Attempted Theft of my Busa

dvember

Registered
This morning, I drove the Busa to work, parked in the garage, set the alarm, and walked across the street to work.  I work in downtown Dallas, park in an underground garage, and get to work early.

About an hour later, a co-worker comes over and tells me as he was parking his car, he hears a car alarm go off.  Walking up the ramp, he notices it my Busa that is making all the noise.  He doesn't see anyone around the bike but said there was a car with a loud, thumping stereo driving through.

We walk across the street to check on my bike.  Everything looks normal, but when I disarm the alarm, it gives me two blinks.  I cant remember what each code means so I call Aritronix and they say yes the stereo could have made my alarm go off (vibration) but two blinks is the tilt sensor - which means someone tried to move my bike!

I have an older Scorpio model with the pager system, but it will not go through concrete buildings like underground garages.  So I asked if the new SRi500 system would page me from the garage.  He said it is a much better system, and chances are it would, but depending on interferences in the area, it would have to be tested.

I ordered it on the spot.  I told him I was a member of this board and I even got the group discount.

So watch out fellow riders.  Texas is number 2, behind Florida for the most stolen motorcycles, with Busas being the number one stolen bike.

I just read my post and it is beginning to sound like an ad for alarms. I dont mean it to be.  But I would have been going through the full range of emotions from "raging anger" to "deep dark depression" if my Busa been gone when I got off work to ride home.   That alarm and my friend saved the day.  I am even going to talk to the garage security to see if I can wrap a chain around a concrete pillar to help lock up my bike.

One other thing I use is MasterLock Street Cuffs.  Here is a link. http://www.epinions.com/content_161032146564

Hope this post helps someone keep "the one they love" out of the hands of a thief

yeah man no doubt. I learned the codes on the spot in 1 day and even do a run through on which button does what, and how to arm/disarm and engauge anti hijack periodically. Because those times you need to know what to do etc. But I think it saved mine wednesday night. Came home from the meet in Houston at 11.30 I had to get up at 6am, and I had a perimeter alert at 1:49am so its possible I bet :-)

I can leave my pager on the computer desk etc and fall asleep in my room, and I can hear that pager going off as soon as it does and I get out of bed. I use a key hook and hook it above my head on the wall at night so it can buzz against the wall and beep etc. but I wake up to that #### whereever its at, you have to.

You know guys that bike is worth it, but I think this is the definition of "high maintenance". It is good to know the alarm does work as expected.

Next mod on the list?
rock.gif
It should be the first mod on a Busa!

It's the Ferrari of motorcycles! Fast and highly desired by many!

I just got the 500 model and am installing it now... let me tell ya, I feel better already and its not even fully installed yet
blush.gif

I just couldnt imagine going on this trip to Cyclefest without it.... and its just going to add to the peace of mind when I do actually ride it to some places that I have stayed away from in the past
cool.gif

Glad to see she was still there.

I didn't know we get discounts on Scorpions. What is our price vs. regular price? Reguardless I need to invest in one ASAP.

The alarm should come with a hidden 9MM mount and that shoots whoever tries to #### with your bike. That way you come back to your bike and REALLY know the Scorp did it's job.......for some reason.....and probably a good one.....I'd just assume any fuckhole who tries to steal someone else's beloved bike......be shot on site.....I sure as hell wouldn't lose any sleep...
evil.gif

Back