Paintage

werdkat

Registered
So I have had a thing, for lack of better words, for the 02 limited edition busa and the 03 anniversary. Since I was unable to find either in respectable shape when it was time to purchase my second one I bought another black and silver 05. Now after 3 months I regret the color choice. She is going to paint tomorrow! Maeve is going to be Dupont Black with 02 dodge silver symbol with a outline in Honda SI blue.

Little brother is a painter so this makes my life easier lol...cheap labor! Enjoy the pics!

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00064.jpg

DSC00065.jpg

DSC00066.jpg

DSC00068.jpg

DSC00069.jpg

me telling him to do a good job

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: "watch the pics please..."|1135778719 -->

Can't wait to see the final outcome! Looks like a fun winter project, though I think the stock paint looked just fine
cool.gif

smile.gif

Can't wait to see the final outcome!  Looks like a fun winter project, though I think the stock paint looked just fine
cool.gif

smile.gif
sigh....and edited...double sigh...

Unfortunately it would be a great winter project if I lived up north, so far it got to the 20's the otherday but averaging around the mid 50's to mid 40's...still wonderful riding weather. UGH!

Can't wait to see the final outcome!  Looks like a fun winter project, though I think the stock paint looked just fine
cool.gif

smile.gif
sigh....and edited...double sigh...  

Unfortunately it would be a great winter project if I lived up north, so far it got to the 20's the otherday but averaging around the mid 50's to mid 40's...still wonderful riding weather. UGH!
Awww, I'm sorry...honestly, that pic of the guy flipping the bird brought up some controversy in light of all the other controversy lately...

Don't shoot the messenger...
smile.gif

smile.gif

i know what you mean about the color....i BADLY wanted an 05 LE but couldnt find one anywhere close....the one that i did find in Arlington TX the guy wanted me to pay like $15000 and he wasnt going to pay off my trade in either! I was like your crazy! I had a check in my pocket ready to sign papers but he didnt want to budge on the price so i walked...next day i found the black/grey 05 and the guy let me go OTD $10600....i was sold! I still want the 05 LE...just love the color and blacked out frame!!! ARRGHH!! *sigh* sorry to rant on your post but i cant wait to see the finished product!!

i know what you mean about the color....i BADLY wanted an 05 LE but couldnt find one anywhere close....the one that i did find in Arlington TX the guy wanted me to pay like $15000 and he wasnt going to pay off my trade in either!  I was like your crazy!  I had a check in my pocket ready to sign papers but he didnt want to budge on the price so i walked...next day i found the black/grey 05 and the guy let me go OTD $10600....i was sold!   I still want the 05 LE...just love the color and blacked out frame!!!  ARRGHH!!  *sigh* sorry to rant on your post but i cant wait to see the finished product!!
I know exactly what you mean! To sand all down it took about 3 hours or so I think it was. Most of it is primered today, tonight will be retouching since we had a freak hail storm yesterday and spidered the primer up. ugh

Wouldn`t be easier to buy scratched set off ebay for less then 500 and sell the perfect one? $1000.00 is a good money.
I just can`t start sanding down the shiny paint.

Did you painted the tank without taking off gas cap and side plastics?

Back