Insurance Question...

Over_Easy

GEO-STABILIZATION EXPERT
Donating Member
Registered
I'm w/ State Farm for bike and car; FL, 35 years old.

$223.43 every 6 mo. for bike only:
BI...50/100k
Prop...50k
Comp...$500 Ded.
Coll...$500 Ded.

Just dropped C&C to $100 Ded...went to $308.64 every 6 mo...figured this would be the most likely needed and utilized coverage in the future.

QUESTION: Unless you believe you will be the idiot on your bike causing the accident why would you need high BI/Prop. coverage in the 100-500k/100k range?

I had a guy ask me and I said 50-100k/100k and he looked at me like I was crazy...he said I should have 100-300k/100k min.

Maybe he was just mad because I was paying so much less...he was an older gent.

Just got my quote from geico...4264.00 per year
23 years old

no accidents
bare minimums
500 deductables
needless to say..ill be searching

(Slicksnchicks @ Dec. 06 2006,10:15) Just got my quote from geico...4264.00 per year
23 years old

no accidents
bare minimums
500 deductables
Well, if they've seen pics of you on your bike as shown in your avatar, no wonder.

But dayum, GEICO and Progressive are two of the worst...go to SF but you'll have to add your car as well for the better rates?

I was w/ Geico for 5+ years but their moto ins. blows.

I would switch companies to get a good rate on motorcycle insurance.  I really only want the bike covered from theft/damage etc if I crash or someone vandalizes/steals it.  I have great health insurance so thats not a huge concern.  If it was affordable id still go for it.. Looks like ill be stopping by a local state farm agent see what i can do.. I just know im not gonna pay $355.33 a month  for insurance.

(clintr79 @ Dec. 06 2006,10:17) I PAY 38.00 A MONTH FULL COVERAGE ON MY 06 I AM 27
That's really good for full...just curious, you live in more rural PA?

FL has a longer riding season, theft rate, all-around traffic, etc. Doesn't help w/ ins. in general.

(Slicksnchicks @ Dec. 06 2006,10:25) I would switch companies to get a good rate on motorcycle insurance.  I really only want the bike covered from theft/damage etc if I crash or someone vandalizes/steals it.  I have great health insurance so thats not a huge concern.  If it was affordable id still go for it.. Looks like ill be stopping by a local state farm agent see what i can do.. I just know im not gonna pay $355.33 a month  for insurance.
SF usually gets the nod from most members here as having the best rates for coverage. They measure all bikes by CCs only...regardless if it's a Harley cruiser or a Hayabusa...tell them it's 1299cc not 1300
wink.gif

(Slicksnchicks @ Dec. 06 2006,12:15) Just got my quote from geico...4264.00 per year
23 years old

no accidents
bare minimums
500 deductables
State Farm is the only company that insures a busa at a reasonable rate. Take all the busas in the USA... and State Farm probably insures 9 out of every 10.

Progressive and Geico mention "car insurance" in their nifty tv ads... not bikes.

(clintr79 @ Dec. 06 2006,10:38) I LIVE IN SHIPPENSBURG NOT A VERY BIG TOWN AT ALL
race.gif
That always helps...I'm just a few miles away from the county line (Hillsborough-Tampa) which likely saves me about 10+%.

(PaNDeM1C @ Dec. 06 2006,10:30)
(Slicksnchicks @ Dec. 06 2006,12:15) Just got my quote from geico...4264.00 per year
23 years old

no accidents
bare minimums
500 deductables
State Farm is the only company that insures a busa at a reasonable rate. Take all the busas in the USA... and State Farm probably insures 9 out of every 10.

Progressive and Geico mention "car insurance" in their nifty tv ads... not bikes.
DITTO, state farm by far has the cheapest insurance, at least in my area!!!!

(Slicksnchicks @ Dec. 06 2006,10:15) Just got my quote from geico...4264.00 per year
23 years old

no accidents
bare minimums
500 deductables
WTF
poke.gif

23 years old

no accidents
bare minimums
500 deductables

My Allstate agent told me to go with progressive because they specialize in bikes. Liability only $170.00 /year.

(dadofthree @ Dec. 06 2006,17:02)
23 years old

no accidents
bare minimums
500 deductables

My Allstate agent told me to go with progressive because they specialize in bikes. Liability only $170.00 /year.
Comp. and Collision is what are you are likely to use if anything. Go down in gravel/sand, get run off the road, hit an animal, bike gets stolen or knocked over in a parking lot, etc.

You'll almost never need body liability. If you're the idiot on the bike at fault that runs into a car I doubt the people in the car are going to be very hurt unless you really fug up. My BI is 50/100k and Prop. is 50k all for $100 annually.

23 years old

no accidents
bare minimums
500 deductables
Dude their robbing you blind!! I'm with Progressive and paying $1750 yr ( 2 bikes & 1 Car)with 6 speeding tickets, 2 reckless driving(over 100+) 2 illegal use of a lane (ridding on shoulder) With 8 points on my driving record.
You can get better insurance!

As of Dec. 1st all points are dropped from my record. Finally got a clean record!!!!

i dont have em..just wanted a quote...im goin to talk to a state farm agent on saturday locally here...if its the right price im gonna get it..

Back