Speeding ticket records.

76 in a 65... Only one in 11 years of driving. :moon:

I know, that's gonna be hard to beat, even on a turbo busa going downhill. :laugh:

Mine was 181mph in a 65mph. I was told it was by discretion that he did not give a reckless ticket that warranted 10 days jail, 200+ fine for reckless, impounding of the bike and suspension of licence.
I believe it was because I pulled over and waited for him, still on the limb about that, but I felt the rider I was with would have gave me up if I would have went on. No doubt I had a run, but it is what it is. I can post the ticket if anyone wants to start a ticket thread. Just curious about the state by state records.

If I am driving 181 MPH in a 65 MPH....I am not pulling over....I think you should kept on running and than take the back roads home. Unless, for some reason that you could not take off and it would had put other people's lives in danger from where you were. Hell I have taken off from police for way less than what you were doing and got away easily. My thinking if I am going to go to jail, you are going to have to catch me and take me to jail. I thinking speeding in general should not be a reason to throw you in jail, unless you are intoxicated or something like that in general. No....I am not talking about speeding in a city side streets....I am referring about speeding on the interstates in general.

Here in Kansas you would of been Cuffed & Stuffed , Lost your bike to a Flat Bed & Probably lost your license for awhile.:whistle:

I got one southwest of dodge city headed west. Sherriff said he got me at 110 in a 65. I stopped and he said he'd cut me a break. He gave me 99 in a 65. It was $315 but I only had 2 weeks to pay it.

I got a ticket for doing 60mph in a 30...
on a Bicycle...seroius!
What really ticked the officer off was that I had zero ID.....I told him no law says you have to have ID to operate a non-motorized vehicle...he didn't like that! So he wrote me up.

I took the court date and the Judge threw it out...told the officer he had better things to do than harass bicyclists! It's a small town and I saw the Judge a couple days later and stoped to thank him.....turns out the Judge was Eco/Green and rode to work on a bicycle!

He did say "try to keep it under 65, will ya"! Ha!

On a more serious note...I almost got nabbed doing 180mph (speedohealer corrected) up here...there was only two motorist on the road and one of them must of called me in...as I came up to the next exit, which are far and few between up here....I see a Tropper coming onto the Interstate opposite direction...I look in his direction and he is definetily looking at me when the lights go on....OS! Guess he thought he would sit and wait in the median for me to fly by......Little did he know I have Busa Power!
I hightailed it off the Interstate and parked it behind a restaurant, behind some cars in the employee parking and behind the Dumpster! I called the wife to come and get me!
Let me tell ya Paranoia will Destroy ya! I was afraid to ride for a week!

Gee Mr. Wizard what's the moral of the story: Well let me tell ya, a 99 Copper/Silver is way too bright and distinct to blend in even if there were tons more Busa's on the road up here...(which there isn't! I'm one of maybe 3 Busa's in a 50 mile radius) I'm gotta get a Black and Silver Busa! Yeah! now that's the answer!

blue/silver is stealth enough for me, and there are plenty of bikes with blue colors out there. That's why I am not a big fan of custom paint - looks nice, but easy to spot. ???

Gee Mr. Wizard what's the moral of the story: Well let me tell ya, a 99 Copper/Silver is way too bright and distinct to blend in even if there were tons more Busa's on the road up here...(which there isn't! I'm one of maybe 3 Busa's in a 50 mile radius) I'm gotta get a Black and Silver Busa! Yeah! now that's the answer!

I wounder what they would do if you had an extra set of platics in the garage that were a different color...."Honest judge, that wasn't me that busa on the tape is copper/silver and my beloved busa is black and silver."

Sure, they can give a ticket to the registered owner, but they still have to prove beyond a reasonable doubt in court that it was actually you on the bike.

point taken, but if you lent your vehicle to some one you would know who it was , so why would you not pass the ticket on unless you had some thing else to hide . not that im a grass but i wouldnt take the wrap :whistle:

My advice as a former officer is to RUN. If your way, way out in the lead, don't stop. Just get to a building where you can park behind it and wait 30 minutes and then drive home. Running may even get you by because some areas have a "no pursuit" policy. That is the best place to live!! Also, if for some reason you do go to prison for manslaughter, or another felony, you at least can tell the guys you ran. Giving up will not give you any prison creds at all......:rulez:

Just got one for 90 in a 60 two days ago. Thought he might cut me a break for stopping right away. Nope. Instead I got the "Time and place for everything" speech. Funny, seemed like the time and place before he showed up! :whistle: So, next time..... there's plenty of black Busas out there.

got stopped one night for 160mph in a 70mph. State patrol was sitting in the median and I never saw him. I was cruising around 80 couple miles down the road and he came up from behind me. He was REALLY pissed at first and asked me what I was doing.....first words out of my mouth were something like "im really sorry I just like going fast"....I guess jesus christ himself blasted me with a laser beam of blessings from the heavens...I got off with a warning and to be careful riding on that thing!!!!! About a week later I left a friends house and ripped up to 140mph in a 55mph and guess who was sitting in the median?? Thats right the infamous city police....It was like 45 degrees and I had a tshirt on and shorts and was freezing my nuts off. Pretty attractive female cop gets out of the car ask me WTF I was thinking and I said I'm freezing and I just live a mile from here and I'm trying to get home. She proceeds to run my license and send me on my way with a warning!!!! Now I don't get to ride much and for some reason when I do I end up just cruising. I find myself constantly looking around for cops....feel that I will never catch a break like those 2 again

Here in Phoenix they say the registered owner gets the ticket, but I have been flashed many times by photo radar and have never gotten a ticket. There was also a rider on a 954 that ran from a sherriff deputy. They have him on video, but since he was wearing a helmet and couldn't prove who was riding they couldn't do anything to him. The burden of proof always falls on the state.

+1, gotta love this state. just make sure u have a helmet on and sun glasses or a tinted visor.

Ok, I'm the one that posted this. Minus the insurance the legal side is finished. It cost me 285.00 that was the speeding ticket and the lack of inspection ticket. After talking with the court clerk and mailing proof of inspection.
After some reflection I could have avoided the whole thing by either not flying or not stoping.
I'm on the fence, I would never want to have an officer crash trying to catch something he couldn't, yet I was totally honest and the outcome was justified throught the court.
All in all it was just and is fair, this time.
I've had experience with corruption and crooked cops and the courts and honestly if the outcome is fair like I think it was this time, I would pull over again.
Unfortunately the fee's in some states are not fair, this situation is what it is. 285.00 and admission of guilt, probobly an increase in insurance, yet to be seen.
I'll post again when I get the increase in insurance. I will say this, if all states were realistic in situation...Traffic, history, ect. no one would die trying to escape or catch anyone. All in all, so far I don't regret owning up and being staight forward.

You live in a good area having such an outcome for 181/65. Congrats on a reasobable outcome. I had 121/50, and if not for the lawyer who I paid $2500, I would be looking to lose the license for some time and probably 500 - 800 fine. My car insurance went up anyway, I have to pay $300/year for 3 years - NY state driver responsibility surcharge. Fine ended up being less than $300, but I still got 15 points on the license which already expired.

Didn't kill anyone, didn't endanger anyone, empty stretch of divided highway with no cars, 15 sec speed run.

I swear once i got the nice fancy paint on my bike police love to pull me over. i never had been pulled untill i got those wonderful bright colors. Ive always been one to see an open area to twist back hard as i can on the throttle. Ive been pulled and cited a ticket when a truck was passing me! The officer claimed that it was me who he clocked. I find it hard to believe that he got me instead of the big arse truck passing me. I couldnt really argue much because i didnt know my actual speed but i wasnt intending on speeding or anything just enjoying my ride, even if i did i know it wouldnt have helped.

Back