Still working on Deal for a new 2007 Busa..need ad

Just my opinion but when the '08 drops a lot of people are going to be looking to get out of their busa's including dealerships, (as long as all the rumors are true) I would wait and either get the '08 or steal the '07 for a lot less in 6 or 8 weeks. But if your heart is set on making the deal now bluff the salesman and tell him that your going to wait for the '08 he'll either try and talk you out of waiting with stupid reasons or cut you a better deal. I think first service thrown in should be a given either way. But Im a sick individual that likes beating up salesmen on anything I buy.

ARS Powersports in Okeechobee, Fl you can get them for $10,200 OTD with tax,tag, and title. Tax I believe is 7% also.

(beaquel @ May 30 2007,20:23) I'm sure every state is different when it comes to sales tax, licensing, and other fees, but I live in Missouri.  I have never heard of anyone getting an OTD price that actually included sales tax.  I wonder if that's just peculiar to Missouri, or maybe I'm just oblivious to getting a better deal.  My OTD price was about $700 off MSRP, but that did not include sales tax.  Every time I've bought a bike, you were always made to feel like you were on your own with sales tax.  Maybe I'm missing out.
How can a price be out the door if it doesn't include tax? Out the door means every dollar you paid to get the bike out the door of the dealership.

-Chris

Because in missouri, you have to pay the tax at the tax office in 20 or 30 days. Lived in STL for about 10 years. Funny how they do things. Here in Tx and many other places, the tax is figured in. Not there. If you buy a new car or truck, you better have another 1-2 thousand in your pocket for the tax man!

Thanks for all the replies. I have been waiting for a while. It is sooooo hard to wait longer lol. I appreciate all the input. It is a hard decision. I think they might be a little higher because they are including the interest they have paid on their floorplan.

And newmill, I am not in the Air Force but I was in the Army. I am an engineer at Sprint now, hence the name Wirles ("wireless" is always taken). This is my home town, my grandfather retired here and my other grandparents all worked on the base. But lived all over the country including California (San Diego and 29 Palms).

Thanks again,

Bill

ps I am not sure what i am going to do. I am so ready to ride again. I have been without a bike since 1998.
brave.gif

(wirles @ May 30 2007,22:16) Thanks for all the replies.  I have been waiting for a while.  It is sooooo hard to wait longer lol.  I appreciate all the input.  It is a hard decision.  I think they might be a little higher because they are including the interest they have paid on their floorplan.  

And newmill, I am not in the Air Force but I was in the Army.  I am an engineer at Sprint now, hence the name Wirles ("wireless" is always taken).  This is my home town, my grandfather retired here and my other grandparents all worked on the base.  But lived all over the country including California (San Diego and 29 Palms).

Thanks again,

Bill

ps  I am not sure what i am going to do.  I am so ready to ride again.  I have been without a bike since 1998.  
brave.gif
Bill, I would beat them up for some more cash off too. Can't hurt! My dad lives just down the road from you in Vienna, Ga. I will be riding down that way before too long.

I bought a new 07 in Ok. for $9511 out the door. The bike was $9499 and $12 paper work fee. Tag ,title and tax will be about $500.

Well after more dealing, I got them down to 10700 and the first service is basically free labor. I checked aroud to several dealers and the average OTD price was around 10,600. I think I could have gotten one a little cheaper If I traveled out of Georgia, but I calculated 75-100 dollars per 100 miles I would have to drive to pick up the bike. I decided to put down a small deposit to hold the bike and finish up my mortgage next week. So I think I will be riding sometime between now and June 12th. I AM SOOOOOO READY!!!!!!!
jump9.gif

Thanks again,

Bill

PS... GSXcite let me know when you come down, and maybe we can get together for a little riding and food.

(wirles @ Jun. 01 2007,07:19) Well after more dealing, I got them down to 10700 and the first service is basically free labor.  I checked aroud to several dealers and the average OTD price was around 10,600.  I think I could have gotten one a little cheaper  If I traveled out of Georgia, but I calculated 75-100 dollars per 100 miles I would have to drive to  pick up the bike.  I decided to put down a small deposit to hold the bike and finish up my mortgage next week.  So I think I will be riding sometime between now and June 12th.  I AM SOOOOOO READY!!!!!!!
jump9.gif

Thanks again,

Bill

PS... GSXcite let me know when you come down, and maybe we can get together for a little riding and food.
Will do Bill, would love to meet you and do some riding.

I got mine in 03 for $9,999 out the door (tax title and license) cause i refused to put a dime down and the bank doesn't require full coverage insurance on any loan under $10k. The dealer did take a while (over a month) to decide to do the deal and then was put out that i didn't use there financing or purchase and extended service policy.

Don't worry about paying extra to cover their floor plan, I sold cars for two years and the dealer knows they need to move out older inventory and should discount it instead of raising the price to recoup losses.

i live in macon are u dealing with town and country or icc. i would get it. then there would be another happy busa owner.
beerchug.gif

That's a great deal first service runs 130 to 200, so you end up paying a flat 10K for a great bike. Make sure you get 15 to 20 % off that new helmet too.
SHOCKED.gif

"To cover their floorplan" what is wrong with people today, my dealer tried to pull the same crap, I told them fine I was on my way out the door to another dealer with $100.00 bills in hand. they changed their tune before I hit the welcome mat! Then, I got all mesmerized by the bike and paid way too much for my helmet, oh well, what are you gonna do!
beerchug.gif
all_coholic.gif

I can get you one for $8700 OTD. You pay taxes when you get home.

Man I wish I lived in Houston. Thanks for the offer on the OTD price tedbiele, but I know it would cost me some more to come get it. I do want to try and support the local shops. I just don't want to support them all in new Ferrari's.
crazy.gif
I am an old fashioned southern fella too. pretty much when I shake hands on a deal it is done. And I did shake hands with them. I look forward to seeing everyone. I am going to try to come up for the next get together. Anyway, I can't wait to go pick up the bike and do the reflector mod hehe.

Bill

I just bought my 07 for $9,900 plus tax title and all that.
Just for measure. I'm in CT and I bought it from a friend who owns a dealer. He said it was $500 over cost.

Back