Riding = Speeding?

guilty but within reason
beerchug.gif

I commute 21 miles each way. And during that ride to work and back home again, I pretty much move through the traffic, probably about 5 to 8 MPH faster than those around me. So whatever they're moving at, I'm moving at + a little.

I'm in control when riding is on my terms. If this means speeding, then so be it.

Yea, I break the speed limit every time I ride. On the freeway here in California, it's 65. You go 66 and you've done it. Anyway, move through the traffic. I don't split lanes unless it's to get to the head of the line at a signal. Okay, I've done it a couple of times on the freeway, but only when I have a wide berth.

I do tend to look down and see 90 on the speed-o a lot. Hmm.
wow.gif

(TIMMYDUCK @ Apr. 27 2007,09:22) Speed all the time.

Expect to be arrested here soon.

Thank god I live in a police deficent state.

State boys are so short handed these days it takes them 2 days to respond to a burglury call and take the report.
I see a move in my future. I behave in town and play only in certain spots after a pre-run, checking the road out. I guess i'm getting old.

RON (thrasherfox), that's a good one......

Yep I catch myself all the time, and I tell myself this is the LAST time, but then John jumps out around me, or is leading at an insanely high rate of speed..............what's a guy to do
rock.gif
?...get left behind
rock.gif
?.......John might get lonely out there by himself.....so "what's a TRE
rock.gif
"

super.gif

rock.gif

rock.gif

I'm almost always over when going from zero up, but then I back off.. It's too dam easy to show cagers how you can be 10 car lengths away from them if needed.

I do however try to remember that these bikes (actually ANY sport bike) are labeled "PROBLEM" as soon as anyone sees us on the road, so I try to maintain 'around' the speed limit for most of my riding time.

BUSAFETT

I pretty much run with traffic, however - traffic is usually going over the posted limit so technically we're all speeding. Only on rare occations have I whacked the throttle open, and, these have been in remote locations devoid of LE and other vehicles. Fortunately I got my street-racing done in my earlier years and now I'm too worried about being cited/arrested/jailed, and or taken out by a cellphone-glued-to-the-head-cager to risk it. Thank's to the Almighty the Busa didn't exist when I was young.  
SHOCKED.gif

-Jim

I ride pretty well at the speed limits in town and in traffic. On the open road I turn into an offensive driver, if your going to hit me you have to catch me!
smile.gif

I never use to speed as I believed those who said it would make me go blind. But after the first time I found I couldn't stop. I do it all the time now........oh wait.........what was the question?
all_coholic.gif

I guess you need to define speeding, since everyone is going beyond the posted speed limit.

Now do I go crazy 100mph through traffic or in the city, hell no! I wait for those dry days in the mountians when we are out having fun.

Sport bikes speed by themselves, I'm just on for the ride.

I never go the exact speed limit...always 5-9 mph over unless it's interstate, then 65 means I can get close to 80 and no one cares...

If I'm passing, of course I'm speeding...gotta get by 'em quickly  
laugh.gif

I do know this:  I would never survive having slow vehicles that don't allow you to pass quickly...I'd be dead in a week if I pulled past someone, then a minute later they're still beside me because the tiny 4-banger eco-car won't go
laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I usually do 5 or 10 mph over the speed limit depending on traffic. But on the highway I find myself doing 90mph quite often with short bursts of over 100mph. And of course if the road is empty I feel like traveling back in time.

Back