State Farm Insurance

dadofthree

Seasoned Beef
Donating Member
Registered
Looking for full coverage on the Busa. State Farm is the cheapest by about $500.00 a year, but.........................

I must insure another vehicle with them because they do not write Motorcycle alone policies, and the bike cannot be "altered"

So all you guys talking about how great state farm is must have stock bikes or you're lying like heck to the agent.
poke.gif

BTW, I'm switching to State Farm because it saves me about 100 bucks a year. I do have, and have had for probably 30 years, my other vehicles insured with them though. Also, I don't need collision so that saves me a bunch right there.
tounge.gif

I have my house, and 2 cars with them also. Been with them for about 15 years. They never asked me about stock or modified??

It runs me alomst $500 for FULL coverage with 100/300 $500 deduct.
Clean record, 40 years old. No other company was even close.

It's just funny I went liability only last year because I own the bike and didn't see the need to pay 1500/yr. for full coverage. Had to many sleepless nights worrying about the Busa getting stolen on trips.

Looks like 568 / yr. perfect record, 47, handsome, i digress. But it just freaked me out about having to have an auto policy with them and no mods.

Don't remember if they asked me or not..But I could see their point, about being altered I guess.. A person can have thousands and thousands in mods and one spill could wreck 'em all. But I bet they'll still cover the base value. But, I got a great deal when I insured my bike and my truck with them and I'm paying less for both vehicles than I did with just my bike with Progressive...WITH MORE COVERAGES  
SHOCKED.gif

guns.gif
Progressive crooks

They never asked me about modifications on the bike, but my agent did say that if I need to have aftermarket stuff covered to let her know and she can add them to my policy. They also didn't ask me to add my cars for the coverage either. I have only my bike covered by them, my cars are with USAA and will stay there. No one under the sun has been able to beat my rates for auto, plus I have been with USAA for about 17 years. I would have my bike with them except they don't cover them anymore, they use Progressive for that
sad.gif
So, I went with State Farm on a recommendation of a buddy. I pay about 650 a year full HIGH coverage on my Busa, not too bad.

Heads up on State farm, I have and still have insurance through them. I was talking to my agent a few weeks ago. He was telling me that State Farm is going to be offering a motorcycle policy starting the 10th of August. I called him back today and my qoute came up to 3300 just on my bike. No tickets claims or anything. They are classing this bike as a high performance bike. luckily he is going to grandfather my old policy and not move it.

(webbashl @ Aug. 24 2007,18:11) Heads up on State farm, I have and still have insurance through them. I was talking to my agent a few weeks ago. He was telling me that State Farm is going to be offering a motorcycle policy starting the 10th of August. I called him back today and my qoute came up to 3300 just on my bike. No tickets claims or anything. They are classing this bike as a high performance bike. luckily he is going to grandfather my old policy and not move it.
What exactly are you talking about? State Farm has always offered a motorcycle policy. Are you saying that they are revamping the policies or something? One reason that State Farm has been cheaper then others is because they only use the engine size to classify the bike, not the type of bike.

The way it was explained to me was any mods done to the bike will not be covered. Not that you can't do any only in the case of the claim the bike will be estimated and repaired as if it were stock. Some other insurance companies will allow you to add any upgrades you want to your policy but it will raise your monthly rates.

altered? when I wrecked my bike they(state farm) accounted for the hindle exhaust that was on it. I didn't even have it claimed with 'em. they just asked me what I had on it for performance parts. (electronics aside, they told me to remove them as they did not add to the value)

(webbashl @ Aug. 24 2007,16:11) Heads up on State farm, I have and still have insurance through them. I was talking to my agent a few weeks ago. He was telling me that State Farm is going to be offering a motorcycle policy starting the 10th of August. I called him back today and my qoute came up to 3300 just on my bike. No tickets claims or anything. They are classing this bike as a high performance bike. luckily he is going to grandfather my old policy and not move it.
Huh? What?

The term used in first post was "altered", you are assuming that means mods, perhaps it is more specific as in altered engine, as in Turbo'd ? That is the only thing my SF agent brought up as a deal breaker. Need to have the term altered defined more clearly.

(HeloMech74 @ Aug. 24 2007,16:25)
(webbashl @ Aug. 24 2007,18:11) Heads up on State farm, I have and still have insurance through them. I was talking to my agent a few weeks ago. He was telling me that State Farm is going to be offering a motorcycle policy starting the 10th of August. I called him back today and my qoute came up to 3300 just on my bike. No tickets claims or anything. They are classing this bike as a high performance bike. luckily he is going to grandfather my old policy and not move it.
What exactly are you talking about? State Farm has always offered a motorcycle policy. Are you saying that they are revamping the policies or something? One reason that State Farm has been cheaper then others is because they only use the engine size to classify the bike, not the type of bike.
Not in NC State Farm hasn't offered a separate Motorcycle policy or any other state that my agent is saying. Both my bikes has been under my auto policies for SF. I went to submit my MSF certificate to get a discount on insurance and I was informed that State Farm was going to be offering a bike policy with upgrades, roadside assistance, etc. But this wasn't suppose to take effect until the 10th of Aug. So when I called back today the rate had change for the Hayabusa to 3300 a year labeled now as a "high performance bike". Swear to you 910-892-3244 you can call him. Check it out yourself from your agent!!

well that would really suck big time.
I just talked to my SF agent this week and he didn't mention it.

When I had a State Farm policy, it was two motorcycles only and they never said a word about any extras.

--Wag--

I went with state farm because they offered me full coverage with a $250 deductible on the busa for $320 a year. They also saved me on my car stuff, so i went ahead and put all my stuff with them - cars, bikes, homeowners, etc.

When my wife got hit a cuiople weeks ago, the woman who hit us was also with state farm, and we got everything settled within a week. I couldn't be happier with them.

And they never said a word to me about mods on the bike, other than turbo or nitrous.

They ask me to add a vehicle.So I switched my truck over.If it wasn't for State Farm I wouldn't own a busa.

Back