So what's your highest?

So what's the highest gas mileage you have gotten?

• Less than 30 mpg

Votes: 15 5.4%
  • Somewhere around 36

Votes: 37 13.3%
  • maybe 39

Votes: 24 8.6%
  • about 41

Votes: 32 11.5%
  • not more than 43

Votes: 35 12.6%

Votes: 29 10.4%

Votes: 13 4.7%

Votes: 7 2.5%

Votes: 29 10.4%
  • 50 or more (and I only ride downhill, both ways)

Votes: 57 20.5%

• Total voters
I used my gps and the amount of fuel I consumed to get my 52-55mpg when my bike was new. I was running 65-80 mph. But was easy on hte gas the whole time. On average a I get 39-42. City highway like my 02 1k!

On a average ride (that's 200 miles or just a little more) I usually get around 43 mpg, averaging between 60 to 70 mph. :beerchug:

before the new pipe I got 50 or more everywhere i whent, only time it would go down was if I was going over 55 mph now that I have a few mods I still get as high as 47 at times, but since I play alot harder now and have changed my rear sproket to +3 I usually am around 32-38 mpg

Last edited:
Once upon a time I hit 45mpg. I can get as low as 10mpg on high turbo. I average now in the 20's.

I managed 48 MPG once, but that was lotsa inerstate riding at or below 80 MPH. Maybe with Royal Purple, she'll hit 50 MPG...dunno...

D

To clarify, the mileage I reported was according to the automatic reading of the Busa dash instruments.
...QUOTE]

I'm lost here. How do you get fuel economy to automatically display on the dash instruments?

I always reset a trip meter when I fill the tank so I can calculate fuel efficiency the next time I fill up. I was not aware there was an automatic fuel effeciency calculator.

I didn't buy the 'busa for fuel effeciency either, though it is nice to feel smug as I blow past Prius drivers.

On a trip to Gatlinburg, I got 55 MPG on two different fill ups. I average to and from work with a little playing I average 42 MPG. I roade with a group of young riders a few times and got around 37 MPG.

K8 - Completely stock to include the reflectors (sorry guys).

im getting only 180km before the yellow light lighted....

currently only using scorpion slipons and bmc race airfilter....

do i nid a pcIII to better my fuel consumption??

To clarify, the mileage I reported was according to the automatic reading of the Busa dash instruments.
...QUOTE]

I'm lost here. How do you get fuel economy to automatically display on the dash instruments?

I always reset a trip meter when I fill the tank so I can calculate fuel efficiency the next time I fill up. I was not aware there was an automatic fuel effeciency calculator.

I didn't buy the 'busa for fuel effeciency either, though it is nice to feel smug as I blow past Prius drivers.
If you press the lower button, just above the odometer, it will cycle through total miles (odometer), trip A (tripmeter), mileage on trip A, trip B, mileage on trip B. At least that's how I think it works on my 2007 model. Trip A,B, and the mpg calculators can all be reset by pressing and holding the button for a few seconds. Don't do this while riding!

Out onm the highway, about 70* with a tail wind, Luci'll get 50 mpg, on the dragon, 20-25 mpg, on the track 17 -20 mpg.

No clue what the best I have gotten... in my '05 I had it pegged out at 60mpg sinc eit wouldnt go any higher.. hammered on it for a little while before it finally started going under...

I recently made a tread about my 400 mile trip the other week. I changed my tune on the PC to the regular suggested one for my setup and I got between 48-49mpg. I get much less with my normal "race" tune even on the highway. The kicker was that I run 16-42 gearing and my speedo is off but I did between 80-90 as indicated most of the trip. Very impressed with the mpg on the dynojet map. It is slower at the track on that map by 3mph!

It would be easier for me to tell you how many miles I can go on a tank......lol. But then again I did not build my baby for mileage :whistle:

Back