'05 Busa into an '02 Frame - Possible?

busaparts

Registered
Bought a parts Busa that has been rebuilt in perfect running condition, for $2K. Problem is, the insurance company issued a Certificate of Destruction on the title. Now, I've found several sites online that sell 99-07 frames with clean and clear titles. Can I just buy a new frame and move my parts on to that frame, then just title it as the bike and ride it? To be clear, I am not trying to scam anyone, I plan on keeping this bike for a long time, and if I do decide to sell it years from now, I'd be very up front about it.

To the best of my knowledge, it would be a direct swap. There were only a few changes between 99 and 07 and I don't think any of them had to do with the frame, forks or swing arm.

I took it that he wanted to know if he swapped the engine over to the new frame if he'd have any trouble registering it,etc.?If that's the case bro I'd thoroughly check it out with the DMV in your area,you don't want to go through all that swapping stuff over and not be able to register it.

I know Cali is funny abt wanting engine numbers on the titles not sure abt anywhere else.
Most states as long as he has a clean title it will not be a problem.

Back