Street Race

(Kweave @ Jun. 06 2007,21:02) Some of you guys are idiots!.
I am a cop who for 12 years worked Traffic Homcide.  In that time I worked over 350 fatalities.
Guess who has to go tell the families that their loved one was killed doing something stupid?
I ride a Busa, most of the time 90% responsibly.  If I am caught acting stupid I expect to pay a higher price than most on this board  i.e my job of 18 years.

If you want to cut up, fine, but dont blame the police for ding what he is paid to do, protect the citizens of his jurisdiction and maintain the quality of life in the communities.
Bull no cop is going to give a cop a ticket ...Seen it to many times ....

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA ! If you cant do the time, Dont do the crime. Quit whining. "The mans picking on me " "Big brother is watching " GROW UP!!!

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 06 2007,19:00) My personal Opinion is ...........
That our American Values and Tradition of Freedom needs to be Re-Introduced to the minds of All Peace Officers and They need to be Reminded that the History of "Other" countries Police State ideologies are Not our own , And then they Need to be Reminded of OUR HISTORY and Never Allow themselves to be used as Pawns for a Police State..... I.E. Nazi's.

It used to be like this example I am about to give in this country...

True Story:
In my town where I grew up all of the guy's who built Hot Rods used to street race for a Quarter Mile on the TWO LANE road just outside of town about a mile, one guy had a 409 Chevy that was not beat too often, people came out from all over and people lined the street.
And what makes this TRUE Story make my point real well.....is the fact that all of the surounding Towns had Police that would come out with their hopped up Police Cars and Race the people..!!!!!!!!!
Now Thats The AMERICA I grew Up in and Want Back!
I wish that all of the Old Timers out there would Teach the Rookies in the departments what is crossing the line with Respect to this Beloved Country and what The United States was known for...Freedom!
And my personal opinion is...
A bike traveling at 100 mph colliding with anything is going to equal a dead rider. How about if a car had to stop infront of them? Just acouple weeks ago a guy I knew plowed into a stopped car while traveling 110mph. He couldn't stop fast enough and it cost him his life, it was his decision though and he paid the price. Sadly, the mother and daughter who were in the car didn't survive having the sports bike blasting through their cab either. So tell me, when should the officer respond to this 'crime'? Before or after everybody is dead? Get your head out of your ass. Your want of freedom is putting everybody elses freedom to live at jeapordy. To me, those officers who were racing their cars weren't doing their jobs.

And if the LEO's camera showed him staying behind the bikes until one of them took out a cage, what then?

DAMN!!! "why didn't he hit his lights?"

You can't win with people that don't take responsibility for their actions because its always somebody else's fault.

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 07 2007,06:01)
(WWJD @ Jun. 07 2007,08:59) T I T T T !      Take It To The Track.   I've yet to get any tickets or see any police at the race track.

Track days are WAAAAAAAAAY CHEAPER than tickets or jail time
super.gif

beerchug.gif
The problem with track days is that there aren't enough of them....at least here in Vegas. 3 or 4 times a year just doens't do it for me.

I still don't understand how five bikes doing over 100 mph on a public road cannot be judged as a contest of speed ie racing. Also while most cops don't give cops tickets just wait until your superiors hear about you haulin a$$ and being stopped by another agency. Way worse than a ticket...trust me. I also just don't understand how the cop is to blame for the riders actions. Some cops are traffic cops some are narcotic cops and others are burglary cops. Different officers do different jobs. So cause you see a cop writing a ticket doesn't mean there isn't one working on the drug deals. Open your minds and hopefully you will see the bigger picture.

There are playgrounds for kids, community centers for teens, skateboard parks for kids. How about a track for riders and drivers. Maybe a police course that is shared with the public for riding/driving skills practice and testing. Just a thought.

Wow, I honestly didn't think there would so much division on this one. One thing ringing common among most replies... The use of Racing in this situation is far stretched. All other charges seem legit.

As for big brother, etc.. sure, um ok.

And the Van Camera's and stuff... Well, WA state tried it a few years ago, and the Camera were pulled "violation of privacy" or something like that. Then I moved to Hawaii in 02', they brought in the Van Cam's, wrote an arseload of tickets in a matter of days, it too went to court and Van Cam's were determined to be a violation of privacy.

(Kweave @ Jun. 06 2007,21:02)
Some of you guys are idiots!.
I am a cop who for 12 years worked Traffic Homcide. In that time I worked over 350 fatalities.
Guess who has to go tell the families that their loved one was killed doing something stupid?[/Quote]

That's what we (our taxes) pay you to do. It's your job, if you don't like it leave.

If I am caught acting stupid I expect to pay a higher price than most on this board i.e my job of 18 years.[/Quote]

HAHAHAHA! We all know about the "professional courtesy" clause. Every so often a <s>hypocrite</s> cop will flat out admit to it. The excuse usually goes along the lines of "I may need that officer to cover my back one day".

If you want to cut up, fine, but dont blame the police for ding what he is paid to do, protect the citizens of his jurisdiction and maintain the quality of life in the communities.[/Quote]

Yeah like having blue neon lights on at a bike show in a private parking lot or not wearing a seat belt. Please protect me ossifer! You need to protect me from myself cause I don't know what's good for me.
all_coholic.gif

better yet-fine me for not wearing my seat belt in my own vehicle-cuz thats not MY personal property that I PAID FOR
all_coholic.gif

I just heard a tale told by an ex-LEO about a local officer who got LOADED, was being given a ride home by other LEOs and had one driving HIS car home for him-the loser cop was so drunk he got in a fight with officer driving the squad he was sitn in back of-caused the cop driving the squad to hit another car-guess who's
all_coholic.gif
yea, they said that the DRUNK OFF-DUTY COP had "fallen asleep at the wheel" in his ride n hit the squad....dont try to feed us any more BS about how Cops 'arent above the law'....WTF ever, please!
all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

all_coholic.gif

(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 07 2007,21:15) That's what we (our taxes) pay you to do.  It's your job, if you don't like it leave.

But that is just it. You bitch that cops are hassling you yet you don't think of what you are doing and the dangers you are putting yourself, your family, and those around you in. That is why laws were put into place, to protect people...not so that you'd have a list to choose from of what pertained to you and what you felt shouldn't.

(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 07 2007,21:15) HAHAHAHA!  We all know about the "professional courtesy" clause.  Every so often a <s>hypocrite</s> cop will flat out admit to it.  The excuse usually goes along the lines of "I may need that officer to cover my back one day".

Yeah, I'll full out admit to it. You'll never understand until you are standing in the officer's shoes. It's odd how you are willing to cut slack to a person you know is on your side and has your back while the rest of the world would rather stick a knife in it for the sole reason that you are a cop...no other reason, just cuz ya have authority and everybody seems to think 'the man' is holdin them down. Oh and when you get pulled over for speeding, you get a ticket that you can fight in court. When an officer gets pulled over, it can cost him his job if his supervisor gets wind of it and he doesn't get to fight it. Who do you think is getting the better deal?

(Turbo-Torch @ Jun. 07 2007,21:15) Yeah like having blue neon lights on at a bike show in a private parking lot or not wearing a seat belt.  Please protect me ossifer!  You need to protect me from myself cause I don't know what's good for me.  
all_coholic.gif

Obviously not. I have found over the years that people that hate officers usually blaim the officer for their own mistake and then try to justify it by bringing up little stuff like this. Breaking the law is breaking the law and if you get caught; Grow some balls and fess up to the fact.

Oh and something everybody might want to take into consideration. How big of a problem is street racing in the area? They might be coming down hard with this Racing violation as a means to try and scare away people who are thinking of trying it.

I guess I am confused, because I counted 6 bikes. Was one of them not pulled over, or was he an innocent rider that happened to get in the picture?

Were these guys wrong?
Of course they were. They broke several laws and it was caught on tape.

Guess what though, there was no, none, not a single bit of racing going on there. If that's what they were busted for they will get off with a good lawyer. If they were busted for exhibition of speed, dangerous and wreckless driving, and speeding then they have been busted and will definitely pay the price.

Ok I am gonna have to stick my .02 in here. Falcon you are one truthful man. I beleive in mostly what you have said here. My only thing is Lets start enforcing the existing laws that we have rather than make up new ones. i.e. Must have hands free device. How about obstruction of traffic. i mean we already had the law. If someone is swerving on the road trying to send a text message than get him for obstruction of traffic. Quit wasting my valuable tax dollars on crappy new laws that no one gives a rats a@@ about anyways.

The only thing I have against LEO's is: I was riding my bike down I-88 3 squads obviously with an intoxicated driver are on the side of the road. It was prolly about 2:30 a.m. I get over to the far left lane the furthest away from the officers. I am on a 93 GSXR 1100 with a passenger on the back. my speedo read 80 mph. I know Iknow speed limit is 55. Anyways officer friendly jumps into his car and runs me down. I pull over and right away he acuses me of doing in excess of 100. I am like no way bro 80 yes 100 no. He then reads me this riot act and when I ask him if i could see the radar he says his buddies car had me doin over 100. So at this point i know I am not gonna win. I have a CDL so for those of you that know I cannot cause to much grief cause I have a job to worry about. This jackass comes back to me and starts accusing me of doin 140 mph. i told him if I was doin a buck forty I would be in Dekalb by now. Needless to say dipshit says he is cutting a break and writes me for 110 in a 55. Thanks jackass still cost me 1500 with all fees paid. And then to make matters worse i go to court and of course this is right after this idiot does 160 on Lake Shore Drive on a cbr 600. So needless to say the judge wanted to make an example out of me. It sucked that. This is why I do not care much for Law enforcement. I would have gladly taken an 80 in a 55 ticket and been on my way.

Bigmanz. You say be a man and fess up to it well maybe cops should be men and fess up to it. I mean I stand a chance of losing my job which in this area a truck driver pays a hell of a lot better salary than a cop. So i think that it is an inferiority(sp?) complex i mean seriously google this. Something like 67% of all cops have a complex like this. And they give these guys guns? The choice to take life. SOme kid that got beat up and stuffed into a locker in 7th grade now can make a decision to take my life. Thats scary.

(Deej @ Jun. 08 2007,00:40) I guess I am confused, because I counted 6 bikes. Was one of them not pulled over, or was he an innocent rider that happened to get in the picture?
The sixth bike was prolly a cop. Prolly said he was undercover on the scene.

Fire95Z28 man that is BS. I am pissed about a seatbelt tix last month. If I were you I would be more then pissed. I would probably get carried away.

(Fire95Z28 @ Jun. 07 2007,23:27) Bigmanz. You say be a man and fess up to it well maybe cops should be men and fess up to it. I mean I stand a chance of losing my job which in this area a truck driver pays a hell of a lot better salary than a cop. So i think that it is an inferiority(sp?) complex i mean seriously google this. Something like 67% of all cops have a complex like this. And they give these guys guns? The choice to take life. SOme kid that got beat up and stuffed into a locker in 7th grade now can make a decision to take my life. Thats scary.
That seems normal for your area. Nothing but corrupt cops. You're close enough that you probably heard and read all the news about officer Anthony Abbate?

When a 5' 4" 115 lb waitress refused to serve him any more drinks he decided to lay down a good ass whippin on her. Nobody in the bar stepped in because they were afraid of him.

When his fellow on duty officers arrived professional courtesy took over. Nothing happened to their fellow officer who "might have their back one day". Officers came back later with threats of what would happen if she pressed the issue.

There's more to the story but after time passed a security tape was found that showed the whole incident. All the professional courtesy in the world isn't protecting his ass now.

This shows the mentality of what's out there and why WE need our own personal video cameras. Mount them on the bikes and keep one in the car with a wide view of the speedometer and road.
As pocket size video cameras and cell phone camaras become more and more popular, it's amazing how much <s>corruption </s>professional courtesy we're seeing these days.

We just don't understand...he might have their backs one day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love cops. I think that they are here with mostly good intention.

I admire that.
bowdown.gif

However, my girlfriend likes the uniforms...
guns.gif

Back