Busa driver = slow car driver?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
I have a Busa and love riding around anywhere, probably on it more than my car. Now I am noticing that I tend to drive my car slower lately.... even UNDER the speed limit sometimes. This is not intential. When just realise I do it , I try to speed back up, but seem more comfortable just cruising in the car. On the Busa, I find rev limiter alot and in the open, empty, vacant flats, I roll on hard. Not that I 'speed', or course.
Anyone else find this bizaar side affect or is it just me??

I do... I think it is a good sideeffect. It reduces the odds of you obtaining traffic violations! Keep up the good work.

BTW - we prolly do it, 'cause it is no longer any fun only SLIGHTLY breaking the speed limit.

I drvie slower in my car simply because it want go as fast as the Busa...If I had a really fast car shat I'ld let it roll also...

I have found myself driving much slower than before, I guess I use the car to get somewhere and I use the bike to have fun going anywhere. It isnt that much fun to drive a car that has 30 horspower less than my motorcycle.

Interesting side note, I test drove a Nissan 350Z over the weekend and I expected it to just haul ass since it has 290 hp. To me it felt slow and didn't have any punch like I expected it to. I guess every car is going to feel slow after the busa but I was suprised at how much of a difference it was.

You Too?
rock.gif

My wife mentioned that I don't yell at traffic nearly as much when I have been riding regularly, nor do I speed as much. In fact around town I do find myself going pokey at wierd times...

Just NO point in speeding in the car I guess. Funny, I thought I was just weird...

Yeah, it's weird! I'm glad it's not just me. Let's call it WARP-LAG hahahahaha
It is kind of a cool effect and should cut down on car speeding tickets - which is all I used to get

Same here. I used to always romp on the gas with my car. After I got the bike, I accelerate very slowly and usually go under the speed limit everywhere and that has not changed in nearly 3 years.

Of course, I now ride the busa slowly, too. The 'need for speed' syndrome and having the 'fastest bike in the world' idea stuck in my head has finally drained from my system about a year ago. It has turned into just another form of dependable transportation for me.

I guess I need to move now to somewhere where the roads are not flat to re-ignite that spark.
biggrin.gif

I must be the only odd ball...I love speed. I could be on Busa, car, or giant 50k forklift. It doesn't matter to me...everything is about speed. I just love it. Speed is a major thing here in Japan when I come up on some slow folks it like "move b!!!!ttttch...get out da way (after a very popular song)". Gotta love it!!

Let ask you...what would you do if thier was 1,000 hp Nissan Skyline pulled up next to you at the light? Or a 850hp low boost / 1,000 hp high boost Toyota Supra at that light? Your going run'em!! Oh yeah they don't run nitros at all here...

The problem that i find is i would needa $250,000 car to come close to the Busa. So i do not have a 1/4 mill disposable income. I go slower in my Jeep and Suzuki Vitara
biggrin.gif

I drive the car the same, slightly over. I like to get where I'm going and in LA pokey drivers are shot. Think that'll work if I get pulled over?

I must be the only odd ball...I love speed.  I could be on Busa, car, or giant 50k forklift.  It doesn't matter to me...everything is about speed.  I just love it.  Speed is a major thing here in Japan when I come up on some slow folks it like "move b!!!!ttttch...get out da way (after a very popular song)".  Gotta love it!!  

Let ask you...what would you do if thier was 1,000 hp Nissan Skyline pulled up next to you at the light?  Or a 850hp low boost / 1,000 hp high boost Toyota Supra at that light?  Your going run'em!!  Oh yeah they don't run nitros at all here...
D F, if I remember right, when I was at Kadena in the mid 60's I could see both sides of the island at the same time. It would be hard to get any speed up without running into the ocean. Unless of course you were going end to end.

I drive my car just as fast as I used to. Just so happens that I rarely drive a car. But when I do, i sure don't want to have to take any longer to get there than I have to. I just ride the Busa faster. I hate slow pokes...especially those that hog the left lane.

fireskull.gif

I must be the only odd ball...I love speed.  I could be on Busa, car, or giant 50k forklift.  It doesn't matter to me...everything is about speed.  I just love it.  Speed is a major thing here in Japan when I come up on some slow folks it like "move b!!!!ttttch...get out da way (after a very popular song)".  Gotta love it!!  

Let ask you...what would you do if thier was 1,000 hp Nissan Skyline pulled up next to you at the light?  Or a 850hp low boost / 1,000 hp high boost Toyota Supra at that light?  Your going run'em!!  Oh yeah they don't run nitros at all here...
D F, if I remember right, when I was at Kadena in the mid 60's I could see both sides of the island at the same time. It would be hard to get any speed up without running into the ocean. Unless of course you were going end to end.
If your in the middle you can see the north end of the island. This island is 60 miles long...As for places to go fast? Do you remember that lovely road call 58? Or Ikeia (however you spell it) Island? That is over a half mile bridge... Are all this places illegal as hell to race? You bet your ass! But its just like the movies... everyone out there racing then the JPs (Japanese Police) roll up trying to catch atleast one of the 30-50 drivers. Great fun...EVERY sunday and thursday. Alot has changed since you've been here last. Now if I was on Guam that is less than half the size of Okinawa. There isn't anywhere to race there...then I'd be in complete agreement with ya bro!

My other ride is a Fullsize Jimmy Diesel (non turbo), so driving slow isn't really an option, it just kinda happens. When I get the turbo put on, it'll get up to speed faster, but it's not going to do much above 75. God I love that truck! People ask my why I want something so slow, I tell them, "if I want to go fast, I get on my bike."

Back