Painted letters???

Painted letters??? - Tire letters painted

• Letters Painted

Votes: 68 100.0%
  • Letters Not Painted

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
You could always grind off the raised letters and paint something customized in their place like "Caution: tread ends here" or "You're going to have to go home and tell your mommy that my bike kicked your a$$"

Got tired of trying to keep them looking white so I scrubbed it off last night during the wash .

How about painting a red line around them like the old goodyear wideovals. Oh I forgot most of you guys were not around then, Im getting oooold.Nevermind!

I had red line around the tire on my Mongoose bicycle that had a Sissy-Bar!
tounge.gif

Wow i'm not even going to tell you guys that I painted the inside of the treads on mine !
wow.gif
Oh sh#t did I say that out loud!

also got rim tape . I know its hard to see , my camera is in the shop getting fixed again.

123.JPG

That red-and-yellow looks sweet ... like a Ferrari. The gray looks like someone from Suzuki took a second look and decided on the pearl white/silver for '06. Nice paint (especially the Kanji)! I've seen that copper before ... b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l color.

i like the painted lettering, but some members on this board say it's a hassle. if it didn't rub off i'd try it.
wink.gif

The paint pens work good but to do the treads you need 2 for each tire.

Parts Unlimited still has them in stock from ART . They sent me 2 when I ordered the last one . Im gonna be stripping my bodywork off for a cut/buff and polish job soon and then some decals from Tapeworks .
cool.gif

I havent personally did it to a motorcycle tire yet but should be the same , using a white paint pen then spraying over a clear enamel or acrilic paint that adheres to rubber , you can keep the white lasting for a couple of years , did them on a semi trucks tires... try painting all thoes letters and having them fade and redoing them every so often.... anyway hope that helps if anyones wondering how to keep the color of the letters , it also gives the bikes tire a constant wet look when not dusty. Cycle tire may wear off faster tho.

Back