Riding = Speeding?

Riding = Speeding? - Do you ever NOT speed at least once?

• Riding equals speeding at some point

Votes: 178 100.0%
  • I NEVER speed when riding on streets               liars --------

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I speed more than I don't

• Only speeding to avoid traffic

• Speed ALL THE TIME and plan to be arrested soon

• What's a TRE?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I commute 21 miles each way. And during that ride to work and back home again, I pretty much move through the traffic, probably about 5 to 8 MPH faster than those around me. So whatever they're moving at, I'm moving at + a little.

I'm in control when riding is on my terms. If this means speeding, then so be it.

Yea, I break the speed limit every time I ride. On the freeway here in California, it's 65. You go 66 and you've done it. Anyway, move through the traffic. I don't split lanes unless it's to get to the head of the line at a signal. Okay, I've done it a couple of times on the freeway, but only when I have a wide berth.

I do tend to look down and see 90 on the speed-o a lot. Hmm. wow.gif

(TIMMYDUCK @ Apr. 27 2007,09:22) Speed all the time.

Expect to be arrested here soon.

Thank god I live in a police deficent state.

State boys are so short handed these days it takes them 2 days to respond to a burglury call and take the report.
I see a move in my future. I behave in town and play only in certain spots after a pre-run, checking the road out. I guess i'm getting old.

RON (thrasherfox), that's a good one......

Yep I catch myself all the time, and I tell myself this is the LAST time, but then John jumps out around me, or is leading at an insanely high rate of speed..............what's a guy to do rock.gif?...get left behind rock.gif?.......John might get lonely out there by himself.....so "what's a TRE rock.gif"

super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I'm almost always over when going from zero up, but then I back off.. It's too dam easy to show cagers how you can be 10 car lengths away from them if needed.

I do however try to remember that these bikes (actually ANY sport bike) are labeled "PROBLEM" as soon as anyone sees us on the road, so I try to maintain 'around' the speed limit for most of my riding time.

BUSAFETT

I pretty much run with traffic, however - traffic is usually going over the posted limit so technically we're all speeding. Only on rare occations have I whacked the throttle open, and, these have been in remote locations devoid of LE and other vehicles. Fortunately I got my street-racing done in my earlier years and now I'm too worried about being cited/arrested/jailed, and or taken out by a cellphone-glued-to-the-head-cager to risk it. Thank's to the Almighty the Busa didn't exist when I was young.  SHOCKED.gif
-Jim

I ride pretty well at the speed limits in town and in traffic. On the open road I turn into an offensive driver, if your going to hit me you have to catch me! smile.gif

I never use to speed as I believed those who said it would make me go blind. But after the first time I found I couldn't stop. I do it all the time now........oh wait.........what was the question? all_coholic.gif

I guess you need to define speeding, since everyone is going beyond the posted speed limit.

Now do I go crazy 100mph through traffic or in the city, hell no! I wait for those dry days in the mountians when we are out having fun.

Sport bikes speed by themselves, I'm just on for the ride.

I never go the exact speed limit...always 5-9 mph over unless it's interstate, then 65 means I can get close to 80 and no one cares...

If I'm passing, of course I'm speeding...gotta get by 'em quickly  laugh.gif

I do know this:  I would never survive having slow vehicles that don't allow you to pass quickly...I'd be dead in a week if I pulled past someone, then a minute later they're still beside me because the tiny 4-banger eco-car won't go laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I usually do 5 or 10 mph over the speed limit depending on traffic. But on the highway I find myself doing 90mph quite often with short bursts of over 100mph. And of course if the road is empty I feel like traveling back in time.

I voted "Riding equals speeding at some point" and was glad to see I was with the majority beerchug.gif . Problem is that since I got my Busa last week, I'm gradually moving into the "I speed more than I don't" category, but I find it hard to stay off the throttle of this machine super.gif

On any sportbike its tough not to go over the speed limit. I really don't even understand the need for such slow speeds. I was riding in on the way to work and found myself pushing 95mph but so was everyone else. What gives here, no one, not even the cagers obey the slow speed limits...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back