Guaranteed to get a ticket!

Fredyp33

Registered
I've never listed to music while riding but I know some people do. Imagine if you got pulled over and the Officer overheard the music you were listening to. What song would guarantee you'd get a ticket?

Also, post how many times you've been pulled over and how many tickets you've got (with details of speed traveling versus speed limit at the time; ie: 85 in a 65, etc).

Songs:

- I fought the law and the law won
- I shot the Sherriff (but I did not shoot the deputy)
- The "COPS" theme song

Pulled over three times, but never got a ticket

Judas Priest
Breaking the law

I've never been "pulled over" on a bike.
I just give them a friendly wave...then disapear. That seems to work well.

I haven't had a driving award in over 15 years, and they were all in cars.
Only 10 of them stuck, speeding, wreckless driving, failure to obey a highway sign, petty crimes, lol.

I've never listed to music while riding but I know some people do. Imagine if you got pulled over and the Officer overheard the music you were listening to. What song would guarantee you'd get a ticket?

Also, post how many times you've been pulled over and how many tickets you've got (with details of speed traveling versus speed limit at the time; ie: 85 in a 65, etc).

Songs:

- I fought the law and the law won
- I shot the Sherriff (but I did not shoot the deputy)
- The "COPS" theme song

Pulled over three times, but never got a ticket

At laaaaaaaast my love has come along....

We use to get pumped up on that and Ice T 'body count' back in the day !!
F... the police , also comes to mind !! Would of liked that playing last time that tall lanky 'prick with ears' cop heard me coming..... bloody brocks :rolleyes: !!

Last edited:
For me listening to music while riding is good because it makes me ride under the speed limit On my wing with cruise plus music its a nice feeling it makes you reflect on the past and not be naughty anyway in 4 years of ownership of the BUSA I have been pinched twice the last one was about a month ago cop said a couple of more km faster I would be walking :banghead: I am a huge BOWIE fan so maybe his song TELLING LIES would be a appropriate song if a copper pulls you over :devil: :thumbsup:

I've definitely lucked out on the ticket thing,last one I got was on my '02 Busa in '02 and since then have probably done 180+ at least 400-500 times(talked my way out of a few though:D).

I'd hate for it to be me but if someone else got handed a big fat ticket while playing "Don'y Worry, Be Happy" for the police, I'd think it was pretty funny!

As for traffic stops, First was 45 in a 35. Milwaukee, city. City MC cop. Warning. ZX-14

Second was probably about 80-85, Milwaukee, expressway, city cop, warning (Sheriff will bust you out here). ZX-14

Third, not breaking the speed limit yet but accelerating hard. Milwaukee, parkway, city cop flashed his lights to alert me of state cop parked hiding in the grass around the corner. LOL. Saved my ass! ZX-14

Fourth, Interstate, about 80. Near Green Bay, WI. Warning again. Same warning: State cops will bust you!) ZX-14

Fifth, South of Green Bay, Interstate, loooooong, flat straightaways---cruising about 100-110 for miles at a time. WARNING!! Sheriff past me with lights flashing. LOL probably was tailing me for some time and I never knew he was there! Probably better that way! ZX-14

Sixth, about 5 minutes after the fifth. I figured it was safe to go fast again but I was wrong. Sheriff #2 passed me at well over 100 with his lights flashing! WARNING #2. ZX-14

Seventh, expressway, Milwaukee, racing Corvette, 130 mph and I see a city cop on the other side of barrier. He turns his lights on and jumps forward but I suppose he realized here was no way to get over to chase us before we'd be long gone. I took that as a very scary warning and proceeded at ~110 to the nearest exit. Then I snuck home and prayed. ZX-14

Eighth, You'd think I would have learned by this time but not really. Interstate, Pound, Wisconsin North of Green Bay, HUGEa$$ sweeping corners, I know I was doing at least 130, approach overpass and see top of some car and can tell by the backward looking shape that is car backing up on an overpass....can only be one thing....yup. I stopped on the enter ramp he was flying down. Not a warning this time. Zapped with lazer about a half mile away. 110 in a 65. 6 point ticket. Tried to fight it but no luck. My insurance apparently didn't hear about it or they ignored it. Fine and lawyer cost me about $1400. ZX-14

Ninth, between Tipler and Florence, WI. County highway. Cruising at 90 mph (I go slow on the straights) Pass a Sheriff coming the other way over a hill. He gets that SUV turned faster that I would have believed possible. Writes me a ticket for illegible insurance card. $10, no points. I knew the guy from school were I work. busa

Tenth, Iron Mountain, MI, back road but pretty well traveled. Pass an oncoming state cop in a corner at about 80. Saw him pull onto the shoulder, considered running but thought better of it. Stopped. He asked if I knew how fast I was going and I honestly replied I did not know, was not looking at the speedo. no ticket just a puzzled look on his face. busa

Eleventh, Kingsford, MI. City street. Driving very slow. City Cop stopped me for expired registration sticker. Turns out expired insurance too. Both about 3 years. What can I say?? I meant to update that stuff but if I drive my Carola like a granny, why would anyone stop me? Frisked, cuffed and arrested. Booked and mugshot. Plead NOT GUILTY and nice DA reduced the charges to non misdemeanors. Got out without the criminal record and cost me ~$250.

If I can ride this summer, I won't be looking for any trophies around here. Hopefully #12 will be in the distant future.

This was over a ten year period, mind you. About one/year.

I forgot the other one from two years ago. Doing tuning runs by Homestead, WI. Nobody around. 130 mph I see a car aproachig in oncoming lane. Quarter mile away. I cut throttle and we pass as I'm winding down to 100 mph. Sheriff. No lights, no stop, nothing. I took it as a warning. Probably another cop from school! ZX-14

You guys gotta meet me somewhere on 395 on the eastern edge of California. We’ll head into Nevada onto some (very) empty two lanes that go for m i l e s.:race:

You guys gotta meet me somewhere on 395 on the eastern edge of California. We’ll head into Nevada onto some (very) empty two lanes that go for m i l e s.:race:

Your fortunate CBXrider to have roads like that close to you I have to travel only 1500km :rolleyes: for those type of roads to the NORTHERN TERRITORY where there is no speed limits you just have to watch out for camels kangaroos and other animals out there :thumbsup:

I have to ride over the Sierras to get to NV but it’s only 175 miles or so for some very straight lonesome roads. Riding over the mountains ain’t a bad ride either.:cool: Say, have I already asked you, have you ever been to Cunnamulla?:D

Back