Speeding ticket records.

Mine was 181mph in a 65mph. I was told it was by discretion that he did not give a reckless ticket that warranted 10 days jail, 200+ fine for reckless, impounding of the bike and suspension of licence.
I believe it was because I pulled over and waited for him, still on the limb about that, but I felt the rider I was with would have gave me up if I would have went on. No doubt I had a run, but it is what it is. I can post the ticket if anyone wants to start a ticket thread. Just curious about the state by state records.

Holy Sh*t! I'de frame that!:laugh:

Flippin,
I agree with ya on the bright colors being a problem! The 99 Copper/Silver was a magnet for the popo and gawkers, but the 03 Black/Silver flys under the radar it seems.....yes, thats literal and figuratively speaking!

I have a record! I was going 85mph in a 60 (ok not very fast right?). The record part is the damage. Reckless driving, 6 hours in jail, 40 hours community service, $1500 fines/court fee's and $3k to a crappy lawyer, and 2 years probation.:alcoholic:4

I have a record! I was going 85mph in a 60 (ok not very fast right?). The record part is the damage. Reckless driving, 6 hours in jail, 40 hours community service, $1500 fines/court fee's and $3k to a crappy lawyer, and 2 years probation.:alcoholic:4

You're kidding, right? If not, where the heck are you from? In Texas, depending on the jurisdiction in which you were nabbed, you would probably be able to get off with just taking traffic school and a $100-$200 in "court costs".

I was on my 30 mile commute from Tacoma to Seattle in I-5

You were just speeding 25 over and they charged you with reckless driving ?!? Are these charges / consequences consistent with what other WA drivers received for similar infractions?

Wow..can't imagine how much trouble I would be in if I lived in WA :whistle:

Wow! Remind me to avoid WA like the plague! You gotta do 15 over up here just to keep up with the one or two cars I see a day!

There's only one Tropper alotted to cover the 60 miles of Interstate from my house to the Canadian border....so traffic violations have to be significant to get there attention.

Of course spurts of 175+ on a regular basis, on selected areas of zero traffic on the Interstate is calculated fun:whistle:, but still risky business...:please:

You live in a good area having such an outcome for 181/65. Congrats on a reasobable outcome. I had 121/50, and if not for the lawyer who I paid $2500, I would be looking to lose the license for some time and probably 500 - 800 fine. My car insurance went up anyway, I have to pay $300/year for 3 years - NY state driver responsibility surcharge. Fine ended up being less than $300, but I still got 15 points on the license which already expired.

Didn't kill anyone, didn't endanger anyone, empty stretch of divided highway with no cars, 15 sec speed run.

where exactly on this little stretch of hell... err island did ya get caught? :whistle:

You were just speeding 25 over and they charged you with reckless driving ?!? Are these charges / consequences consistent with what other WA drivers received for similar infractions?

Wow..can't imagine how much trouble I would be in if I lived in WA :whistle:

Here in VA, 20 over or more than 80 is wreckless.

LOL!! Wow!!!!! That's one CHEAP ticket if you only get a $200 fine!! Where I live, if you go 20+ km/hr over the speed limit you will get a $200 fine. With the huge possibility of your license being suspended for a week! Happened to my friend in his car for going 25km/hr over the speed limit in a 100km zone.

Basically going 77mph in a 60mph zone

I hope you d'ont get your bike impounded, that would really suck!

I was coming down from 160 and the CHP got me for a 87 in a 55 zone. It cost me $439.99! He was parked if I would have kept going, I would have been in the next county befor he put down his paper work. I stopped out of RESPECT!

you got off lucky by the time I was done paying the lawyer, bike impound and the fines it was about $3500.00 109 in a 65 and the only reason that happened was I had two choices slam into the van that decided to stop for no reason in the fast lane on the freeway ( we were doing about 75) or swerve into the other lane and open up to avoid the car coming up on the right (for about 10 seconds) got it dropped from wreckless to speed in excess of 100.

Hi again,
Well, I thought it was to good to be true, but fortunately all has worked out so far. I have not received an increase in insurance yet. I expected that the officer lied or the judge would do something later(suspend license) ect.
But the fine mailed in with the inspection was what it was. I didn't want to post again until the insurance rate went up, but it has yet to go up.
I'm sure the insurance will go up but the bike is parked for the winter, maybe 3 months here. Regardless it's about 5 months with a lack of increase, even though the bike is parked.
Something I've wondered about, the cost you guys are willing to pay for a ticket seems to outweigh the cost of the bike. If I thought it would cost that much or the outcome was that rediculous I would never stop. I can't understand it.
Maybe you guys didn't know the States cost before you pulled over? Just curious, because if I thought a ticket would cost 1/2 the price of the bike, honestly I would die running.
Anyway, I'll be back to post the insurance increase when I get hte hit.

Please post the ticket...I would like to see it.???
I also would like to print it and keep a copy in my back pocket as proof folks dont go to jail for Ludicrous Speed..the next time I get stopped.

Bumpin to the top cuz we would like to see the ticket....
Yo Spike you got the Motts or what ?:poke:

Please post the ticket...I would like to see it.???
I also would like to print it and keep a copy in my back pocket as proof folks dont go to jail for Ludicrous Speed..the next time I get stopped.

I'm proof that people DO go to jail. Running is stupid. I understand why people do, i have and ive also been caught while trying. I should be dead they way i was riding, combo of speed, traffic, and cross streets, i still dont know how i made it. Its not worth it.

Back