State Farm Insurance

(HeloMech74 @ Aug. 24 2007,18:11) They never asked me about modifications on the bike, but my agent did say that if I need to have aftermarket stuff covered to let her know and she can add them to my policy.  They also didn't ask me to add my cars for the coverage either.  I have only my bike covered by them, my cars are with USAA and will stay there.  No one under the sun has been able to beat my rates for auto, plus I have been with USAA for about 17 years.  I would have my bike with them except they don't cover them anymore, they use Progressive for that
sad.gif
 So, I went with State Farm on a recommendation of a buddy.  I pay about 650 a year full HIGH coverage on my Busa, not too bad.
thats not true cause Usaa also has foremost and thats who i use. check

i have liability only
i only pay $200 a year for that
and i was 19 and less than a year of experience
when i signed on with them

i never worry about losing my bike on the base plus my street is lined with harleys lol
and there is only about 3 busas on the base and we all know each other. but now she is garaged on a air force base with my dad.. which it has no insurance on it know.

My insurance (full coverage) just got bumped up to $590.00 down then $290.00 a month for the next 11 months / with Dairy Land, it was $400.00 down, then $190.00 for the next 11 months, because my bike was stolen, and I made a claim to fix it. I called State farm, because what I was seeing on here. They also told me that they don't do just motorcycle policies alone ! I wonder if it's up to the agent, or which state you're in ?

Cali, State Farm the last two years, Busa only. $303 every 6mos, 100/300/25k BI/PD, 500 Ded Comp/Coll, 100/300k U/UI BI, U/UI PD. Got a $60 dividend this past May
smile.gif
All they wanted from me was the engine displacement.

I have had state farm for like 20 years and I made my first claim this year when i crashed on the dragon back in may. state farm really stood up to the challenge for me on this. they covered the cost of the repair with no problem but thats not the crazy kicker. when i was first calling about the claim i had no less then 3 different people i talked to say that they would cover my gear. all i had to do was buy it and send them a receipt and they would pay me back. right before i was about to make my first purchase of a new helmet they told me that they had spoken to the corp. office and they said that my gear was not covered and they would not pay for it. I figured i was out of luck but my agent told me that since they had told me that they would pay for it, they would still do so even though corp. office said no. I was stunned to say the least. so far they have paid for a new helmet, shield, and jacket. They were true to their word. They got me for a customer for good....

That's odd, the only reason I am with State Farm was the year that they covered the Busa. I moved my car over to them because they were so easy to work with.

When I was shopping for insurance progressive wanted something nuts like $2000 a year, and Geico was higher (they lie on that commercial...motorcycle insurance my butt!) I was told (probably on here or the VTXOA), that State Farm measured the bike's displacement value, not the style of bike. I called, and they quoted me out at $79 a month ($948 a year), which is a little high for my preference, but I live in the crime capital of America aka. Dallas, TX, and I have known 4 guys who have gone down because they stunt, one girl who dropped her bike just standing there, and we are the city that had the infamous tollway blockage that got one guy flipped over the concrete barriers, and a cager had his car swiss cheesed by armed riders for causing it.

Hell, now that I think about it. I am luck they even offer insurance.

That's odd, the only reason I am with State Farm was the year that they covered the Busa. I moved my car over to them because they were so easy to work with.

When I was shopping for insurance progressive wanted something nuts like $2000 a year, and Geico was higher (they lie on that commercial...motorcycle insurance my butt!) I was told (probably on here or the VTXOA), that State Farm measured the bike's displacement value, not the style of bike. I called, and they quoted me out at $79 a month ($948 a year), which is a little high for my preference, but I live in the crime capital of America aka. Dallas, TX, and I have known 4 guys who have gone down because they stunt, one girl who dropped her bike just standing there, and we are the city that had the infamous tollway blockage that got one guy flipped over the concrete barriers, and a cager had his car swiss cheesed by armed riders for causing it.

Hell, now that I think about it. I am luck they even offer insurance.

State Farm:

$105 per month without a vehicle

$65 per month with a vehicle

I put my vehicle on with State Farm. Been with them for 2 years now and since being with them I have gotten 2 good driving and adjustment checks from $40 to $75 and my insurance on my Busa has went down to $45 per month.
YEAH STATE FARM
beerchug.gif

I only have my M.C. insured thorough State Farm (full coverage) for under $500 a yr and the rest of my property by American Family. Its a stock 03 Busa with a Gen III Brock Davidson full exhaust and simple cosmetic upgrades.

I had a motorcycle only policy with State Farm for my GSXR600 this past year in VA. I've never insured a car with them.

I dont' remember what my agent said. But he would have done the bike alone. It may have been because it was a new purchase.
I took the cars to SF cause it dropped the Busa about $300. And the cars with the multi vehicle discount stayed about the same as I had.
He aslo asked if it was turbo. I told him I was gonna pipe it and he said thats fine, It needs a exhaust for the street.
He couldn't touch the House rate so I left that with Millers.

so far my bills have not gone up for my full coverage for my bike with state farm....so if they are "revamping" how they quote the bike...they better not change mine...also all i have to do is keep recipts of what i added for mods and its covered in case of wreck...wich i have

I have State Farm. First question they asked me was "Is it turbocharged?" The answer was no (it's the truth) and they got my business for only $28/month. I have full coverage on it along with my house and 2 cars as well. I'm 32, married, no points.

Back