State Farm experience

State Farm here in Vegas is the cheapest I could find. I'm paying $900 a year for full coverage, the others wanted anywhere from $3200 - $3900 a year :moon: State Farm is the only insurance I have found that doesn't consider the kind of bike but rather goes strictly off the CC's. I am also an Motorcycle Instructor with a clean driving record and SF doesn't give discounts for that and even with the discounts from other company's they can't touch SF. Just some info I thought I'd throw out there.

I've had state farm since last year in March. Started out with $32/month with my zx6r. When I got my busa it went up to $38, then $42 and now on my renewal $49. No tickets, no issues. Wonder why and I'm about to call them today to find out. Still cheaper than any other quote I had got. Progressive quoted me $70/month last year.

I took my bike insurance with State Farm, as they quoted me the cheapest. Plus they gave me umbrella discount for switching my car insurance from Geico to them and include a home insurance (only $100/year).

First day, picked up my bike from dealer and got into an accident (not at my fault) in 10 minutes. It costed over $4k to replace all plastics (right side and front) and right stand peg. They resolved all paper works pretty quick and issued the check to me immediately. They have been very helpful from the very beginning so far.

USAA was the best until they stopped doing motorcycle insurance. House and cars are still with USAA, my bike is with SF.

Wow, this as an old thread. Since the original post, we moved from AR to NC, gave Allstate the oppportunity to match State Farm, they could not. Now we have three bikes, two cars and house insurance with State Farm. Finally the Busa is fully covered, at the same price as the Harley.

I had a bad experience with State Farm a few years ago when my car was vandalized in front of my home. I had to fight with the adjuster to get the claim settled and felt like I was dealing with a sleazy used car salesman. Having an agent who seemed to care less didn't help either.

Pat

Thats sucks to hear. I have State farm with my B-king and it;s only 580 a year full coverage, $100 comp, and $500 colision. I'm 26 now and was 25 when I started the policy.

the best part about State Farm was that my agent says they don't consider your car tickets when writing the policy, only tickets on motorcycles. So to them I had a perfectl clean record. (never had a bike ticket)

Have to move all my insurance from Allstate to State Farm, house, two cars, two bikes. Were it not for the Busa, Allstate was good, they gave me excellent service. Unfortunately they charge three times for the Busa, what SF charges for ALL my vehicles.

Just checked the policies, exactly the same coverage, just not sure about accident forgiveness.

How is the experience with State Farm after an accident, any experience out there?

SF is the best IMO. I have everything with them and only paid $388.00 a year for my Busa, full coverage.

P.

You older guys are lucky.. I have nothing on my record, and state farm wants 388 or so for a year of liability. They quoted 1600 or so for a year of full coverage with 1k ded... 22 year old homeowner single.. meh

You older guys are lucky.. I have nothing on my record, and state farm wants 388 or so for a year of liability. They quoted 1600 or so for a year of full coverage with 1k ded... 22 year old homeowner single.. meh

your age is the big factor.

yes your age is the huge factor.....sorry bro you are still i the high risk catagory until you are 25...it would help if ya got married:)

the best part about State Farm was that my agent says they don't consider your car tickets when writing the policy, only tickets on motorcycles. So to them I had a perfectl clean record. (never had a bike ticket)

That's not true up here. I have tickets on both car and bike and I could not get ins with SF. This was a friend of a friend and he couldn't even slip me in. Said I missed by one ticket. I guess your only allowed 3 in 3 yrs and I have 4 fml. The ins was the cheapest I could find too.

That's not true up here. I have tickets on both car and bike and I could not get ins with SF. This was a friend of a friend and he couldn't even slip me in. Said I missed by one ticket. I guess your only allowed 3 in 3 yrs and I have 4 fml. The ins was the cheapest I could find too.

When you change over to SF that is the way it is. It is difficult to get on with them if you do have tickets though. After you are with them they do it separately I believe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah he said by August pretty much everything will be off my record then and I can get ins with them. So I just need ins for the summer till then.

I had my 06 Busa stolen 2 weeks ago and im with SF. I had full coverage so im keeping my fingers crossed to see how well they pay up for something new. I have to wait 30 days for SF to total out the bike but im hoping for the best. My only concern is I had close to $3k in upgrades and accessories on the bike so I hope I get something back for them.

Back