Speeding ticket records.

Don't know if there is a post like this, but I got a whopper of a ticket today.
And when I got home I started reading and found some interesting ticket info.
The fastest recorded ticket in Texas is 242 in a 45.
Minenesota 205 in a 65 .
I may have it my state. Anyone know of a legit list of records?
Something to be proud of probobly not, but out of curiosity, got numbers?

I got 247/kmh in an 80. That was many moons ago. I got off with the help of a lawyer. Cost a couple of grand. Now in Ontario, Canada for 50kmh over....roadside vehicle suspension...up to $10,000 fine for racing....license suspension.....etc.

Now...I don't stop. Kiss my Busa arse. Crash or caught! It's not much worse whether your caught speeding or running.

The cops are OUT OF CONTROL here. I ran one last summer. He radioed in and had 2 units meet me at the other end of the road I was stuck on. The second guy tried to run me off the road.

Just imagine if YOU did that to someone!!! I'm sure that's a felony.

I'm getting too old for this crap!

Theres a road in cabbana with the 3.1 mile strait, it has 5 cameras on it, and the man in the buggati has been clocked at
210mph
225mph
230mph
238mph
249mph

It was on the news with a £19,000 worth of tickets.
And that was with low income, so lucky he wasnt a millionaire as he would have to pay over 5 times that!!

I don't know about state records but my personal best is 117 in a 55. :banghead: $600 for the lawyer and $550 in fines.

Last edited:
Didn't get a ticket but came damn close. On route home from my sisters one August evening with my partner on the back of my RF900,gets onto the dual carriage way (two lane type freeway) gets up to about 110mph cruising speed and only pass one truck and pull back in, do a mirror check and my world turns blue. So pull into the gas station and wait, Cop one gets out and starts telling me what he will do with me and takes my licence and goes back tothe car to check it out, cop two (older guy) askes how long I owned it and did I know why he pulled me "Duh", I think I know is my reply, " you have no tail light" "what" looked and he was right. So no spare and the Gas station didn't carry them so long wait for recovery, "may be not" was is reply. He and cop one rock off back up the highway with don't go anywhere ringing in my ears. He returns with the spare from his ride (an old BMW) and helps me fix it. He then produces his ticket book with my Licence sticking out of it, I think here we go, hands it back and says " We know what you were doing check the video if you like, but you did nothing stupid and the licence, bike and you are in full gear, so take it easy and get home safe." Mean while the younger cop looked well p****d off as he and the other cop drove away. A very lucky night for me that one.:please:

Last edited:
I'm shocked they didn't swip you license on the spot, impound your bike, and slap on some shiny cuffs. In NJ you wouldn't have had a chance. I think 15 over and it's all over.

The whopper.

recent 079.jpg

My advice as a former officer is to RUN. If your way, way out in the lead, don't stop. Just get to a building where you can park behind it and wait 30 minutes and then drive home. Running may even get you by because some areas have a "no pursuit" policy. That is the best place to live!! Also, if for some reason you do go to prison for manslaughter, or another felony, you at least can tell the guys you ran. Giving up will not give you any prison creds at all......

I have been on this busa page since 2002, many of you know me... Two years ago I had a high speed chase with a CBR900RR when I was on duty. Why the chase? High speed in the city (75mph in 30 mph) running several red lights, endangering others on the road.
I did everything by the book, we can chase a vehicle here. The chase went 3 miles and then he lost it and crashed on a curve.
I wanted to talk about this then but decided not to, everything was too fresh. I rolled up to the crash sight and as I stopped my patrol car I saw the rider's left leg laying in a driveway by its self.
He was ejected from the cycle and hit a small tree about 3 to 4 inches in diameter and it ripped his left leg off just above the knee. I ran over to him and found his femoral artery open and pumping out a stream of blood with every beat of his heart. I took a cloth and twisted up like a rope and then tied off his stump and then twisted it with everything I had to stop the blood flow. He was flown off by helicoptor to the hospital. They put him in a drug induced coma for a month and a half to keep him quiet so he could heal up. His injuries were massive busted pelvice, lower back and internal damage.
Why did he run? he had 8 suspentions on his license. No safety inspection on the cycle, bad tires, one front brake was disconected and the brake line pluged off. No lights because the charging system was bad and lights were disconnected to save battery power for the ignition.
The fine he paid? He never paid the fines for the tickets he was issued and there is an active warrant for him. But why pick him up on it. He has paid enough, loss of a leg, lower back injury that will keep him in a wheel chair for the rest of his life.
I feel bad for the guy, and wish it never happened to him. But he twisted on it and ran, it was his choice and it did it all on his own. He was about 200 yards out in front of me when it happened. He said he looked in the mirror to see where I was and ran wide in the turn. When he looked back he was way out of the line and could not stop running off the road at that time about 90mph.
Your out of your mind to run....

Last edited:
I have been on this busa page since 2002, many of you know me... Two years ago I had a high speed chase with a CBR900RR when I was on duty. Why the chase? High speed in the city (75mph in 30 mph) running several red lights, endangering others on the road.
I did everything by the book, we can chase a vehicle here. The chase went 3 miles and then he lost it and crashed on a curve.
I wanted to talk about this then but decided not to, everything was too fresh. I rolled up to the crash sight and as I stopped my patrol car I saw the rider's left leg laying in a driveway by its self.
He was ejected from the cycle and hit a small tree about 3 to 4 inches in diameter and it ripped his left leg off just above the knee. I ran over to him and found his femoral artery open and pumping out a stream of blood with every beat of his heart. I took a cloth and twisted up like a rope and then tied off his stump and then twisted it with everything I had to stop the blood flow. He was flown off by helicoptor to the hospital. They put him in a drug induced coma for a month and a half to keep him quiet so he could heal up. His injuries were massive busted pelvice, lower back and internal damage.
Why did he run? he had 8 suspentions on his license. No safety inspection on the cycle, bad tires, one front brake was disconected and the brake line pluged off. No lights because the charging system was bad and lights were disconnected to save battery power for the ignition.
The fine he paid? He never paid the fines for the tickets he was issued and there is an active warrant for him. But why pick him up on it. He has paid enough, loss of a leg, lower back injury that will keep him in a wheel chair for the rest of his life.
I feel bad for the guy, and wish it never happened to him. But he twisted on it and ran, it was his choice and it did it all on his own. He was about 200 yards out in front of me when it happened. He said he looked in the mirror to see where I was and ran wide in the turn. When he looked back he was way out of the line and could not stop running off the road at that time about 90mph.
Your out of your mind to run....

What where you driving when you were pursuing him? Crown Vic or what?

There's alot of good info and heart in this post.
One major thing I should mention is the stretch I was on was totally empty, with the speed I was doing I never ran up on anyone, passed anyone or anything. The trooper topped a hill going the other way, he hit lights before we passed. I started pulling over right away. The conversation we had was very good and very respectul. He was dominant at first, but he actually owned a 600 and we started talking.
I'm no criminal but I had an experience with the swat team a few years back and I don't trust cops. The police reports were altered, the transcrips were altered and I lost faith in the system period. This guy restored a bit of my faith in the system and in human nature, I wouldn't think everyones experience would be the same.
This is actually a good thread, if you read into it.

When he ran at the time it was just him and I.. But later came the wake up call.. This chase effected my family, his family our friends... The way he now lives.. It could have effected other families if the crash would have involved another car or someone walking or riding a bike... I lost sleep for months after this.
I know this could open the chase or don't chase subject. There are good reasons to chase and not to chase. This guy is 50 years old that ran and crashed...

I have given many speeding bikers only warnings in my 26 years... I know what its like to ride and the little guy on your shoulder wispers in your ear.. TWIST on it! But if your pulled over remember .. Respect gets respect in my book.. Don't run man up and live to ride again...

Theres a road in cabbana with the 3.1 mile strait, it has 5 cameras on it, and the man in the buggati has been clocked at
210mph
225mph
230mph
238mph
249mph

And that was with low income, so lucky he wasnt a millionaire as he would have to pay over 5 times that!!

Owns a Bugatti Veyron, Eb110 wont do 249. And is NOT a millionaire? Does he live in it? post the link please

210mph
225mph
230mph
238mph
249mph

a broke ass with a buggati ???

owens, you are quite the entertainment lately.

Back