Your cruising speed (not highway).

Your cruising speed (not highway). - How fast in moderate road traffic?

• 140+ mph

Votes: 99 100.0%
  • 130+ mph

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 120+ mph

• 110+ mph

• 100+ mph

• 90+ mph

• 80+ mph

• 70+ mph

• 60+ mph

• Less than 60+ mph

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
About 10-15 mph faster than traffic. That is just enough speed to keep ya from being in the same positon and forgotten about. I never go weaving in between cars. Just plain stupid. If I wan't to tear it up, or how I like to say, "Shake & Bake" I hit open back roads with little or no traffic at all.

Whenever possible I do whatever is necessary to stay out of traffic, even if I have to take a longer way around to point B. Tailgaters, cell phone adicts, gal's putting on their make-up, road-rage, and people generally asleep at the switch...  all just accidents waiting to happen.  mad.gif
+1

I go 5 to 10 above the moving traffic speed to keep in the offensive  driving mode and not the defensive driving mode. I do all my high speed on the track and not in traffic where I can get killed or kill someone else sad.gif . Sounds to me like you need to ride with some other friends or just go alone. Believe me, you'll live alot longer wink.gif
+1
+2
+3
+4
+5

I go 5 to 10 above the moving traffic speed to keep in the offensive  driving mode and not the defensive driving mode. I do all my high speed on the track and not in traffic where I can get killed or kill someone else sad.gif . Sounds to me like you need to ride with some other friends or just go alone. Believe me, you'll live alot longer wink.gif
Same here...

+1
+2
+3
+4
+5
I mean +6

I move like a shark in traffic swimming through all the fuggin Sheeple! Yeah I said it, People are sheep and tend to act like it so to avoid the feeble minded and insane I move steadily through traffic. It's far safer to be moving steadily through at 10 over than riding along with the flow waiting for some chuckle head to kill you.

But Yeah, in traffic I am 100% aggresively defensive. No body running at my speed, no one pacing me, no one next to me long enough to take a shot at me. Works awesome. You have to be focused, and you have to on your game, but there is no excuse for close calls or getting taken out by a cage when on the worlds fastest bike.

It's like getting hit in an F-22 by a fuggin c-130. Just no excuse for it. (knocking on wood)

< like Rev .. on most of what he typed .. I never sit on anyones ( quarter ) or ..let them get on mine .. to easy to "twist n go" .. to get "caged" .. by some " wanna be racer " .. keep sharkin thru the pack till I find clean air .. then I'll sit ..in front smile.gif

I move like a shark in traffic swimming through all the fuggin Sheeple!  Yeah I said it, People are sheep and tend to act like it so to avoid the feeble minded and insane I move steadily through traffic.   It's far safer to be moving steadily through at 10 over than riding along with the flow waiting for some chuckle head to kill you.

But Yeah, in traffic I am 100% aggresively defensive.  No body running at my speed, no one pacing me, no one next to me long enough to take a shot at me.  Works awesome.  You have to be focused, and you have to on your game, but there is no excuse for close calls or getting taken out by a cage when on the worlds fastest bike.  

It's like getting hit in an F-22 by a fuggin c-130.  Just no excuse for it.  (knocking on wood)
Heh. And all this time I've been letting traffic pass me. Guess it's time to re-evaluate my driving.

I usually just sit in the flow...moving only when cars are on both sides. They usually pass me, so I tend not to worry too much about it.

Ack...have I turned sheeple?

Only problem here is that almost everyone is already going 10-15mph over the speed limit. Sometimes even 20mph. If I go faster, that's just about a reckless driving charge.

Guess I'll need to look into this more.

Hi Pacific Busa (Pac),

I read your previous post about applying caution, so I agree with your driving strategy.

I don't know what sheepie means since it can take several varied meanings depending on interpretation, but after checking out what "shark" meant with its previous posters, it does not include weaving.

SteelHead

<!--EDIT|steelhead
Reason for Edit: None given...|1148374982 -->

Basically what I mean is move through traffic and ride in general using a predatory mindset. NOT RECKLESS, CALCULATED, INTENTIONAL.

Being Passive, bovine, or as I mentioned a SHEEP, is a sure way to find yourself at the mercy of those around you. What I am talking about simply puts you in control, Taking it firmly in hand and refusing to let the Sheep get you killed. Staying the hell away from the self involved SOB in his Escalade, or the little pinhead in his ricer.

Putting yourself in a predatory mindset really helps focus your mind on the ride and those things which matter.

+1
+2
+3
+4
+5
I mean +6
+7

+1
+2
+3
+4
+5
I mean +6
+7
+8

Hi Pacific Busa (Pac),

I read your previous post about applying caution, so I agree with your driving strategy.

I don't know what sheepie means since it can take several varied meanings depending on interpretation, but after checking out what &quot;shark&quot; meant with its previous posters, it does not include weaving.

SteelHead
Heyas, Steelhead.

I think Rev was just stating that you need to be in an aggressive mode in regards to being alert and taking steps to be sure that you don't end up being an added hood ornament on some SUV.

wink.gif

Basically what I mean is move through traffic and ride in general using a predatory mindset.  NOT RECKLESS, CALCULATED, INTENTIONAL.  

Being Passive, bovine, or as I mentioned a SHEEP, is a sure way to find yourself at the mercy of those around you.  What I am talking about simply puts you in control, Taking it firmly in hand and refusing to let the Sheep get you killed.  Staying the hell away from the self involved SOB in his Escalade, or the little pinhead in his ricer.

Putting yourself in a predatory mindset really helps focus your mind on the ride and those things which matter.
I get what you're saying, Rev. Looks like I need to be a bit more aggressive in my driving, then.

Good lord...I've gone sheeple on a bike.

5-10mph faster than the flow.

BUT, lane sharing is legal here in Cali.

I never go at the speeds you described your group doing in traffic! I keep my excessive speeding to empty back roads and the track.

Don't try to stay with a group that is riding faster than you're comfortable with. Just let them go.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back