Paint matching problem.

Baldguy

Registered
Hi guys
So i recently bought an 05 Hayabusa that is very clean except two small areas that have some bad paint chips. The tail of the bike and the right side fairing has some very minor scratches. I was able to find the OEM color Metallic Sonic Silver touch up paint from touchupdirect (haven't used it yet) but here is my problem. The aftermarket tail thats on the bike has paint chips and its clearly a slightly different shade of silver. It looks kinda like a hotbodies except mine has led turn signals under the tail lights. Under is the pic of what it looks like. Im almost ready to buy a whole new undertail kit i hate the paint flas that bad but im thinking someone on here might know what brand of tail it is and possibly how to get touch up paint for it. I dont think its an eBay kit only because all of the aftermarket parts are name brand and not the cheap stuff so im assuming they bought a nice one but im just guessing.
Any help is greatly appreciated thanks guys

tail scratch 2.jpg

Hayabusa tail scratch.jpg

Why not just order a rattle can from colorrite.com for the silver on your bike and take the undertail of and do a garage paint job on it and spray some clear and then sand? It doesn’t have to be perfect, being that it is an undertail, but touch would definitely look bad.

Why not just order a rattle can from colorrite.com for the silver on your bike and take the undertail of and do a garage paint job on it and spray some clear and then sand? It doesn’t have to be perfect, being that it is an undertail, but touch would definitely look bad.
That's a good idea man. Bro good looking out on Colorrite I didnt know about this site. Thank you! I wasn't really sure how easy it would be to paint plastic ive never done that before but I like your idea. Thanks for the feedback man.

I use an adhesion promoter. They make them specifically for painting plastics.
Is that they're aerosol primer? Im on the site now, im actually throwing around the idea of going with the blue thats on the front of the bike now since im painting the hole piece. I gotta find a online tool to play with colors.

I would never use touchup, it just looks horrible. +1 to painting like what the guys say, either that or sand your plastics down and vinyl wrap it.

Back