Street Race

i Think if you are goin to stunt on the road, find an empty back road or lot. Speeding is on thing, if you own a sportbike, chances are you are going to speed for time to time, but the racing thing is ridiculous, 2 buddies riding over posted is hardly racing. but for you stunters, dont risk other people getting hurt. do you really have a need to prove something to the ladies? are you showing off to make up for something?
rock.gif
SHOCKED.gif

and im not trying to get down on the police i was a peace officer for 10 years and my father is a retired police detective but we think that the departments have become to intwined with politics and it shows in the attitude of some officers

Some of us have Common Sense and some do not, and to those who deserve a ticket so be it.
But in the old days the cops would warn you and say if they catch you again your toast, but these days many cops see it like they are the judge & jury and Above the Citizen like a feudal lord over the serfs................
I cant stand it when some young Rookie Struts around like he is the Top Dog here to herd the sheeple!.............that is Nazi Like!

(ozz @ Jun. 06 2007,22:15) and im not trying to get down on the police     i was a peace officer for 10 years and my father is a retired police detective but we think that the departments have become to intwined with politics and it shows in the attitude of some officers
Are you saying you would have let these guys go?
rock.gif

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 06 2007,19:22)
(ozz @ Jun. 06 2007,22:15) and im not trying to get down on the police     i was a peace officer for 10 years and my father is a retired police detective but we think that the departments have become to intwined with politics and it shows in the attitude of some officers
Are you saying you would have let these guys go?
rock.gif
no like i said before they deserve two tickets that i can think of but not a street racing beef
wink.gif

I will say a ticket for racing in this case seems to be way stretching it. Reckless driving/ endangering (failure to signal lane change and wheelies with speed involved). If in fact their speed was +20mph over posted limit, then felony speeding too. But racing, I dont buy it.

As for the feudal nazi like state etc.. Falcon, I think your reading way too much into this as well.

To ignore there was traffic, changing lanes while wheelie'ing and w/o signal in front of a car, is endangering the public. Just like they didn't notice the unmarked, they weren't paying enough attn:, and we all bitch about cagers not seeing us, so why do this **** on a bridge, at night, on one wheel w/o a blinker? Stupid. Maybe over board, but if the racing bit stuck, good, maybe they'll think twice next time. It only takes that unforeseen obstacle, sand, chunk in the road etc. and the biker wipes out, causing the car to crush him and possibly send the car over the bridge or into another car etc... trying to defend their actions, or deny the right of the LEO is borderline insane.... and some of the comments smell of conspiracy theory/paranoia issues.

Charlie

Guys, i think my point was missed by some here

I'm NOT saying they don't deserve tickets. they do. the wheelie while changing lanes = reckelss driving, I'm cool with all that. what i was getting at was the racing part. i didn't see any racing. I agree that street racing can be dangerous to the racers and other trafic. I'm not bashing LEOs for doing their job.

I'm more concerned with the growing problem, at least localy of police righting people up for racing when they are just riding side by side etc. it's been happening alot. I have 2 fiends (Father and son) going across the same bridge 2 months ago. they said they we're doing 85-90ish. both are waiting court dates for racing ATM. this is the problem i have, not that they got stopped, and got tickets.

(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 06 2007,20:58)
rant.gif
The number of people that seem to think riding like this should go unpunished amazes me.  This kind of behavior only serves to make the public and the police assume all sport bike riders are hazardous nut cases.

JMHO
rant.gif
+1 ... Don you are absolutely right!
beerchug.gif

rant.gif

What racing
rock.gif

Take the wheelies and stunts to the country with one around to hurt other than your self.
Too many cars around for that crap.Hell one car is too many!!!
Running high speeds around cages is insane!!!!Ride like ya got some sense,especially in the city.Punks like the wheelie boy is stupid for his choice of where to stunt.

(Learjett @ Jun. 06 2007,23:28)
(Rayabusa0818 @ Jun. 06 2007,20:58)
rant.gif
The number of people that seem to think riding like this should go unpunished amazes me.  This kind of behavior only serves to make the public and the police assume all sport bike riders are hazardous nut cases.

JMHO
rant.gif
+1 ... Don you are absolutely right!  
beerchug.gif
+2

rant.gif

Some of you guys are idiots!.
I am a cop who for 12 years worked Traffic Homcide. In that time I worked over 350 fatalities.
Guess who has to go tell the families that their loved one was killed doing something stupid?
I ride a Busa, most of the time 90% responsibly. If I am caught acting stupid I expect to pay a higher price than most on this board i.e my job of 18 years.

If you want to cut up, fine, but dont blame the police for ding what he is paid to do, protect the citizens of his jurisdiction and maintain the quality of life in the communities.

I think it's only a matter of time before we are all watched 24/7  ...   sigh
sad.gif

We do stupid stuff allmost everytime we leave the drive way.

Busa_upII3.jpg

Just one little side note here that may shed some light regarding my concern, at least, here in Florida, especially in "Big City" areas, there are forces at work within the local government, legislation and so forth, that if you are cited for "street racing" there is a very real potential for your ride gettin laid on its side on the flat bed of a wrecker and carted off to Jim Bob's Towing Lock-up to get tossed, banged, abused, etc...For the most part, it would no longer be your concern since there would be a very slim chance you would get it back...but you will however, get the bill for storage, towing, and oh yeah lets not forget the finance company(if applicable).

I really don't care about the tickets for speedin or careless/wreckless riding, but when the very serious charge of "street racing" was applied to this particular case, I mean come on! Except for the nimrod (s) pullin the minger and changin lanes around the car, are some of you so high up on your electronic thrones that you did'nt see yourself a any of the other three riders that were just ridin, albeit faster than the traffic.

I, for one am not "bashin" the LEO, I am however a realist, I know there are quite a bit of officers that I work with on a daily basis that have no clue about ridin or even give two squirts. That, I am sure is true of just about every agency/department. I am speaking strictly about the racing issue here, which should have not even been a charge.

Ill give way now to the " I am, 96% of the time, the absolute safest, most law abiding rider ever" crowd to vent.
argue.gif
rant.gif
guns.gif
firedevil.gif

Have fun

(CAT3 @ Jun. 06 2007,20:00) As for the feudal nazi like state etc.. Falcon, I think your reading way too much into this as well.  
I know I am being Extreme.........But I am so sick of the way things are these days, The way I see it we will have cameras and speed reading devices EVERYWHERE and R.F.I.D. Tags in our License Plates like in England.
Shoot man look at what their doing to us with this gas tax right now and saying all kinds of lies about the real reasons why gas prices are so high...........I see them trying to Break Americas Backbone "the Middle Class" at every turn these days.
Ask Yourself this Question:
Why is it that 50 Years ago you could buy a home with ONE THOUSAND GOLD COINS and Today it Takes the same amount 1000 Gold Coins Today to buy that same very home............But the 1000 Gold coins was $2000.00 Then and the very same coinstoday cost $200,000.00+ answer= DeValue of our currency & Inflation the hidden tax on us all!
The sleeping masses are chasing their tails to make ends meet and bothmen and women are out working now, 50 years ago mostly just the men worked, and families had more to show for the one incomethan todays families do.
All of this POLICE ACTIONfor this kind of "problem" sportbike hoodlems.......is a joke.
Mr Policeman need to be looking for more serious problems to solve, Terrorist are at large and our borders are wide open for them to come in and the drug smugglers to bring in the dope.................Air America C.I.A. is really behind that and thats why Nothing gets done............Build more Prisons it is the New Economy, police state build up, militarized police forces to be used against U.S. Citizens, Lock Downs at our Schools....I thought LOCK DOWNwas a prison term and action.......................The New America.
And the new target for building up business "the working class"....................

(FalconofFreedom @ Jun. 06 2007,21:38)
(CAT3 @ Jun. 06 2007,20:00) As for the feudal nazi like state etc.. Falcon, I think your reading way too much into this as well.  
I know I am being Extreme.........But I am so sick of the way things are these days, The way I see it we will have cameras and speed reading devices EVERYWHERE and R.F.I.D. Tags in our License Plates like in England.
Shoot man look at what their doing to us with this gas tax right now and saying all kinds of lies about the real reasons why gas prices are so high...........I see them trying to Break Americas Backbone "the Middle Class" at every turn these days.
Ask Yourself this Question:
Why is it that 50 Years ago you could buy a home with ONE THOUSAND GOLD COINS and Today it Takes the same amount 1000 Gold Coins Today to buy that same very home............But the 1000 Gold coins was $2000.00 Then and the very same coinstoday cost $200,000.00+ answer= DeValue of our currency & Inflation the hidden tax on us all!
The sleeping masses are chasing their tails to make ends meet and bothmen and women are out working now, 50 years ago mostly just the men worked, and families had more to show for the one incomethan todays families do.
All of this POLICE ACTIONfor this kind of "problem" sportbike hoodlems.......is a joke.
Mr Policeman need to be looking for more serious problems to solve, Terrorist are at large and our borders are wide open for them to come in and the drug smugglers to bring in the dope.................Air America C.I.A. is really behind that and thats why Nothing gets done............Build more Prisons it is the New Economy, police state build up, militarized police forces to be used against U.S. Citizens, Lock Downs at our Schools....I thought LOCK DOWNwas a prison term and action.......................The New America.
And the new target for building up business "the working class"....................

egitarre77.gif
super.gif
Falcon, you are a helluva dude!

I respect that you speak your mind, and you have made said mind very "original"...You made some sound and well "thought" out points. Keep that free spirit thinkin going man. Just don't send me any letters...or "packages"..aight bro..thanks!
Oh and just in case it matters at some future point, down the road...I am sorry!....just in case, man. LOL
beerchug.gif
poke.gif

tounge.gif
laugh.gif

(HotRod104 @ Jun. 06 2007,23:36) Just one little side note here that may shed some light regarding my concern, at least, here in Florida, especially in "Big City" areas, there are forces at work within the local government, legislation and so forth, that if you are cited for "street racing" there is a very real potential for your ride gettin laid on its side on the flat bed of a wrecker and carted off to Jim Bob's Towing Lock-up to get tossed, banged, abused, etc...For the most part, it would no longer be your concern since there would be a very slim chance you would get it back...but you will however, get the bill for storage, towing, and oh yeah lets not forget the finance company(if applicable).

I really don't care about the tickets for speedin or careless/wreckless riding, but when the very serious charge of "street racing" was applied to this particular case, I mean come on! Except for the nimrod (s) pullin the minger and changin lanes around the car, are some of you so high up on your electronic thrones that you did'nt see yourself a any of the other three riders that were just ridin, albeit faster than the traffic.

I, for one am not "bashin" the LEO, I am however a realist, I know there are quite a bit of officers that I work with on a daily basis that have no clue about ridin or even give two squirts. That, I am sure is true of just about every agency/department. I am speaking strictly about the racing issue here, which should have not even been a charge.

Ill give way now to the " I am, 96% of the time, the absolute safest, most law abiding rider ever" crowd to vent.
argue.gif

rant.gif

guns.gif

firedevil.gif

Have fun
the whole point of piggies givn out these bogus-azz "racing" tickets is to RAISE $-for the lawman's pockets, and the insurance companies.

NO ONE ELSE benefits from those tickets.....i shud know Ive paid several, just because some pissant sherrif sitn on the side of the road would rather pull ME over and write that ticket than actually do his job and go after idiots in junkheaps that arent fit to be driven...because he knows they cant and WONT pay them...but if you're driving a decent car, and you actually spent some $ to make it faster, they figure they can screw you out of some dough because when you show up in court???

its always YOUR word against a COP-and we know who wins that battle.
I have WITNESSED firsthand, FIVE officers LIED OUT THEIR FAT SHORT AZZES just to make a ticket against me stick so i HAD to pay fines....I've never shot anyone, stolen anything, been caught concealing weapons or drugs, not  single DUI/OWI...yet my driving record is so bad from these stupid racing/speeding tickets that I have to go beg a judge TOMORROW to give me more time to come up with FIVE MUTHER****ING THOUSAND DOLLARS for an SR-22 just to get my license re-instated....and yet I know criminals, drug-dealing, gun-toting murderers, are out here on the streets riding around without a care in the world, because these lazy azzhats are too COWARDLY to go after THEM, cuz then they'd have to dodge a bullet to get their paycheck...if they're so f**kin scared, they need to find a new job.

(BigDiesel @ Jun. 06 2007,22:06)
(HotRod104 @ Jun. 06 2007,23:36) Just one little side note here that may shed some light regarding my concern, at least, here in Florida, especially in "Big City" areas, there are forces at work within the local government, legislation and so forth, that if you are cited for "street racing" there is a very real potential for your ride gettin laid on its side on the flat bed of a wrecker and carted off to Jim Bob's Towing Lock-up to get tossed, banged, abused, etc...For the most part, it would no longer be your concern since there would be a very slim chance you would get it back...but you will however, get the bill for storage, towing, and oh yeah lets not forget the finance company(if applicable).

argue.gif

rant.gif

guns.gif

firedevil.gif

Have fun
the whole point of piggies givn out these bogus-azz "racing" tickets is to RAISE $-for the lawman's pockets, and the insurance companies.

NO ONE ELSE benefits from those tickets.....i shud know Ive paid several, just because some pissant sherrif sitn on the side of the road would rather pull ME over and write that ticket than actually do his job and go after idiots in junkheaps that arent fit to be driven...because he knows they cant and WONT pay them...but if you're driving a decent car, and you actually spent some $ to make it faster, they figure they can screw you out of some dough because when you show up in court???

its always YOUR word against a COP-and we know who wins that battle.
I have WITNESSED firsthand, FIVE officers LIED OUT THEIR FAT SHORT AZZES just to make a ticket against me stick so i HAD to pay fines....I've never shot anyone, stolen anything, been caught concealing weapons or drugs, not  single DUI/OWI...yet my driving record is so bad from these stupid racing/speeding tickets that I have to go beg a judge TOMORROW to give me more time to come up with FIVE MUTHERFUCKING THOUSAND DOLLARS for an SR-22 just to get my license re-instated....and yet I know criminals, drug-dealing, gun-toting murderers, are out here on the streets riding around without a care in the world, because these lazy azzhats are too COWARDLY to go after THEM, cuz then they'd have to dodge a bullet to get their paycheck...if they're so f**kin scared, they need to find a new job.
pissed.gif
AAAssjani.gif

Wow dude!
eek2.gif

I dunno what else to say, but..umm. SLOW THE FYUCH DOWN..MAYBE!!!!!!!
poke.gif

Just twistin ya man. G'luck wit ya legal issues.

when I had my accident last year in june on the busa, I was speeding down the street with NO TRAFFIC in front of me-one car was trying to tag along, but really-no car keeps up with a busa.

I flipped my bike moving off from a RED LIGHT-and someone calls Jonny Law to the scene...he shows up, talks to EVERYONE but me FIRST-then asks why I was doing WHEELIES down the street?
guns.gif
I almost punched his azz out right there...when I just responded "I NEVER DID A WHEELIE, SO WHATEVER YOU THINK YOU HEARD WAS A LIE." he went into total bobo mode and started writing tickets....I got hit with reckless driving (even tho he SAW NOTHING, just the word some faggot who "supposedly" witnessed me) and operating W/O a Lic. because I dint have it on me....he even told me I couldnt go to the hospital with my wife, who was bleeding and badly scraped up-I asked how long his "questions" would take n his response was "as long as it takes" - I was balling up a fist and he looked right up in my eyes (cuz he was a short lil c**t like most of the cops here in Milwaukee) and said "you got a problem?" like he was BEGGING me to hit him!!!

Thank god my mom was already there-she saw what was going down and pulled me away from that stupid piece of dogs**t, otherwise I would have laid HIM and his fat, old, lazy-azz partner BOTH OUT
guns.gif

guns.gif

Back