State Farm Insurance

(Busa05_KY @ Aug. 24 2007,19:04) Whats altered?
rock.gif
???lol
biggrin.gif
The first question last week was, is it turbo ? Spoke to another agent who talked to a broker, any change. They don't know, but that would include big bore, cams & pistons, supercharger, N2O, Turbo, etc.

I'm thinking even a pipe the way she was carrying on.

(HeloMech74 @ Aug. 24 2007,19:11) They never asked me about modifications on the bike, but my agent did say that if I need to have aftermarket stuff covered to let her know and she can add them to my policy. They also didn't ask me to add my cars for the coverage either. I have only my bike covered by them, my cars are with USAA and will stay there. No one under the sun has been able to beat my rates for auto, plus I have been with USAA for about 17 years. I would have my bike with them except they don't cover them anymore, they use Progressive for that
sad.gif
So, I went with State Farm on a recommendation of a buddy. I pay about 650 a year full HIGH coverage on my Busa, not too bad.
They put you in two categories, one is 568 and the other is 628 roughly.

I think the 628 includes underinsured motorist.

(busadrive @ Aug. 24 2007,19:53) The term used in first post was "altered", you are assuming that means mods, perhaps it is more specific as in altered engine, as in Turbo'd ? That is the only thing my SF agent brought up as a deal breaker. Need to have the term altered defined more clearly.
It is defined as engine enhancement or at least that's all they spoke about.
wink.gif

(webbashl @ Aug. 24 2007,20:24)
(HeloMech74 @ Aug. 24 2007,16:25)
(webbashl @ Aug. 24 2007,18:11) Heads up on State farm, I have and still have insurance through them. I was talking to my agent a few weeks ago. He was telling me that State Farm is going to be offering a motorcycle policy starting the 10th of August. I called him back today and my qoute came up to 3300 just on my bike. No tickets claims or anything. They are classing this bike as a high performance bike. luckily he is going to grandfather my old policy and not move it.
What exactly are you talking about? State Farm has always offered a motorcycle policy. Are you saying that they are revamping the policies or something? One reason that State Farm has been cheaper then others is because they only use the engine size to classify the bike, not the type of bike.
Not in NC State Farm hasn't offered a separate Motorcycle policy or any other state that my agent is saying. Both my bikes has been under my auto policies for SF. I went to submit my MSF certificate to get a discount on insurance and I was informed that State Farm was going to be offering a bike policy with upgrades, roadside assistance, etc. But this wasn't suppose to take effect until the 10th of Aug. So when I called back today the rate had change for the Hayabusa to 3300 a year labeled now as a "high performance bike". Swear to you 910-892-3244 you can call him. Check it out yourself from your agent!!
Could this be based on the '08 1340cc v. gen I 1299cc
rock.gif

(proud dad @ Aug. 24 2007,21:46) They ask me to add a vehicle.So I switched my truck over.If it wasn't for State Farm I wouldn't own a busa.
Agreed, it's either that or another year of risk. My liability is $173 / yr.

I have State Farm (and like it). I do remember being asked about a turbo though.

I hope the motorcycle rates don't change. My son (19) is considering a 'Busa in the future and I would prefer they didn't punish him.

I think the agents have a lot of leeway in what they can and can't do. I'm sure each state has different requirements as well. I know when I had a touring rig with a trailer to pull behind it, my agent couldn't touch the trailer, at any price. Another State Farm agent wrote the policy for $19 a year. Who knows?

(dadofthree @ Aug. 24 2007,15:31) Looking for full coverage on the Busa. State Farm is the cheapest by about $500.00 a year, but.........................

I must insure another vehicle with them because they do not write Motorcycle alone policies, and the bike cannot be "altered"

So all you guys talking about how great state farm is must have stock bikes or you're lying like heck to the agent.  
poke.gif
for the first year or so, they told me that shid too.
but after 4 years with them, and only 1 claim (theft) they evidently changed their mind, cuz i only got the busa with em now
biggrin.gif

$60 a month, full coverage, no tickets

but on the other hand, when i had my 01 ripped in 05, and i had a
"stated policy value" of $8k, i only got $6700

$11.49 a month USAA on the Busa
total a month for full coverage on new car, (liability on bike and other car) is 68.95 a month.

Looked into Geico, but they must have thought I was a caveman.

(paineless4u @ Aug. 25 2007,08:00) $11.49 a month USAA on the Busa
total a month for full coverage on new car, (liability on bike and other car) is 68.95 a month.

Looked into Geico, but they must have thought I was a caveman.
i imagine that's (partially) cuz they know you can only ride, what, 3-4 months out of the year
wink.gif

My insurance is through USAA, who farms it out to Progressive. I've got full everything with an extra 7k in accessory replacement. It's just under 800 per year. They know about the turbo too.
I called Geiko. Here is what they said, "unfortunately Mr. (mispronounce name horribly here) due to your exhaust modification we will be unable to give you a quote".
laugh.gif

When i bought my 04' Busa new Progressive want $1700 yr, State Farm was $348 yr and Geico quoted me at $6800 a YEAR! Guess which insurer i went with.

Funny thing is that statefarm asks about a turbo or NOS, but nothing about a 1397.
firedevil.gif

(turbojonn @ Aug. 25 2007,10:51) My insurance is through USAA, who farms it out to Progressive. I've got full everything with an extra 7k in accessory replacement. It's just under 800 per year. They know about the turbo too.
I called Geiko. Here is what they said, "unfortunately Mr. (mispronounce name horribly here) due to your exhaust modification we will be unable to give you a quote".
laugh.gif
I have a perfect history with USAA and told me about progressive etc. When I got my custom quote from Progressive through USAA it was like 2700 bucks a year. They must have been smoking some good stuff if they thought I would pay that. I wish they would quote me something more reasonable because I want to keep all my stuff with USAA.

I also used USAA for almost 20 years, but I have switched to Statefarm because of the cost of Motorcycle insurance with USAAA/Progressive. They did their best to keep me at USAA and I did not want to go. But my Statefarm agent worked really hard for my business. After transferring my truck, house and bike with them, my Statefarm agent save me a little over 300 dollars annually with my insurance needs. I wrote a long letter to USAA about my concerns and I did receive a call back apologizing for my disappointment in USAA. I told them if they ever fixed their motorcycle insurance I would be back, or maybe when I decide to move the Busa to liability. I do still do all my banking with USAA and they are teh best customer service I have ever experienced. I would like to add my last bike was a 1996 GSXR1100 that I bought in 1996. At the time USAA still did motorcycle insurance in house and I insured that bike for about 400 dollars per year. If I had kept a bike with USAA the entire time I would be grandfatherd in. USAA is a great company but I think they are making a mistake with the "partner" for tehir motorcycle offerings. Well, maybe its just the partner they chose.

Bill

guns.gif
Progressive

I too have USAA for all of my other insurance, but unfortunately I think that there must have been some sort of regime change higher up. I was notified earlier this year that since I live in Florida and the "risk" of hurricanes is considerable, that USAA will not be adding ANY new policies. They will still honor existing policies, but nothing new will be added. That is just plain crap! Especially considering that most all the other " big " insurance companies have already practically dropped all Florida business.
guns.gif
rant.gif

My busa is insured with State Farm. My wifes bike is with progressive, and our home and two other vehicles are with Farmers. I will switch my wifes bike to State Farm in the spring when her premium is due, but hers is only $80 a year. The State Farm agent never said anything about needing other vehicles on the policy to insure the busa. I pay $40 a month for full coverage on my busa. I would ask State Farm for a quote on the whole thing but don't want to rock the boat.

I have state farm...and only my bike is with them. I live in Texas and unless it is a state guide line, I would look for another agent, if I was you.

(dadofthree @ Aug. 24 2007,15:31) Looking for full coverage on the Busa. State Farm is the cheapest by about $500.00 a year, but.........................

I must insure another vehicle with them because they do not write Motorcycle alone policies, and the bike cannot be "altered"

So all you guys talking about how great state farm is must have stock bikes or you're lying like heck to the agent.  
poke.gif
I'm in Nevada and I insured just my busa with State Farm originally with no probs. Super low rates......then I added my 14 and its only a couple bucks more than the busa a year. State farm goes by cc's not the type of bike. Since the 14's actually only 1352 cc's thats what I told her.
And they never even asked about mods whatsoever
rock.gif

Back