so i go on vacation get home and my gun is missing

Ok....let me see if I have this straight...

You allowed someone you DON'T know, live in your house while you were on vacation....

And you didn't secure your firearms??

Are you nuts?

Secondly, press charges. Get your gun back.

And learn from your mistake.

Ok....let me see if I have this straight...

You allowed someone you DON'T know, live in your house while you were on vacation....

And you didn't secure your firearms??

Are you nuts?

Secondly, press charges.   Get your gun back.

And learn from your mistake.
this is my mother in laws friend no one else was suppose to be here only a 65 year old lady for the weekend. and this is my mother in laws house

Press charges, hopefully you will get your gun back and the POS will
learn a lesson.

Press Charges.
firedevil.gif

why didn't you have it secured in a safe to begin with? definately press charges because god forbide someone get's hurt w/your piece, it's on you. i have mine locked up and for $60 it is well worth it. something to think about next time.

I have my most of my guns in my safe, but I keep one in my closet as well. There is no way I could be awaken in the middle of the night and have the wits to work the comb on my safe...in the dark.. to retrieve a gun..while worrying about getting to my daughters to make sure they are safe also. The gun I keep out is not chambered and requires alot of strength to pull back....it's old, but loud.

So drop the "why wasn't it secure" bits....and stay focused on the fact that a thief stole something.

gotta press charges and go through the house with a fine tooth comb to see what else is gone. first and foremost, you have to protect yourself legally, get as much paperwork in your behalf. if. lord forbid, it's used to commit a crime and injures someone, or worse, you need to prove that you did everything in your power to recover it(legally...not by threats of kicking a$$) ie pressing charges. hope you get it back. it's nothing against the mom, but she allowed him in and to rifle through your stuff when it was supposed to just be her there. I hope it all works out.

I'd find that kid, drag him out into the middle of nowhere, and Scare the crap out of him, but don't make direct threats to him. Then I'd leave him to walk back, and still press charges.

I have my most of my guns in my safe, but I keep one in my closet as well.  There is no way I could be awaken in the middle of the night and have the wits to work the comb on my safe...in the dark.. to retrieve a gun..while worrying about getting to my daughters to make sure they are safe also.  The gun I keep out is not chambered and requires alot of strength to pull back....it's old, but loud.  

So drop the "why wasn't it secure" bits....and stay focused on the fact that a thief stole something.
I agree with you 100%. This is how I protect myself also. Safes are great. They work just like gun control in my opinion. Now do not get me wrong and start flaming me. I do believe in safes for my firearms. But I also believe 1 needs to be out and readily available to protect me and my family from the lowlife POS's in this world.
2cents.gif

Lock your guns up when you or your wife are not personally there!!!! Press charges. Every time I leave my house I put my glock back into the gun safe or take it with me. You can be held liable in many states if you do not practice proper gun storage.

Lock your guns up when you or your wife are not personally there!!!! Press charges. Every time I leave my house I put my glock back into the gun safe or take it with me. You can be held liable in many states if you do not practice proper gun storage.
..you are correct on the liable part and that is one of the stupidest laws.

If someone breaks into your house and steals a kitchen knife and stabs someone are you liable?....how about a baseball bat and beats someone?....how about a lighter and starts a fire....how about a pen and writes a hot check.

People need to be resposible for their own criminal acts.

i do have guns in the safe but have one out in a safe place that i can get to very fast now for all that are saying lock the guns up you keep doing that and when someone comes in to raid your family and you strugle to open that safe to protect your loved ones then lets talk storing all your guns in one basket on the other hand charge the little Fcuker and let him feel bubba rob him of his manhood good luck and getting your piece back
beerchug.gif

Okay... This is my opinion...

1: Charges, press them. Don't do the crime if you can't do the time.

2: Gun safe. Use it. My view is, if you are with the gun, or can keep an eye on it, or someone you know knows how to handle it is around, fine, out of the safe for safety, otherwise, I say carry it or lock it up if no one is around to keep an eye on it. It's not a gun control speech... Screw the gun control freaks... It's common sense, if your gonna worry about your gun disappearing and being used in a crime, lock it up or keep it on your person. When I go to the range, I don't leave my pistol in the car, I keep it on my side open holster (waiting on my concealed carry, should be in soon), cause if someone were to break into my car, I don't want them to have the gun. Same as the house, it's locked up if no one that knows how to handle it is around.

Back