painted undertails

busa854

Donating Member
Registered
I am thinking of buying a hot bodies undertail and was wondering how bad the painted undertails get chips in the paint from road debris. I've seen bikes with huggers on them, but it still looks like there would be a good chance of paint chips. Thanks in advance for any comments.

i have two other bikes with undertails & no paint chips(yet). you definitely need a hugger to go with it. thats the real protection for the tail. might as well finish the look off properly
cool.gif

i am waiting on a undertail to get shipped. already have hugger waiting. cant wait to get rid of mudflap, myself

Just got both hugger and undertail today... Will post pics of installation...

My first undertail so i cant tell about chips yet! Curious to find out...

Yes, you will get chips, even with hugger. Just part of the excitement. Wait till you hit your first stretch of road that's been recently chip-sealed.
mad.gif

Then again, you could just stick to clean roads.

i have two other bikes with undertails & no paint chips(yet). you definitely need a hugger to go with it. thats the real protection for the tail.   might as well finish the look off properly
cool.gif

i am waiting on a undertail to get shipped.  already have hugger waiting.  cant wait to get rid of mudflap, myself
+ 1

I've had a Mototeck undertail on my Busa for two years now and live down a long gravel road...no hugger...bike's too low to allow it...

No major problems as of yet...it gets pretty dirty, but no noticable chips in the paint...
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1130342663 -->

mine is chipped to he11, dont really know why i dont drive on gravel and try to stay away for rocks on the road. They are not noticeable other that when you wash it tho

Didn't want to start a whole new thread just to rant about Chip Seal, and this was the closest one I could dredge up! Who is the moron that invented Chip Seal anyway? As soon as the weather got warm the cheapskates here in Washington start chip sealing every frigging road in the state that's worth riding with this crap! Basically spray tar all over the road and then throw gravel on it and run for the hills! :banghead:

It turns a once smooth and flowing road into a...Gravel Road! Just had it with this crap man! Destroying my car and I wont even take the bike on it! And the best part is they'll do it all again next year because it doesn't last, or fix the holes they are trying to cover up in the first place! Are there any states that dont Chip Seal?

Ok thats the end of my Rant!

Peace! :D

Back