Motorcycle insurance

Cruisers are always cheaper to insure than Superbikes.....price doesn't have alot of bearing. its the 200mph in 12 seconds that keeps the rates high (and your Big Dog isn't involved in many accidents.. If a Saturn blind-sided you on your Big Dog, it would probably total the Saturn first....lol

Nevermind!!!!

I just got set up with State Farm. They are going to insure my Busa with full coverage (minus $1000 deduct) for $335.00/year. I have to move my GTP over to them but they are competitive on it so I think I am looking good. FYI I am 34 with 1 minor ticket.

Man insurance is a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!

Nevermind!!!!

I just got set up with State Farm. They are going to insure my Busa with full coverage (minus $1000 deduct) for $335.00/year. I have to move my GTP over to them but they are competitive on it so I think I am looking good. FYI I am 34 with 1 minor ticket.  

Man insurance is a RIP OFF!!!!!!!!
Very good. Full year?

Yep, that is for 1 year. Not bad
jump9.gif

I just don't beleive it....

I was quoted $3360 per year for an '03 busa....I'm 36, no tix/accidents in 10+ years, 3 cars fully insured, and house.....

you guys wanna tell me the secret to getting it for less than $500 per year...

just for giggles, FULL COVERAGE covers:

theft, collision (your fault or not), un-insured/under-insured (coverage for you if someone hits you and doesn't have insurance), vandalism, etc....

If someone finds me full coverage for a year for $500, I'll give them $500.....

I only pay $800 a year full coverage for my 2002 ZX-9R.... go figure....

Houston, when I got qouted through State Farm they required me to bring over my cars. And I think that it varies from State to State.

Im 31 yrs old & have a clean driving record & I pay 1,400 for the yr through State Farm for my 02 busa. I live in S. Florida & that was by far the cheapest around by 1k
pissed.gif

Progressive quoted me $500 a month for my '02. I had my 750 Nighthawk for less than $500 a year. Went with State Farm for $900-$1000 a year where they base it on cc's (Progressive does it on model). Had a really minor fender bender about 2 years ago (first one in 15 years) and no tickets for the last 12 years. Texas drivers suck.

Hey Guys, got my title last Wed. and headed to State Farm, 231.60 6 months, full coverage, 250 deductible for collision.
38 yoa and clean record. Virginia.
I have my house and other vehicles thru Allstate, they checked as they wont cover you if you have insurance with certain ones, unless you switch over.

Got to ride it yesterday for the "first time" in between snow and rain and Ice storms,Mid 60's here) pretty well impressed, the wind is an eye opener to say the least! Was paranoid after reading the first timers postings
smile.gif
But it was smooth!!
Great Site !!!!!!

Hey Guys,  got my title last Wed. and headed to State Farm, 231.60  6 months, full coverage, 250 deductible for collision.
38 yoa and clean record. Virginia.
I have my house and other vehicles thru Allstate, they checked as they wont cover you if you have insurance with certain ones, unless you switch over.

Got to ride it yesterday for the "first time" in between snow and rain and Ice storms,Mid 60's here) pretty well impressed, the wind is an eye opener to say the least! Was paranoid after reading the first timers postings
smile.gif
But it was smooth!!
Great Site !!!!!!
It is a rush though isn't it?  Injoy the weather when you can.

It is a rush though isn't it?  Injoy the weather when you can.
First gear is a killer!!!!
smile.gif
When it gets fairly warm and the roads are dry and clean, Im sure I will get the scared and happy Combo !
I was traveling with my brother on his Intruder and I let him lead so I wouldn't have to stop every so often and wait .....
Gonna take it to the Drags in Bristol this spring /summer and
see what she will do.
Also having helmet problems, got several and they either dont fit me well or dont fit the bike, going shopping....
Just need to get used to the bike and Im sure I will find a happy median. and not the type in-between the hardtop haha

Back