Insurance

StwBusa

Banned
This seems to have been a hot topic lately...
I keep reading of people who claim they have State Farm Insurance and have full coverage and pay in the region of $400-$600 a yr....

Ok I have Geico and their quote for full coverage is $1700 a yr... So I call Sate Farm.. Full coverage is $1089 every 6 months!!! I am 52 No tix or claims of any sort.... Advanced Rider (MSF) What in the Hell am I doing wrong here??? I live in Texas....Is that it?? Oh and by the way to get my bike insured with State Fram They also insist I insure my car with them!!!!!

I got the same stoy when I called them. I live in Arizona and think it has to do with the state laws of what Full coverage is. Plus in AZ we have a year around riding season so Im sure that has something to do with it too.

I insure my wifes car my truck. her bike and my 08 busa and renters ins.. and only pay like $1,100 a year.. and thats not the high side because i suspend my bike coverage over winter months because i cant and wont ride till the snow is gone and it rains to get the salt off the roads..

Must be because you live in Dallas. I had a busa insured with State Farm for a couple of years before I moved my cars and house to them.

Yes, State Farm will not insure motorcycles alone you must have another policy with them. I assume that why you never see a State Farm m/c comercial. I have house, cars, and bike with them and I pay $558 per year for mc insurance.
Like others have said, there're many factors involved that determine your premium.
Good Luck

dude, im in san antonio, and i'm having the same issues. call dairyland, they are typically pretty cheap. im giving SF one more chance to get me a lower rate, then im switching.

Yes, State Farm will not insure motorcycles alone you must have another policy with them. I assume that why you never see a State Farm m/c comercial. I have house, cars, and bike with them and I pay $558 per year for mc insurance.
Like others have said, there're many factors involved that determine your premium.
Good Luck

i agree that alot depend on region, but state farm will insure a bike without anything else on the policy(s). i live in oklahoma and have state farm for my bike and the savings are way more than any other quote i could get. my cars are thru progressive, because they were cheaper on that end.

in texas progressive is the way to go. way cheaper then state farm.
full insurance for my b-king $738 yr
and just put my truck on progressive too, was paying $448 at state farm every 6 mo, progressive is $325.

In my experience it is cheaper getting quotes online. Some of the bigger companies offer discounts when ordering online, because it is less work for them. But to be safe you could compare quotes online, pick the best offer and try a local agency to see if they can match it or do better.

I recommend this site for online comparing: http://www.quotes-center.com

tried to get a bike quote from state farm on line and couldnt. they wont even quote you bike only insurance.
i dont drive a damn car. stupid insurance company, what about me??

This seems to have been a hot topic lately...
I keep reading of people who claim they have State Farm Insurance and have full coverage and pay in the region of $400-$600 a yr....

Ok I have Geico and their quote for full coverage is $1700 a yr... So I call Sate Farm.. Full coverage is $1089 every 6 months!!! I am 52 No tix or claims of any sort.... Advanced Rider (MSF) What in the Hell am I doing wrong here??? I live in Texas....Is that it?? Oh and by the way to get my bike insured with State Fram They also insist I insure my car with them!!!!!

I have full coverage on busa (with 2 cars and house ins) and i was paying $165.00 per year (for the bike) i think when i looked last night...

if you first insure your car with state farm they usually drop the price on the busa pretty low guess I'll find out when I figure out how to get mine back home. But I still carry I dairyland and it's like $49 a month for full coverage.

Texas is high I dropped state farm for Progressive Ins less than 800 a year for full coverage for an 04 and 57yrs old with a good record

Back