Riding = Speeding?

WWJD

Donating Member
Registered
On my boring morning commute, I realised I rarely speed on streets anymore, at least inside city limits. I find a nice back road off the main commuter veins, and think "Oh! I'm gonna hit it here" then think about traffic, cops, limits, and back down.

Are you like me and every ride, do you constantly think about where the next section is that you can get some speed going? I used to ride and just enjoy the low speed cruise.

Now I'm "damaged goods"

since taking it to the track i feel no need to speed on the streets any more, although i do have some fun once i get away from the city where i know there is no cops

I didn't vote as I didn't see an in town/ out of town separation. I actually obey ( no lies  
smile.gif
)  the speed laws in town. Out on the country (especailly twisty) roads, call me a rebel  
pirate.gif

There is no way not to exceed the speed limit by a small amount. If you don't, you'll get run over out there. I drive about 25k/yr for my job in a company car. There is maybe 1% of the drivers out there who actually 'do the limit'. All the rest speed to some extent. Its been my obeservation that +15mph is the cutoff point where you will definitely get stopped.

So, back to the question at hand, I would say I qualify to answer "yes".

Or did you mean tripple digit speeds??
firedevil.gif

Depends on what you mean by speeding.

I never go the "speed limit". In other words, I generally go above the posted speed in an effort to move through the traffic rather than with it.

Now if you're referring to doing "speed runs" at +100 mph, sure, on occasion, but usually it's not in heavy traffic, usually in short spurts etc.

People never mention it, but aggressive cornering (track style, but on the streets) is just as bad as speeding.

I only speed to avoid traffic.

I try to live my life in a way that I have minimal negative impact on others around me.

I always feel that if someone is behind me I might be stressing them out, you know, they might be having a bad day, had an argument with someone.

So out of respect and courtesy for all those around me I try to ensure that I never block anyone up.

Just like when I ride with other groups, I always try to ensure there is no one behind me because I don't want to ruin someone else's day by being held up by me.

So I always go out of my way trying to be considerate of others, which some times requires me to exceed the speed limit on a few occasions, you know, just trying to be nice to others
beerchug.gif

Yes, even when I don't plan to speed, Celine is a sneaky girl who likes to run and she creeps up there.

Usually it's a battle, I decide I'm not in any hurry and then I look down after a while and I'm doing like 90-100...release the throttle..crawl along...look down and I'm doing 90-100 again, repeat,....nature of the beast.

That's one reason I don't do the speed-o-healer, figure it gives me a little buffer zone  
tounge.gif

I speed, but I try not to get out of hand with it. There is no way to even come within shouting distance of the Busa's limits on the street. I don't try to kid myself on that particular point and just enjoy the ride. But on every ride there is that one moment when I let Evelyn breathe a little bit, just to let her know I am still alive. The odd trip to redline between friends.
biggrin.gif

(Somebody1010 @ Apr. 27 2007,07:19) since taking it to the track i feel no need to speed on the streets any more, although i do have some fun once i get away from the city where i know there is no cops
Trackdays have done that to me too. Anymore on the crappy streets, Ima big p\/ssy, but on the smooth track and way out in the middle of nowhere, I let rip!

Too bad "Speed limits" weren't based on SKILLS TESTS! That would ROCK. A license to speed so to speak. It's like that at the track - the faster guys just go SAFELY around the noobs. Imagine THAT on the street? Freeways would be a freakin ball.... and, of course, I'd have a GRADE 1A+ "Super speeder Godlike" license wit my mad skillz ahahahhaa

and who answered WHAT'S A TRE? ? ? Get over here so this line can female-dog slap you
biggrin.gif

Speed all the time.

Expect to be arrested here soon.

Thank god I live in a police deficent state.

State boys are so short handed these days it takes them 2 days to respond to a burglury call and take the report.

"It wasn't me..... I simply do what she (the Busa) tells me to!"

~Somewhat long pause where the LE officer just stares at me.~

"There's a glitch in the ECU sir!"

~He blinks a couple times.~

--sigh-- "Is it a long ride back to the station?"

I too am guilty of being addicted to speed. I tend to stay within the limits while riding on city or neighborhood streets but when I hit the open road it doesn't take me long before I am visiting the triple digits.

Aye iz a law abidin' citzin.

biggrin.gif

Seriously, I don't ride "in town" much...when I do, I try to stick to, or close to the limit.

When out on the road, I do tend to exceed the limit on a regular basis, but again, when in traffic I'll drop it to a more sedate pace. I try not to give all of us a bad name.....

Back