Another insurance thread!

greywolf40

Registered
Every few weeks there's an insurance thread on here, and a few people have recommended checking out state farm. I gave them a call and they were 90%+ cheaper than the progressive policy I have. I'm 25, with a good but not perfect driving record, and have an 08 busa. Right now it's $511 a year for liability only with progressive, state farm quoted me at $38 a year, or $360 a year for low deductables on full coverage (progressive was 5k+/year). Needless to say I'm switching, and if you have high premiums I recommend checking them out!

we CAN'T ALL BE WRONG. :poke::whistle:
State Farm is who I have. Saved me about 75% over Geico with better coverage even.

Agreed. State Farm was the lowest I found for a stand alone Motorcycle policy.

Southern California AAA was a bit cheaper to do the renter's insurance, 2 cars and bike as a total over State Farm, so if you're in SoCal and have a car as well, may want to check out AAA too.

Also, I do nto know about everywhere, but here in Wisocnsin, State Farm considers motorcycles a recreational vehicle, so any claims you have DO NOT affect your premiums.
That is another plus in my book. And yes I KNOW THIS FOR FACT. I called and checked and then tested it.

I've said it before: I effing HATE Progressive.

State Farm, baby. I did have a good policy with Farm Bureau a while back but the local agent was a *^%& so I'm back with State Farm.

Glad you took more biz away from Progressive. Did I say I effing HATE those guys?! :D

--Wag--

country insurance and financial are cheap too. i pay 32 a month on my 05 hayabusa le. im 24 with no tickets! when i was 20 i paid 25 and month for a brand new 05 gsxr 1000!! both policies 500 comp and coll. deductibles.

both companies go by cc's not the bike!

country insurance and financial are cheap too. i pay 32 a month on my 05 hayabusa le. im 24 with no tickets! when i was 20 i paid 25 and month for a brand new 05 gsxr 1000!! both policies 500 comp and coll. deductibles.

both companies go by cc's not the bike!

Country is who I've got. I checked them and state farm before buying the Busa, along with progressive who my old bike was with. I had to look at things as a whole because of my homeowners and vehicles.

Country was by far the better price for me. Dropped my homeowners and auto prices by more than what the busa is costing me. Busa is at 476 a year if I remember right. Could be lower but I carry a 250 deductible on both comp and collision as well as higher coverage amounts.

Progressive, they wanted over 1500 a year for 500 deductible and less coverage.

Regardless who you go with, it pays to shop around! :beerchug:

I have progressive and pay 235 a year for comp. state farm wanted 805!!!!!! ANd they told me I had to cover another vehicle that they wouldn't do just my bike, and want 710 every 6 for pl/pd on my '98 Cavalier

Last edited:
kjcili- I hope u never have to make a claim with progressive. Man, I went round and round with them damn ppl. I will also say I f-ing hate sorry s.o.b.

kjcili- I hope u never have to make a claim with progressive. Man, I went round and round with them damn ppl. I will also say I f-ing hate sorry s.o.b.

i have heard those horror stories, so with that respect, i hope you're right.

SHHHH Don't talk to loud, State farm may hear you . I have it with them also and it's the best but don't give them any ideas.???

State Farm here in SC. Knock on wood but I have never had anything but warm happy feelings from them and I have tested the ins on the Busa and my house. They are good folks to deal with. Welcome to the light side of the force young skywalker...

State farm is it. Saved me about 2,300 a year!:cheerleader:

I don't get what i'm missing cuz State Farm just wanted to bend me over and run deep with no vasoline. for that fact, they were the WORST quote i've received.

Back