New Busa Owner

Congrats on the new bike and welcome to the board. You've always got us to turn to if others think you are weird!

Welcome ! Treat her nice and she will always put out for you ! I mean the bike !! What were you thinking ?

hey thats the first step. "I'm a busa-aholic" and are powerless over your addiction. hehe Congrats on the new 05, and welcome to the message board!
wink.gif

Completely normal, my wife wondered what was going on when she would wake up in the middle of the night and find me in the garage sleeping next to my Busa with my hand gently laying on her... have had the bike for approx 8 months and still do it.. love and her and treat her right and she will return it all 100 fold.. welcome.

This is Normal behavior for the first few months of your new relationship . I've had mine almost 6 months and you can find me in the wee hours of the morning lavishing attention on her . As in any new reationship you will find yourself buying her expensive presents and taking her everywhere showing her off , thats okay cause she puts out... .OH does she put out . And she will never get old and ugly . With care she will always remain beautiful. Congraulation That is one Gorgeous Machine.

Welcome to the board and congrats. I have the same exact '05 too!!!! Good color bro. Break her in Soon and treat her nice. I've got 1200 miles on her now and there's nothing quite like it when you open it up (esp in the 8500+ RPM range). I've already raced a Porsche Carrera (the old fool thought he could take me) and I smoked his a$$...I was barely even trying. I just saw those 2 headlights getting smaller and smaller in my rearview.

Be careful though b/c you'll be breaking the speedlimit without even knowing it. Seems like most people measure quickness in 0-60 mph starts. The busa measures it 0-100 in oh, 'bout 4 seconds.
devil.gif
ENJOY!!!

Hugging the Busa? Shouldn't be too alarming...I believe it's when you start kissing it that there may be some issues!  
tounge.gif

Congrats...looks nice!  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|VaBusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104169458 -->

Nice Ride Man! And I see you are a fellow Washingtonean in Monroe? Not a good time of year around here for a new bike. However, we do have a couple of good days this week. I hope you get your new toy out for a little play time. Whatever you do, don't keep the front tire on the ground all the time :-)

Nice bike! Congrats and welcome. We all have problems keeping our hands and eyes off our Busas. I fondle mine every time a get a chance:D

I finaly registered a week ago even though I've been reading the forums on almoust everyday basis for last three months.  Today I picked up an 05 in Black/Dark Silver ($10,900 OTD) and I am still thinking that an alarm clock is gonna go off, and the sweet dream's gonna be over.  I keep going to the garage every 15 minutes and hugging her (is this normal behaviour or should I seek professional help).

Thanks to all of you for great advice, stories and photos.
No professional help needed seems to me the bonding process between you and your new baby is going fine
smile.gif
Remember after you hug her all night she's gona be fired up so each day you must MOUNT her and take her for the ride she deserves! Congrats on your bike I'm sure you will love havin' her !

Nice choice of colors.
I bought my 05 a month ago in the same color scheme, but there is no riding up here for another 3 months, so it is sitting in it's crate at the dealers.

Nice choice of colors.
I bought my 05 a month ago in the same color scheme, but there is no riding up here for another 3 months, so it is sitting in it's crate at the dealers.
now that is something I just could not do.
I would Bring it home uncrate it and tinker with the beast. Never know when that sunny day comes along and it will probably be a Sunday when the dealership is closed. Remove the stickers, tighten everything down, etc etc etc.......
Bring that thing HOME!!!!

Congratulations, I just got my 05 blue & silver the other day I love it.

Well Merry Christmas to you, super hot bike you have there, I am loving mine...Since it is winter I have a few mods going on. Handle bar grips, fork sliders, lights, and wind screen, I will get some pictures up when I am done.

Back