Time for Insurance Price Check again...

i called state farm back and they are working me up a quote for my vehicles, ill have to switch to them prolly so that i can insure the busa reasonably

i called state farm back and they are working me up a quote for my vehicles, ill have to switch to them prolly so that i can insure the busa reasonably

They will probably save you money on all of them hopefully.:thumbsup:

Check out Liberty Mutual too. They insure based on CC's not names. My 'Busa was cheaper to insure than my M109R
I pay right around $580 a year with $100 deductibles. 150/300
One bike, 2 cars, home owners, plus a separate million dollar umbrella policy all with Liberty.

35 years old.. Married, no accidents.

well progressive wanted 380 month for insurance on my wifes passat full coverage, and 80 dollars a month for my truck with liability so 460 a month total, state just told me 225 a month full coverage on wifes car and my truck with liability, so they were half as a expensive on the vehicles, they are working on the busa quote now:cheerleader::cheerleader:, i cant figure out why my insurance is so high, im 29 with a clean record

I have personally NEVER heard of anyone getting a good rate from Progressive. I don't get how they are even in business. Does ANYONE shop for insurance, or do they just hear commercials on Speed Channel and assume they are the best/cheapest?
I don't get it...
Insurance is a gamble anyway, why pay more? Even the expensive ones are gonna try to screw you over if you try to use it!
Although, I must admit, Liberty Mutual has been nothing but good to me. I've had a total loss (SV650s) and 4 separate claims (Truck, bike, bike, home owners) all in the same day, and my rates didn't move much at all..

Don't ask about that claim, it involved an F150, my bike, my wifes bike, and the back wall of my garage... :whistle::whistle:

404.70 a year, state farm 30 yr old no tickets for 6 years , but before that a dui and before that really horrible, speeding tickets, reckless, and racing, blah blah blah

Am I the only one here with Met life on my bike?
True they don't insure just motorcycles but if you already have a car with them they can add that to your policy.

I have full coverage with $500 deductible, premiums are $520 a year Medical for diver and passenger ($25,000 each). They have been lowering my premiums every year. Of course being under 35 with a busa they told my agent they would not insure me. Ten minuets of him calling upper management and I got a great policy it helps he has been my agent for 10 years. He really went to bat for me.

Progressive
Right around $1000/yr w/$1000 deduct, full coverage and that's me writing them a check for the whole year. AAA wouldn't insure the bike, it's on the "prohibited list".
I did get a ticket 2 years ago for "Wrongful Turn", I think it is now off my record, as far as insurance is concerned though.

Allstate quoted me $600ish/yr recently though, so might give them a try.

OH YAH 30, MARRIED, HOME OWNER.

I tried Geico a few months back and it was like 1500.00 for the year.. Looks like I should try Allstate,state farm or farmers.. I need something..

Is that quote for 600 full coverage?

2000 'Busa
State Farm, Denver, CO
250k/500k
$500 deductible (both comprehensive and collision)
$192/year = $16/mo
I have other bikes, cars, homeowners and umbrella with them.
Single, 52, unincorporated Douglas County, CO

Its time for me to shop for new insurance too. I've got progressive for both my bike and car - they've been the cheapest (though I regrettably haven't tried state farm) on everything by far.

When I got quotes originally for my bike and my car, no insurance company could touch progressive rates, but this year they are trying to send my 09's rates UP from 1300/yr. I haven't had any accidents/tickets so this perturbs me - hell the whole fact that I pay 1300 a year for insurance perturbs me - honestly thought about not getting the bike because of the insurance coverage. 24, single, no accidents, no tickets, good credit score, and paying out the ass for both bike and car insurance :banghead:

Good lord, I need to shop around as well. I got Geico on my Cobalt, but they are asking outrageous amounts for the Busa. Progressive is better, but still really expensive. I'm going to call State Farm as well.

2008 Hayabusa
State Farm
250k/500k
$500 deductible (both comprehensive and collision)
$223.07/year paid all in full = $19.42/month
SUV, ski boat, homeowners and umbrella policy with them.
Single, Age 32, unincorporated Douglas County, CO

I had Allstate before buying the bike and they quoted me 121.50 a month. I about fell over, so I told the dealership hell no, I am not buying a Busa. The guy said, no offense but that is crap, call state farm. So I humored him and it was like 250 a year for just the bike, so I got quotes on everything else and they were cheaper, so I moved it all to State Farm.

Kevin

I just got my renewal from State Farm, and I thought I would ask whats everyone paying these days?

Mine :

Full coverrage
Bod injury 100K/300K
$1000 deductible

6 mos premium = $223

I had a claim with State Farm once and the service was excellent! The only think they dont offer is medical on Motorcycle policies.

Insurance is simply a racket that makes the insurance companies rich. They depend on the fears of the people to make their profits. I for one don't use insurance.
Sorry could not resist it.???
Regards

Back