vinyl wrap vs air brush or paint

flippnswitchez

Registered
I am thinking of changing my paint scheme. I've seen vinyl wraps on bikes. What's your opinion a vinyl wrap or air brush or paint?

I have seen a few vinyl covered bikes. The cool thing is you can come up with any design you want and not have to worry about paying for a custom airbrush job. Some are also hard to tell if there vinyl or not. I was quoted once $700 installed. My paint alone for my bike was around 800 bucs.

I have seen a couple, Both looked really good from a distance but if you got up on them you could see the seams.

Although for the price Im thinking it would be worth it.

a local shop here does stickers to your bike.....any full bike decal :thumbsup:

take note of the white parts! they r entirely pasted too, even the single seater.

CIMG4860.jpg

you already have it on your busa, what do you think the kanji is made from

Some one on the board posted this one a few years back . There was also a member that made my decals for me , he had a shop and did his with a wrap . He said that the tank was the only place that had where you could see the seems . So he bought a tank bra and it was sweet.

DSC01854.jpg

The good thing about having it wrapped is if, god forbid, anything happens, it's alot easier to replace than custom airbrushing.

I would take the paint instead of the wrap.. when you have a sweet paint job you tend to treat the bike with more respect.. cause you know if you drop it's going to hurt the pocket....

i think the wraps are cool. only thing is changing em. how hard to get em off. we all know how removing decals can be a pita, especialy parts warmed up from the motor.

Back