Deal or No Deal?

The_Hulk

Registered
My wife surprised me with a 08 ZX6R. I like it simply for the fact that she purchased it for me, but in all honesty the bike does nothing for me.
I was talking to one of the parts guys at the shop where she purchased the bike and he was asking how I liked it, so I gave him my honest opinion. During the conversation he makes a mention that he wishes that he had known we were in the market for a bike, because he has one he is trying to sell. He tells me that he has a 06 LE Hayabusa, with a 530 kit, full yoshimura single-sided exhaust system, and power commander with roughly 16,000 miles on it. The conversation went on but to get to the point he suggested we just do a straight trade on bikes. I was skeptical at first but he invited me over to take it for a ride and even offered to let me ride it over the weekend on a run we are doing so I can make sure everything is up to snuff. The problem here is that both bikes are financed he owes like 9,000 (which is just 800 more than owed on the 6) on the busa, but the kicker is his payments are like 300+ a month with 15-17% interest on the bike. Do you guys think this is a good idea not only that but how would the issue of the titles work out since neither party has one in hand? We considered having a contract drawn up and notarized but that still depends on the other party involved sending over the title once the bike is paid off.

Many issues here. You can not change names on a title with a lien. I guess u could involve the lenders but i'm sure they would have to check both of your credit scores and he may have bad credit hindering you two from swapping. I don't know how that would work. I heard those 08 zx10's were awesome. If you like them 2 exchanging the bike your wife bought you for a zx10 at the same shop I am sure would be much easier. Those tens are wicked fast!!!

1st - What a great wife!

2nd - I'd say no deal. Sounds like he owes toooo much.

I would say no deal as well enjoy the ZX6 it is a great bike and not to mention if you traded how would that make your better half feel Bro I am sure she was only thinking about what you may like :thumbsup: You can get a Busa later

No deal, you would be losing on both sides! i'm trying to unload an o6 and won't be able to get more then 7.5k for it.

Awesome wife, enjoy both rides as they are :beerchug:

Back