New busa owner had his bike stolen

Glockworkorang3

Registered
Hello Everyone,

I've been checking out this forum here and there to get information and tips on everything busa. But let me tell you my story about my busa.

On may 29th 20012 I bought a 2006 Busa from my local dealer and got a great deal this bike had 41 miles on it (yep 41 original miles) I then over the period of 5 weeks put $1300 more into accessories and on June 29th after I put 2000 miles 0n it I woke up to find my bike was stolen.
I don't have a garage, but i did have a fenced yard,dog,lights, and three other family members own houses on same block, its a nice neighborhood. The bike was behind the house covered up and locked up. Now i never thought in my wildest dreams my bike would be stolen But i was careless.
all i found on the ground was a wire harness fastner and my broken gear shifter and my gate was open.

Getting another bike but could use some advice on secure it at the house like chains or maybe cementing eye bolts ...I will be putting the bike at my friends house at night but if something comes up i need a back up plan.

I'm thinking abut a Alarm/GPS or just sleeping next to it
WHat to you guys/gals recommend?

shoe horn it into the house at all costs!!! handicap doors are wider, plus they will help when you bring those big women home from the bar ;)

sorry to hear bout ur bike bro, bring it in at night alarm it up, a 12 guage locked n loaded ready for anyone even thinking bout scooping up ur bike.

If a thief wants it bad enough and it's not inside, there's not much you can do. I have heard that Lo-Jack is the most effective. I'm really sorry to hear about your Busa. I've been there.......one of the worst feelings. Take a look at that article that others have linked it's an eye opener. Welcome to the .org and good luck!

I use the Pepper 130 security system. He thinks the busa is his!:thumbsup:

busa maint 024.jpg

Thanks for the welcome everyone,
Yea using it as a pillow lol seen a picture like that :)...I'm looking at alarm/proximity w/ remote alerts thats on my list....I'm not sure if wife would be ok with bring in the house (but thats a possiblity she might have to deal with) . I have a friend 3 blocks away with a garage and it has alarm he said i'm more then welcome to use it..thats where it will be for this summer.
I'm looking at building a shed for it next summer idk yet..while i'm at the house i will chain it up (day time),using cut proof chain and eye bolts of some kind which i will cement in the ground/
I live in detroit area , when i had my busa i was hanging out on the strip where cars and bikes group up , now i'm thinking someione in that group spotted my busa and wanted it.. i do want to ride with people even had a few clubs offer to let me come by but now im even more nervous about that.
I'm just stressing anymore

If a thief wants it bad enough and it's not inside, there's not much you can do.

I agree.

Can you build a small shed?
If not then do like others said, put a bigger doorway and door in and then put it inside anytime your not riding it. Build a ramp if you need to.
I know that is easier said then done, but you don't want to go through this again, do you?
If you can't do any of the above, use video cameras made for day/night vision. At least you might find who took it and get justice.

I assume you had insurance, right?

I had a car stolen out of my driveway 20yrs ago on the first night I moved back to Florida.
Was my first new car, an 88 Trans Am. Wasn't happy. Got it back in pieces and felt like I had been raped!
I know how you feel.

What I did was get one of those motion sensing lights at home depot. I removed the light and wired a buzzer onto it, ran the wire into my bedroom and anytime anything came on my driveway I got buzzed awake but nothing happened outside. For about six weeks the neighbors cats kept me sleepless but it finally paid off one night when the buzzer went off. I barely paid attn to it but looked outside anyway. There was three guys in neighbors driveway trying to lift the tool box out of his truck bed. Grabbed my 1911 and went out there. Three guys out and one still in car with door open. I caught them all by surprise. I yelled FREEZE as loud as I could and man it panicked them. They all turned and jumped in the car which came speeding right at me. I leveled the weapon and was fixing to fill the windshield when I saw the driver was just a kid. Like a Hollywood movie I jumped out of the way into the grass and got the plate number. Cops came and found out mom had just reported the car stolen only moments before. I'm sure they didn't get much punishment as all were juveniles but I'm absolutely sure they learned a lesson as I can still to this day see all their eyes wide open looking at my .45 caliber microphone!

Rig something up and wait for them to come back for a second round. :)

As long as it is parked outside it will continue to be stolen. Steering lock, rear disc lock and lojack are the only things that will help. GPS tracking wont work, they will put it in a building asap.

Yes i Agree, no matter what you do if its left outside somebody will steal or attempt to steal it. The only thing worse that your bike getting stolen is waking up to your bike alarm screaming and your bike is laying on its pipe side crushed cause some punk kid panicked and dropped it.:banghead: If you dont have a garage you can always rent a storage space on one of those lots. Most of them have cameras and fences, and should only run you about $50 for a space big enough for a bike. Thats 1 weekend of not going to the bar to keep your bike safe n sound:thumbsup:

I agree with all of you and i'm going to implement alot of the advice recieved from here.I will keep you guys updated as things progress.
Thanks

Back