Riding = Speeding?

(thrasherfox @ Apr. 27 2007,08:17) I only speed to avoid traffic.

I try to live my life in a way that I have minimal negative impact on others around me.

I allways feel that if someone is behind me I might be stressing them out, you know, they might be having a bad day, had an argument with someone.

So out of respect and courtesy for all those around me I try to ensure that I never block anyone up.

Just like when I ride with other groups, I allways try to ensure there is no one behind me because I dont want to ruin someone else's day by being held up by me.

So I allways go out of my trying to be considerate of others, which some times requires me to exceed the speed limit on a few occasions, you know, just trying to be nice to others  
beerchug.gif
+1

super.gif

My ans is,
Speed ALL THE TIME and plan to be arrested soon!
I think of it this way I didn't buy the Busa just for its good look's!!!
super.gif

It's impossible to ride a Hayabusa and not speed at least once. Impossible.

Yep...there hasn't been a SINGLE time that I've ridden her that I didn't open her up somewhere along the line! It simply can't be done!! (officer)

(WWJD @ Apr. 27 2007,09:08) Too bad "Speed limits" weren't based on SKILLS TESTS!   That would ROCK.  A license to speed so to speak.  It's like that at the track - the faster guys just go SAFELY around the noobs.  Imagine THAT on the street?   Freeways would be a freakin ball....
I have to agree here.  We all get lumped into one group and it sucks!  Some have the dexterity and experience needed to ride a bit faster than others.  If we could get a license stating that we are allowed to open her up on the back or open roads, that’d be the best.

I’m not a big fan of speeding in the city.  Too many other variables that you have no control over.  But when you get out where no one else is around  
AAAssjani.gif
   I mean, ya know, come on now.
race.gif

And thrasherfox made an excellent point, as did others, show some respect.
beerchug.gif
  I see these guys lane splitting while opening the throttle and blasting between cars.  You know what that sounds like to someone in a car.
SHOCKED.gif
  Goodness forbid an elderly couple caught off guard.  No telling what could happen.

Mostly ride safe, bros.  Fast doesn't always mean unsafe!

I go easy around town waiting and watching out for the next idiot that wasnt looking or the genius that had to cut you of 20' before he turns infront of you and you get the picture. My city speed is totally determined by my personal safety, probobly slower than most.
Highways or back roads are fair game ....traffic pending. Making a quick pass ,sure open it up between exits on a familiar section of thruway...sure fine. But If you go off an embankment in the twists and smack a tree with your noggin at just 35mph just right and nobody finds you for a few hrs. You could be quite screwed. Keep the acting the fool material for the track. They have spotters and an ambulance on hand 98 percent of the time.

In town=behave.

Out of town- let's face it, the Busa is a superior form of transportation- double yellows and speed limits are for normal vehicles, not those capable of triple-digit speeds in five seconds!

On the highweay I go at least 5 mph faser than the flow of traffic to insure I am the one making lane changing decisions. The fewer people passing me the less danger i am in. That way I don't need to be as concerned with making sure traffic sees me. By being slightly agressive i put my fate more into my hands rather than a commuter thinking about something other than driving.

I pop into the triple digits when I deem it safe. Usually later in the evening / night on lonesome roads. I will occasionally hit triple digits to get away from a punk in traffic trying to prove himself or basically acting like an ass to the point where I am not comfortable being in his strike zone.

I am really trying to stop speeding altogether for several reasons:

1 - Not speeding gives you more room to comensate for errors - yours and other peoples'
2 - Tickets are expensive
3 - The bible commands us to obey the law of the land - whether we like it or not.

Back