Need advice - Purchase gone bad

Does seller whom you said is a member here know of this thread ?
Neither you nor anyone here has said anything really bad about him .
I would be interested to see a post from him
'splainin himself'

Well I read the whole thread and the guys have given you a lot of good advice and it looks like you might have some help coming with the title search on Carfax, etc.
Another thing you could try is go to the inspection station and talk to the man in charge and explain your situation. In Ohio you can get inspected by the state patrol, or certain dealers. Learn as much as you can about the process of getting your baby titled. You've got some options, so don't give up.
My Busa was sold to me by a guy In Michigan and he had a clean Florida title, but I STILL had a lot of hoops to jump thru to get it titled here in Ohio. They don't make it easy.
Good luck and we're all here to help if we can.

One thing doesn't make sense..

You said he's helping gather receipts to show where the bike was fixed. Which mean's the bike was broken, hence the salvage title? But if you bought it from AR and you spoke with AR DMV who says title was clear, then keep following the paper trail. Good luck, and at this point you might want to speak with a lawyer to find out what your best options are.

He might have had a clear title. Then wrecked the bike, and fixed it and sold it to you. Therefore his title would still show clear right? And the VIN would be on record as a salvage...

This sounds like a pretty likely scenario. If he wrecked it, bought back from the insurance company it could have never been re-titled. Especially if it wasn't tagged when you bought it?? Was it?

However the insurance company would have sent the info to the state for total loss, for it to come back salvaged means at some point it was fixed, inspected, then re-titled.

So, he either fixed it, didn't have it inspected, and sold it with the 'clean' title, and you can't tag it because it hasn't even been re-titled as 'salvaged (which usually isn't too big a deal to tag)' so it would still be on record as a total loss, parts only vehicle, and not roadworthy before an inspection / proof of rebuild.

Or, he fixed it, got the new salvaged title, and sold it using the old title he still had from when it was 'clean'

Either way I'd seriously begin questioning how much respect this guy deserves. If the problem was from the owner prior to him, this all should have come up when HE tried to tag the bike... NOT YOU.

And if he's comming up with all these reciepts from when it was wrecked, knew it was wrecked, obviously would have known it was rebuilt... salvaged, then tells you it's clean.

I'd have his 'head on a stick' so to speak.

Good luck.

Last edited:
I do not know anyone involved in this I am just trying to see both sides of the story. A similar issue happened to me with a car. Bought it as is got it home and it was using water took it back after some words back and forth they said nothing was wrong and it was as is so no warranty. Needless to say I was a little hot and words were thrown back and forth the sales man just stormed off and the owner was ready to hit me but in the end I still have the car I just had to fix it. Good luck in what ever you deside, don't let this ordeal change the way you feel about Hayabusa's they are great and beautiful machines :thumbsup:

We are talking about title issues here, not the bike itself.
:laugh:Right train but wrong track.

let_the_buyer_beware_455615.jpg

If the bike look's nice, run's nice and don't look like it was hacked together I would deal with getting it regestered and live with it. I put over 30K on my rebuilt 04 with no problem's since I put it together. I wouldn't be scared to ask 6K for my bike rebuilt or not.

Yep! If he had the title in hand, there was no lean on it. So he's blowing smoke on where the money really went.

That's not true in every state. In Missouri the bank cannot hold the title. The lean is registered and the title sent to the owner. I don't know about the state it came from.

The sad part in all of this is the bike. Poor little bike is so seasoned that it was probably totaled for something minor.,Plastics and such. No real mechanical or structural damage
Posted via Mobile Device

If you get a cash loan from a Credit Union, then go buy the bike with the cash you will get the title (well that's how it was with me).

A reason for buying through ebay instead of offline after the auction ends:
Situations for Which Protection is Offered

VPP offers protection only for losses associated with eligible transactions for qualifying vehicles in the following situations:
1.You pay for a vehicle and never receive it.

2.You send a refundable deposit for a vehicle and never receive it.

3.You pay for a vehicle and receive it but suffer losses because:
1.The vehicle was determined by a law enforcement agency to have been stolen at the time of the end of the listing.
2.The vehicle has an undisclosed or unknown lien against its title.
3.The vehicle make, model or year is different than what was described in the seller's listing at the time you placed your bid or offer.
4.A title is required for the vehicle by your state and the seller's state but you did not receive a title from the seller and it is not possible to obtain a title from the appropriate DMV.
5.The vehicle has a title with an undisclosed salvage, rebuilt/rebuildable, unrebuildable, reconstructed, scrapped/destroyed, junk, lemon, manufacturer buyback, or water damage brand at the time of the end of the listing. (This protection is not available for vehicles listed in the Dune Buggies, Race Cars or Trailers categories.)
6.The vehicle is less than 20 years old and has more than a 5,000 mile odometer discrepancy from the mileage as stated in the seller's listing. (This protection is only available for vehicles listed in the Cars & Trucks and RVs & Campers categories.)

In addition, the VPP also provides protection against certain undisclosed damage for vehicles that are less than 10 years old:

7.The vehicle had undisclosed engine, body, transmission, and/or frame damage at the time of purchase that will cost more than $1,000 to repair. The cost of repair to any one of those components must exceed $1,000. For vehicles in the Boats (engine and hull only), Buses, Commercial Trucks, and RVs & Campers categories, the cost of the undisclosed engine, body, transmission, or frame damage must exceed $1,500. Race Cars are not eligible for this protection. Vehicles that are subject to a recall for this type of damage are not eligible for VPP.

Yep! If he had the title in hand, there was no lean on it. So he's blowing smoke on where the money really went.

I would straight up tell him to give me my money back or see him in court. The bike was advertised AND sold as a CLEAR TITLE vehicle. Anything else is a breach of contract/sale agreement. Call a lawyer but I'd be willing to bet he either returns your money or faces the penalties. I hope you have a bill of sale or copy of the ebay/craigslist add stating everything you were told?

If the seller really didn't know, then he needs to go after the person that sold him the bike for the difference you may feel you are owed (if you even keep the bike).

This is a prime example of why I don't like buying used bikes. You never know 100% the history on the vehicle regardless of how much homework you do.... :(

Not true many states issue title whether or not there is a lien or loan on it still.

The part about it being advertised as clean with clear title I agree with.
It is and was his responsibility to produce a clean bike. Now that $ has changed hands your only recourse if hes not willing to refund your $ is legal action.

I'm pretty sure I know who the seller is. In the ebay pictures, the brake lever is broken and the bar end is missing.

Interesting recent 4 ebay purchases. Not that it proves anything...

busagraphics ( Feedback Score Of 772) Jun-28-10 03:15
Hayabusa Kanji graphics stickers decals gsx1300r 99-07 (#160341080584)

id luckybike-accessories ( Feedback Score Of 54350) Jun-23-10 18:31
Suzuki GSXR 1300 Brake Clutch Levers Hayabusa Black (#350367313700) --

Member id jws_cycles ( Feedback Score Of 4130) Apr-21-10 18:37
Hayabusa Busa GSXR1300 1300 Rear Tail Fairing Plastic (#120552891468) --

id depew_industries ( Feedback Score Of 1256) Apr-11-10 16:45
Suzuki Hayabusa Busa Handlebar Front Lowering 1" risers (#230366685681) --

I'm pretty sure I know who the seller is. In the ebay pictures, the brake lever is broken and the bar end is missing.

Interesting recent 4 ebay purchases. Not that it proves anything...

busagraphics ( Feedback Score Of 772) Jun-28-10 03:15
Hayabusa Kanji graphics stickers decals gsx1300r 99-07 (#160341080584)

id luckybike-accessories ( Feedback Score Of 54350) Jun-23-10 18:31
Suzuki GSXR 1300 Brake Clutch Levers Hayabusa Black (#350367313700) --

Member id jws_cycles ( Feedback Score Of 4130) Apr-21-10 18:37
Hayabusa Busa GSXR1300 1300 Rear Tail Fairing Plastic (#120552891468) --

id depew_industries ( Feedback Score Of 1256) Apr-11-10 16:45
Suzuki Hayabusa Busa Handlebar Front Lowering 1" risers (#230366685681) --

I wonder if those are the receipts he has ? and again I say...how would he have receipts to a bike that was fixed......and NOT KNOW it was damaged before ?

Does seller whom you said is a member here know of this thread ?
Neither you nor anyone here has said anything really bad about him .
I would be interested to see a post from him
'splainin himself'

Again Hes a member here right ?
Anyone who knows him should politely ask him to chime in as I would like to hear other side of story even though I have no reason to doubt the side that has already been told.

I wonder if those are the receipts he has ? and again I say...how would he have receipts to a bike that was fixed......and NOT KNOW it was damaged before ?

This list could be to repair damage from a driveway drop, that wouldn't warrant a salvage title.

I know there's no such thing as a "hypothetical bad guy" but I would feel too bad to keep the $$$ if it was me. JMO

Not knocking this guy, he may very well have paid off loan & never known... especially if it was tagged when he got it.

Last edited:
Back