Painting the Busa

Indy03BUSA

Registered
Ok I need some help here. I am thinking of painting the Busa I think I'm going to do 1 solid color on her. I know I want to use House of Kolor paint. I want to do a first layer of Kandy, color coat , and then a clear coat I have hvlp paint gun and a booth I can use. I have not painted for a while it has been 10 years. for painting the Buse what all will i need to get from house of Kolor to paint the busa? Thanks for all your help
jump9.gif

I have used HOK paint.Stick with the whole system,dont interchang brands..
Normally you lay down your metallic base coat,the your transparent candy,finished with a clear...

Make sure that you are in at least 75 degrees in the booth!!

If not,your paint will run easily.When spraying the candy,count your coats for each panel! the more candy you spray,the darker it becomes.
If you need more help,pm me...

Also use a good primer if needed.

got that right on hok product consistency, temp, and number of coats.

beerchug.gif

So is it base color, kandy, and then clear I am not sure where to spray the kandy? Sory about the questions I never used kandy in painting in auto body classes in High School

Nice colors.......

I like that brandywine!

Be sure to take pics and update your progress.

cool.gif

The shimiring (metallic) goes on first,then you use your candy,and you can use both kolors and do some color fading if you want...then go to your clear coat....

good luck...

I've recently had my bike painted in the House of Kolor candy-apple red with a gold underlay. Man, that paintjob is awesome. Only wish I knew how to do it myself.

(Indy03BUSA @ Mar. 01 2007,22:02) Thanks is there someing I need to mix with the paint because it going on plastic's ?
Bare (raw) plastic, yes. Adhesion promoter for plastic - I don't believe it's mixed. Its the 1st coat.
If theres already paint there, no.

Back