So what's your highest?

So what's the highest gas mileage you have gotten?

• Less than 30 mpg

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Somewhere around 36

Votes: 37 13.3%
  • maybe 39

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • about 41

Votes: 32 11.5%
  • not more than 43

Votes: 35 12.6%

Votes: 29 10.4%

Votes: 13 4.7%

Votes: 7 2.5%

Votes: 29 10.4%
  • 50 or more (and I only ride downhill, both ways)

Votes: 57 20.5%

• Total voters
I can get around 160 to 180 miles out of a full tank. My avg. mpg is 38 in C mode,just going back and forth to work(40 mile round trip) If I use "A" mode forget it it goes waaaay down to under 30mpg. One other thing I am a big guy so the busa has to push alot of wieght..

38.37 mpg on my last 4.303 gallons. I'll bet I could hit 50 if that was my goal, but I believe it would take a fair amount of lugging and coasting in N. :laugh: However, I do expect to be able to tour at about 45 mpg.

i average around 27-32mpg hwy+city anybody who averages 40+ in the city is on the wrong bike or is full of ****. ridding a busa for 6 years. and the Gen 2 is worse :laugh: oh C-mode and B-mode dont work on my busa :rulez:

Last edited:
i average around 27-32mpg hwy+city anybody who averages 40+ in the city is on the wrong bike or is full of ****. ridding a busa for 6 years. and the Gen 2 is worse :laugh: oh C-mode and B-mode dont work on my busa :rulez:

I think I can turn it around and say if I was only getting 27-32 mpg, yes I would be on the wrong bike. The Busa can tour, cruise, or go fast. I can do all three but like my 40-45 when I get that. No, I'm not full of ****.

Finished my tank with a rotten commute to work on Friday. Averaged 43mpg measured by gas to fill the tank - and that agreed very well with what the calculator on the dash said. Interesting experiment, but now I'm ready to go back to "normal" riding mode!

Did 2,500 miles round-trip to the gap, .39.9 average, over-all. Saw 41-42 on the way,37-38 while at the bash. This was 2-up,ventura rack.Also was done with worlds most expensive exhaust system.:whistle::rofl: A good map is essential to good MPG. On the Stock set-up(withPC) we saw 47-49 highway,39-43 on back roads under similar conditions.This with just a PC and stock everything. Before the PC the bike did mid thirties to low,mid 40's from the factory.:beerchug:

I am shocked at the hi - low rang of MPG I get with the 'Busa .

Highway I get high 40s even under "spirited" acceleration with my liter bike friends .

City commuting I get high 20s just moping around with lots of stops .

Me too (but lower 20s). But. I don't think the cops would agree that I am moping around. I don't know, but I swear there is a demon in this machine that grabs your hand and makes it twist.

I got up to 140 and back down to 0 between two stop lights (not that close together) in front of god and everybody. My luck will surely run out one day. I will plead senility in front of the judge (being 62).

Last edited:
I really think filling up is a pain in my ride, so I tend to take it easy, plus I have had a few tickets. Just makes sense; ride safe = better MPG!

the only thing i know is i went about 46 miles on one tank and i didnt run out so i still had some in her i revved it alot ....what it had good sound ...so probably could have went more and it was in town :thumbsup:

Back