Southern VA Rt. 16 ride

The Oracle

Registered
I am putting together a trip on Route 16 in Southern Virginia from Volney to Frog Level. This section of road is AWESOME! I will be bringing the video equipment and compiling a video of the whole event.

My plan is to leave Dublin, VA (outside of Radford) Saturday (date is TBD) at 9AM and riding to Volney. So, anyone who would be interested could meet us in Dublin before 9AM, or Volney around 10AM.

Roundtrip Summary
Total Estimated Driving Time: 5 hours
Total Estimated Distance: 215 miles

Trip To Volney From Dublin, VA:
Estimated Time: 1 hours
Estimated Distance: 70 miles

Trip From Marion To Dublin, VA:
Estimated Time: 1 hour
Estimated Distance: 56 miles

Actual Ride from Volney to Frog Level and back:
=====================================
Volney, VA (VA Route 16 and US Route 58) take Route 16 through Marion, VA (Route 81 and 16) to Frog Level, VA (VA Route 16, US Route 19, and VA Route 91).
Estimated Time: 2 hours
Estimated Distance: 55.5 miles

From Frog Level, VA take Route 16 back to Marion (Route 81).
Estimated Time: 1 hour
Estimated Distance: 31 miles

--
So, is anyone interested in doing this??

-Rip

sounds like its gonna be a great time... too bad I'm 1000+ mi away...
mad.gif

Sounds like fun, but I can't make it that far west...why are you going from MD to that part of VA? Got friends in that area or just looking for good roads?
rock.gif

yeah. assuming the weather is good I'll definatly meet up and ride this... I love that effin' road.. it's awesome.. I bet a know another busa pilot or two that would be interested also.

the best is marion to frog level... thats the stuff!

Yeah Rip ... throw some suggested dates at us. I'm interested and my weekends are filling up fast.

DJ

hey oracle.. I went and rode this today (only about 30 minutes away from me) and it's still got quite a few rocks strewn across it from the winter.. I was thinking though... I bet the weekend after labor day would be great... lots of traffic travelling it on labor day weekend going to hungry mother state park... which will clean off any remaining gravels.. hopefully..

plus I was thinking... the weekend after labor day would be good cuz everybody just had cookouts and what not and probably won't be that interested in going to a park or whatever...

just an idea..

would be may 8-9th depending on whether you wanted a saturday, or sunday.. I'm good for either day and might even hafta rig up the camcorder for the day.

if you haven't ridden this road before you should come down.. it's one of those hidden gems folks.. no doubts.. worth the trip.

hey oracle.. I went and rode this today (only about 30 minutes away from me) and it's still got quite a few rocks strewn across it from the winter..  I was thinking though... I bet the weekend after labor day would be great...  lots of traffic travelling it on labor day weekend going to hungry mother state park... which will clean off any remaining gravels.. hopefully..

plus I was thinking... the weekend after labor day would be good cuz everybody just had cookouts and what not and probably won't be that interested in going to a park or whatever...

just an idea..

would be may 8-9th depending on whether you wanted a saturday, or sunday..   I'm good for either day and might even hafta rig up the camcorder for the day.  

if you haven't ridden this road before you should come down.. it's one of those hidden gems folks.. no doubts.. worth the trip.
Awesome dude! Let's tentatively set it for May 8th!

Sounds like you put some thought into this... And, it makes gud cents!

haha.. not much else to do but think when the road is wet... plus it has pebbles thru most curves..

i'm in though.. whatever day ya decide on,.

June 5th is the Saturday after Memorial day... Labor day isn't until end of Summer... Sorry folk... Date will stay May 8th unless otherwise noted.

<span style='color:firebrick'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>OK those of you that need your hat for Spring time.

100 hats to go... I will buy and give the 25th order free, followed with the 55th order free and the 99 order free. you do not want to be at events with a crowd and risk not being seen by your Brother and Sister Hayabusa.org members. Let's see how fast we can get these hats on some heads. Have fun and good luck.</span></span>
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

<span style='color:firebrick'><span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>OK those of you that need your hat for Spring time.  

100 hats to go... I will buy and give the 25th order free, followed with the 55th order free and the 99 order free.  you do not want to be at events with a crowd and risk not being seen by your Brother and Sister Hayabusa.org members.  Let's see how fast we can get these hats on some heads.  Have fun and good luck.</span></span>
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
Already received mine... Love it!

biggrin.gif

I will not be able to make the May 8th date. I am becoming an MSF instructor and this date will interfere with one of my sessions...

The date is being pushed back to May 29th... I hope everyone can still make it!
cool.gif

Back