State Farm experience

jellyrug

Donating Member
Registered
Have to move all my insurance from Allstate to State Farm, house, two cars, two bikes. Were it not for the Busa, Allstate was good, they gave me excellent service. Unfortunately they charge three times for the Busa, what SF charges for ALL my vehicles.

Just checked the policies, exactly the same coverage, just not sure about accident forgiveness.

How is the experience with State Farm after an accident, any experience out there?

I have been with State Farm for over thirty years. I have only had two claims, but they were handled very well. The last one was about twelve years ago. I have my home, four cars, and five motorcycles covered with them so they like me very much. They are even proactive in calling me about available discounts i.e. steer clear program and student discounts for my children. Last week they had me come in and review all my coverages. Prior to the meeting I was afraid it was going to be a ploy to sell me additional insurance, however, when I left the meeting my premium payment had decreased about $135 every six months:beerchug:

The only thing I own that I don't have with State Farm is my boat. Allstate offers on the water emergency service. State Farm doesn't have that coverage available so I have my boat insurance with Allstate.

I had an accident a few years ago that was my fault (I disagree with that but whatever, LOL) and they didn't go crazy with my rates. So far I've been happy with State Farm.

State Farm covers all of my vehicles. I had one wreck in a truck, not my fault, and they were very good with it. I had one motorcycle accident, single vehicle totalled, and my rates went up $2 per month for the next two years.

i've only had one accident claim and i don't think it even affected my rates...best price/ coverage in town :beerchug:

Im with state farm and when i had my subs (not subway) stolen out of my car they were there that day and paid 2 days later for them. Now i got into some trouble for a stolen vehicle and stuff but statefarm didn't raise the rates didn't drop me or anything and now that my bike fell over they are trying to **** me over with the price. I got a Dealership saying it will cost $3600 to fix and State Farm wrote me a check for $2500 and my deductable was only $500 so where the hell is the rest of my money:rulez: But other than that they are pretty good i only pay $like $15 or $16 a month for the busa.

I work in claims for Farmers insurance and From a competing company standpoint State farm has always been know to be really good. Especially for the Busa they have the best rates hands down for the bike alone as long as you have a vehicle insured with them but you have to have a good track record driving wise you won't regret it :thumbsup:(not that farmers isn't a great company it is and I have it on my own vehicles they just don't insure motorcycles anymore and can't match the rate I'm getting now)

I had Farmers before. The only reason I changed was to get better motorcycle rates. Both companies are good to work with for claims.
:beerchug:

I work in claims for Farmers insurance and From a competing company standpoint State farm has always been know to be really good. Especially for the Busa they have the best rates hands down for the bike alone as long as you have a vehicle insured with them but you have to have a good track record driving wise you won't regret it :thumbsup:(not that farmers isn't a great company it is and I have it on my own vehicles they just don't insure motorcycles anymore and can't match the rate I'm getting now)

Hey my mom works for farmers in Ohio!

State Farm, so long I can't remember. So long they cannot drop me. Don't ask me... had to make a claim a year ago on the car, piece of metal hit the rear quarter. While speaking to the claim adjuster, she said I had been with them so long I was under a no cancel program.
(they don't offer it anymore according to her)

Great service from them, no complaints, great rate on motorcycles. :thumbsup:

I moved all my coverage to State Farm last December: same coverages, at much better rates. Then, at the FIRST policy renewal on July 1st they jacked my rates 20%. No tickets, no claims, just a rate increased. Bait and switch, pure an simple! I have since left SF and gone with an independent agent, who got me coverage thru Travelers.

CW

State Farm, so long I can't remember. So long they cannot drop me. Don't ask me... had to make a claim a year ago on the car, piece of metal hit the rear quarter. While speaking to the claim adjuster, she said I had been with them so long I was under a no cancel program.
(they don't offer it anymore according to her)

Great service from them, no complaints, great rate on motorcycles. :thumbsup:

Same here - I got the little gold letter from them as well. All My insurance is through State Farm. Home, Two Trucks and two Bikes. (Well one bike next month My Busa).

I went with Progressive...we have been with State Farm for ever, but with no tickets and a great driving record, they wanted an arm and a leg for insurance. Oh well, still with them just not for the Busa.

Interesting Dr. E. I have all my insurance with another provider, but State Farm was by far the best rate on the Busa $163 per year, full coverage.

The bike being 10 years old is all they went on for the rate, since up here in the Great White North there's more concern of hitting a Moose than another vehicle.

Back