif

ummm I like it and do it every now and then...it does fade and become a pain in the ass though..
I don't like the tire paint, but I am  digging the paint scheme you got. That looks GOOOOOD.
Awww thanx Mr Brown.. My painter hated the idea of plain jane gray..until I took it by the shop after I finished the polishing..he loved it.
It's too bad I had to have that panel resprayied and he couldn't match it.. :o)

I painted my Pilot Powers when I installed them but have grown tired of trying to keep the letters white . I see yours UUBusa have started to turn a little tan . What kind of paint should I get to keep them white ? If there's no cure for the color turning Im gonna stop trying .
sad.gif
CE...for the Dunlops I used yellow. It's still fades though..I don't usually maintain it-it is a pain in the ass, unless I'm bored and just want to spend time with my bike. I don't think theres any paint out there that isn't going to fade and can be used on a tire.

Back